Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 7:51 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

does anyone play online with chromebook os laptop

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 3 years ago by cash4ninja.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #141260
April 9, 2013
1390 Posts
Posted: September 13, 2013, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

Wondering if u can play online via 5**** with the chromebook

MonEl's avatar - 24zd6s0

United States
    Member #132100
    August 26, 2012
    1105 Posts
    Posted: September 14, 2013, 12:50 am - IP Logged

I don't know if now people who connect to 5***** from a USA location are allowed to place bets there.

I just read their "General rules" and it doesn't say neither "Nay" nor "Aye"  about that.

So it looks as if people from here can again place bets there.

Maybe the way to know for sure would be to try to open an account there, but I am having a lot of trouble moving there on that site it is right now super slow, either that or I am being blocked by somebody I cliked onn "Register Here"  and that page doesn't open up , so if it is like that often or always there that place is of no use.

It took a long time, but the "Register Here" page did open up, I didn't try to register.

I saw on the register page that people from the United States can register there once again.

-------

Now about "Chromebook"

What connects to an Internet site is a "Browser" if the Chromebook comes with an Internet browser then it should be able to connnect to all or to most Internet sites including that one.

I don't see as to why they should care which operating system and or Internet browser you use to connnect with them so long as the browser is secure enough and it can "render" (Display) the Internet pages right.

There are some Internet sites that only allow people with Internet Explorer to connect with them.

But I think that everything should be O.K. with the Chromebook on that site.

Only way to know for sure is to try or to ask them.

That gambling site is sure very slow moving it takes almost forever to navigate from page to page, that can cause trouble to those using it, after all lottery gambling can be a time sensitive thing.

---------------

But all or most lottery software only works on some sort of Microsoft Windows O.S, not on other OSes.

Well "Good Luck" and happy winning!!!!

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
      Texas
      United States
      Member #86154
      January 30, 2010
      1654 Posts
      Posted: September 14, 2013, 8:30 am - IP Logged

Pretty sure that's doable. I still have my 'dinosaur' laptop and old software which I first started with and have no issues what so ever. I did have to create my own program, though, with the available accessories.

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
        u$a
        United States
        Member #106665
        February 22, 2011
        19964 Posts
        Posted: September 14, 2013, 10:27 am - IP Logged

Pretty sure that's doable. I still have my 'dinosaur' laptop and old software which I first started with and have no issues what so ever. I did have to create my own program, though, with the available accessories.

L.L.

Good to see you Lucky Loser hope all is well

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
          Jacksonville Florida
          United States
          Member #23018
          October 6, 2005
          929 Posts
          Posted: September 14, 2013, 11:07 am - IP Logged

Although Chromebooks work on most websites, there are some that it won't work with. Some sites that require certain "plug-ins" (special add on programs) may not work correctly. There are workarounds for some of these problems but most users don't want to fool with this.

The best way to find out if it works with a particular site is to ask the site owner/webmaster or try it and see (when you buy a Chromebook or PC, some stores offer a return period with no restock fee, so if you buy one and it doesn't work, take it back for full refund - check with store before buying for full refund policy).

On a side note, websites should not be designed where they don't work with certain browsers/operating systems. Whenever I design a site, it is created with maximum compatibility with all major browsers/operating systems, as close to 100% compatibility as possible.

United States
            Member #141260
            April 9, 2013
            1390 Posts
            Posted: September 14, 2013, 11:15 am - IP Logged

Thanks all