Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 1:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Even Smaller Odds Help Little

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Pick3Ma$terer.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Uluska's avatar - strawberry

United States
Member #134627
November 2, 2012
1001 Posts
Posted: September 10, 2013, 10:14 am - IP Logged

I developed method for playing Cash 3, where I reduce number group to 120 ( out of 1000) combinations, and then I can farther reduce it to about 45-60 combinations. They have to be played  Straight , 6 ways.  Even when I have such small group to pick combinations from, it is absolutely possible to miss the target, thus waisting money to the point when even winning $80.00 will not cover the expences.  The winning combination, say, will be inside this group of combinations most of the time, but not necessarily be one I picked. To play all those comnibations at once can be  larger loss even if I win once, but then I'd loose few times, just enough to be at the loss.  Few times combination will not be the one I picked, an even feweer times match. Just think , is it worth playing lottery at 1/ 1000 odds? It is not worth it. The problem is not randomness, it is possible to distill numbers to a promising, workable  group, problem is how rewards are set up. No matter what one does, buyers of the lottery end up at the loss.

United States
    Member #141260
    April 9, 2013
    1390 Posts
    Posted: September 10, 2013, 10:37 am - IP Logged

I developed method for playing Cash 3, where I reduce number group to 120 ( out of 1000) combinations, and then I can farther reduce it to about 45-60 combinations. They have to be played  Straight , 6 ways.  Even when I have such small group to pick combinations from, it is absolutely possible to miss the target, thus waisting money to the point when even winning $80.00 will not cover the expences.  The winning combination, say, will be inside this group of combinations most of the time, but not necessarily be one I picked. To play all those comnibations at once can be  larger loss even if I win once, but then I'd loose few times, just enough to be at the loss.  Few times combination will not be the one I picked, an even feweer times match. Just think , is it worth playing lottery at 1/ 1000 odds? It is not worth it. The problem is not randomness, it is possible to distill numbers to a promising, workable  group, problem is how rewards are set up. No matter what one does, buyers of the lottery end up at the loss.

Play scratchoffs then. ........
    Some have odds 1 in 4.25

.  Good luck. Banana

Banana

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
      Texas
      United States
      Member #55889
      October 23, 2007
      5603 Posts
      Posted: September 10, 2013, 11:28 am - IP Logged

That's why it's called gambling.

Play for fun.

I found a way to make a small profit at P3, but it's hardly worth the trouble.

But I like to keep playing on paper to see if I can do better, without losing money.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
        Park City, UT
        United States
        Member #69864
        January 18, 2009
        993 Posts
        Posted: September 10, 2013, 11:49 am - IP Logged

Play online you get better payouts 900 to 1 for straight, 300 to 1 for 3-way box, and 150 to 1 for 6-way box.

Jimmy

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7314 Posts
          Posted: September 11, 2013, 12:54 am - IP Logged

You have two problems. By boxing 60 lines, you need to hit 75% of the drawings just to break even. The other is only 72% will be a 6-way box and it applies to straights too. You could try putting your 60 lines into groups of ten and see which groups are winning consistently and playing 20 lines.

I'm assuming you have a method to pick the 60 lines so you could try putting a value on the lines by using something like most favored to least favored.

United States
            Member #146661
            September 11, 2013
            69 Posts
            Posted: September 11, 2013, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

I'm intrigued. You sound like myself when I speak. I've gone through these same explanations you have here. Only, I've solved the problem ,altogether, and made it all worthwhile. Using a sensible ,and systematic, breakdown of the numbers in conjunction with target-playing is the trick. It can ,and does, work. I'm able to ,consistently, win 50% ,or more, of the time I play. This enables me to ,reliably, make money on the regular.