Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would You Keep $123 Million in one bank account?

Topic closed. 44 replies. Last post 3 years ago by mikeintexas.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #77815
August 1, 2009
3459 Posts
Posted: September 14, 2013, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

If you won the lottery would you put it all your money in the bank? I was reading this story about Floyd "Money" Mayweather Jr. having a $123 million dollars in one bank account. At first I was thinking this is crazy. But after I let it roll around it started making more sense to me. We all know FDIC only protects you up to $250,000. But when you read countless  stories about atheletes scammed by their financial advisor or planners. Maybe Floyd decided he could manage one bank account instead of letting a con artist in a suit and tie steal his money. Here is the quote from the article:

He looks around to make sure nobody is watching before holding out a slip of paper cupped in his right hand. It is a bank slip, and Floyd is watching me watch it as my eyes attempt to focus on the balance. I look at the numbers spread out across the thermal paper. I had heard that Floyd does his banking the old-fashioned way: going inside, talking to a real-life teller. He is also known to be a big proponent of maximum liquidity. Still, the amount of digits spread across the bottom-right corner doesn’t seem possible.

I look up to see Floyd smiling. He begins to laugh. I say something unintelligible about too many numbers. I’m not sure what prompted this. Perhaps he mistook my look of fatigue for disapproval? Given his spending habits, is he concerned with pre-empting the inevitable talk that he will end up broke? Or is it simply one more example of the man’s hubris? I look down one more time to make sure I got it right. And yes, it’s right there, 11 numbers long.

There is more than $123 million in Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s bank account.

He nods, folds the slip and says, “One account, baby.”

What else is there to say?

Guess Who's Back?

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4106 Posts
    Posted: September 14, 2013, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps in one Bank- but Mayweather is no idiot. You don't get to accumulate that amount of wealth and not know what could happen should the financial institution fail you.

One bank perhaps- but his money is not sitting around in ONE account, its growing...where you and l have no business knowing about. 

These guys are Wealthy as well....but l doubt that have all these eggs in one basket.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5120 Posts
      Posted: September 14, 2013, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

If you won the lottery would you put it all your money in the bank? I was reading this story about Floyd "Money" Mayweather Jr. having a $123 million dollars in one bank account. At first I was thinking this is crazy. But after I let it roll around it started making more sense to me. We all know FDIC only protects you up to $250,000. But when you read countless  stories about atheletes scammed by their financial advisor or planners. Maybe Floyd decided he could manage one bank account instead of letting a con artist in a suit and tie steal his money. Here is the quote from the article:

He looks around to make sure nobody is watching before holding out a slip of paper cupped in his right hand. It is a bank slip, and Floyd is watching me watch it as my eyes attempt to focus on the balance. I look at the numbers spread out across the thermal paper. I had heard that Floyd does his banking the old-fashioned way: going inside, talking to a real-life teller. He is also known to be a big proponent of maximum liquidity. Still, the amount of digits spread across the bottom-right corner doesn’t seem possible.

I look up to see Floyd smiling. He begins to laugh. I say something unintelligible about too many numbers. I’m not sure what prompted this. Perhaps he mistook my look of fatigue for disapproval? Given his spending habits, is he concerned with pre-empting the inevitable talk that he will end up broke? Or is it simply one more example of the man’s hubris? I look down one more time to make sure I got it right. And yes, it’s right there, 11 numbers long.

W5Q:

There  is more than $123 million in Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s bank account.

He nods, folds the slip and says, "One account, baby."

W5Q:

Do "you" work at this BANK????????!!

ThudThinking of...Thud

MsNumberDreamer's avatar - lottery balls-cash.jpg
        North Carolina
        United States
        Member #145690
        August 11, 2013
        258 Posts
        Posted: September 14, 2013, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

We all know FDIC only protects you up to $250,000.

So, should the bank go bankrupt all of your money is just gone and there's nothing you can do? Or is this referring to if someone steals your account information and use your account?

To God be the glory... 

When you're winning you're being blessed by Him!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19825 Posts
          Posted: September 14, 2013, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

I've read about banks being part of a CDEC system where one bank handle a multi-cd account system where your actual money is in many CD accounts spread amount several other banks thus getting the protection of the FDIC as if parts of your money were in each of those banks.  I'm sure a good financial adviser could explain about such systems used to protect large sums of money.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5120 Posts
            Posted: September 14, 2013, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

We all know FDIC only protects you up to $250,000.

So, should the bank go bankrupt all of your money is just gone and there's nothing you can do? Or is this referring to if someone steals your account information and use your account?

MND:

We all know FDIC only protects you up 2 $250,000>>>>>>>>>>>BUT, "R"

all us pur<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<dummies

going 2 depend on D gov 2 protect us >>>>>>>>>if we have $250,000 ND

bank>>>>>>>but,>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>oH >>>>>????????????

WHAT BOUT>>but,>>>>>DON't>>>>forgit BOUT that other..($%))((%$)

Party$500 Million I got n yo BANK??

$$$$ skew D pur U will PROTECT me!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$Party!

"PLEASE" HELP>Psyko finger dis (1)!

Partybig "WON" $$$$$$$$$ "OUT"!!

IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
              Columbus, Ohio
              United States
              Member #128906
              June 5, 2012
              591 Posts
              Posted: September 14, 2013, 3:37 pm - IP Logged

These are the types of problems I want to have

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                Oklahoma
                United States
                Member #82391
                November 12, 2009
                6290 Posts
                Posted: September 14, 2013, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

" We all know FDIC only protects you up to $250,000." 

You can always buy additional insurance NCUA offer it as well Wink

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Florida
                  United States
                  Member #77815
                  August 1, 2009
                  3459 Posts
                  Posted: September 14, 2013, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

W5Q:

There  is more than $123 million in Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s bank account.

He nods, folds the slip and says, "One account, baby."

W5Q:

Do "you" work at this BANK????????!!

ThudThinking of...Thud

No! I am just posting what I read.

Guess Who's Back?

Florida
                    United States
                    Member #77815
                    August 1, 2009
                    3459 Posts
                    Posted: September 14, 2013, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps in one Bank- but Mayweather is no idiot. You don't get to accumulate that amount of wealth and not know what could happen should the financial institution fail you.

One bank perhaps- but his money is not sitting around in ONE account, its growing...where you and l have no business knowing about. 

These guys are Wealthy as well....but l doubt that have all these eggs in one basket.

I Agree! But "Money" Mayweather is the one who made it our business when he gave the interview.

Guess Who's Back?

MsNumberDreamer's avatar - lottery balls-cash.jpg
                      North Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #145690
                      August 11, 2013
                      258 Posts
                      Posted: September 14, 2013, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

MND:

We all know FDIC only protects you up 2 $250,000>>>>>>>>>>>BUT, "R"

all us pur<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<dummies

going 2 depend on D gov 2 protect us >>>>>>>>>if we have $250,000 ND

bank>>>>>>>but,>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>oH >>>>>????????????

WHAT BOUT>>but,>>>>>DON't>>>>forgit BOUT that other..($%))((%$)

Party$500 Million I got n yo BANK??

$$$$ skew D pur U will PROTECT me!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$Party!

"PLEASE" HELP>Psyko finger dis (1)!

Partybig "WON" $$$$$$$$$ "OUT"!!

With you typing like that I really can't follow you. Did you even answer my questions?

Can someone answer my questions please.... A real answer... Not bs or calling people dummies.

To God be the glory... 

When you're winning you're being blessed by Him!

Marana AZ
                        United States
                        Member #145341
                        August 3, 2013
                        178 Posts
                        Posted: September 14, 2013, 5:25 pm - IP Logged

United States
                          Member #4877
                          May 30, 2004
                          5120 Posts
                          Posted: September 14, 2013, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

With you typing like that I really can't follow you. Did you even answer my questions?

Can someone answer my questions please.... A real answer... Not bs or calling people dummies.

MND:

Thank you 4UR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>post>>>>>>>>>>>>>U>>>>HAVE A GREAT QUESTION???????????

Can someone answer Psyko's ???'s please....A real answer...Not bs or calling people dummies.Dunk

Psyko has a MOTTO:   

"TODAY's the DAY" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>$$$$$$!

DanceJack-in-the-BoxDance

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                            Massachusetts
                            United States
                            Member #37433
                            April 14, 2006
                            2747 Posts
                            Posted: September 14, 2013, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

Would You Keep $123 Million in one bank account?

First of all Win$500Quick that is a great problem to have. I think I would do that because it makes everything stress-free. I am not a believer in liquid money just lying in the bank account so most likely I wouldn't leave it there for too long. 

On related news, "Money" is gonna make a little over $40M just by showing up for the boxing bout tonight. I sure hope he has good people to advice him because gold diggers can smell his money from miles away.

That money's gone fo ever

United States
                              Member #4877
                              May 30, 2004
                              5120 Posts
                              Posted: September 14, 2013, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

MGM:

On related news, "MONEY" is going 2 make a little over $40,000,000 just 4 showing UP>4D boxing bout!!!

LoviesLoveLovies GOD ble$$ moneyLoviesLoveLovies

Jack-in-the-Box

Hurray! Hit With Stick Bash ONLY N "AMERICA" Hit With Stick Bash  Hurray!