Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 5:17 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Praying to the Lottery Gods - from Burying the Secret

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 3 years ago by dallascowboyfan.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10390 Posts
Posted: September 14, 2013, 2:49 am - IP Logged

Praying to the Lottery Gods

From the book Burying the Secret, The Road to Ruin Is Paved with Books About the Law of Attraction

by Carol Rutter

(Very interesting read!)

My lotto fantasies date back to the 1970s. At that time, I would condo shop before the drawing and it went rapidly downhill from there. I used to (half-) jokingly say that the "lottery gods must be really backlogged and they will get to me next time". So I have a history of frittering away a lot of thoughts and energy on something that has not materialzed and probably never will despite years on end of practicing affirmations according to the law of attraction.

Those of us who have not read The Secret probably found the last story a bit harebrained. However, The Secret features a few similar gems here and there, written by some of its 24 contributors. Of course, the comparable, goofy stories recounted in The Secret produced a full manifestation of whatever had been desired. Therefore, I should have won $10 million many times over by now, according to The Secret. In any case, a steadfast belief in the law of attraction predisposes some devotees to temporarily abandon their good sense so they can pursue monumental dreams.

p 160

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10390 Posts
    Posted: September 14, 2013, 2:54 am - IP Logged

"My lotto fantasies date back to the 1970s. At that time, I would condo shop before the drawing and it went rapidly downhill from there."

Brings some of the posts in the jackpot frenzy threads to mind.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

sully16's avatar - sharan
      Ringleader
      Michigan
      United States
      Member #81740
      October 28, 2009
      41979 Posts
      Posted: September 14, 2013, 9:36 am - IP Logged

From the book Burying the Secret, The Road to Ruin Is Paved with Books About the Law of Attraction

by Carol Rutter

(Very interesting read!)

My lotto fantasies date back to the 1970s. At that time, I would condo shop before the drawing and it went rapidly downhill from there. I used to (half-) jokingly say that the "lottery gods must be really backlogged and they will get to me next time". So I have a history of frittering away a lot of thoughts and energy on something that has not materialzed and probably never will despite years on end of practicing affirmations according to the law of attraction.

Those of us who have not read The Secret probably found the last story a bit harebrained. However, The Secret features a few similar gems here and there, written by some of its 24 contributors. Of course, the comparable, goofy stories recounted in The Secret produced a full manifestation of whatever had been desired. Therefore, I should have won $10 million many times over by now, according to The Secret. In any case, a steadfast belief in the law of attraction predisposes some devotees to temporarily abandon their good sense so they can pursue monumental dreams.

p 160

Thanks Coin, I'll check it out.

HyperBe Happy.

eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
        LAS VEGAS
        United States
        Member #47729
        November 22, 2006
        4584 Posts
        Posted: September 15, 2013, 10:51 pm - IP Logged

by Carol Rutter

(Very interesting read!)

p 160

Most IInteresting Read Coin,

"It is kind of fun to do the impossible," said Walt Disney
        ....But we have to see the invisible to do the impossible ~ EddessaKnight

'Te Es Non Carbonrundom Illegitmum.'
        Don't let the <snip>s grind you down

Hold on to your dreams

EddessaKnight

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
          Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #82391
          November 12, 2009
          6305 Posts
          Posted: September 17, 2013, 6:10 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the info CT

I Love Pink & Green 1908