Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:43 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

will ohio and other states follow texas in pick 3 and 4

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 3 years ago by mitch13.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
lotto guru's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
mansfield,Ohio's
United States
Member #62976
July 15, 2008
494 Posts
Posted: September 19, 2013, 4:14 pm - IP Logged

what do u think will ohio and other states play the pick 3 and 4 times a day

smooth11484's avatar - Lottery-053.jpg
    ohio
    United States
    Member #125198
    March 26, 2012
    1894 Posts
    Posted: September 19, 2013, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

Thatss a gift and a curse

United States
      Member #141260
      April 9, 2013
      1390 Posts
      Posted: September 19, 2013, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

I doubt it

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: September 19, 2013, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

Tennessee is changing to 3 times a day now.

LAVERNE MALONEY's avatar - smallgirl

United States
          Member #1987
          August 5, 2003
          8968 Posts
          Posted: September 19, 2013, 4:48 pm - IP Logged
            minx500's avatar - sungirl
            texas
            United States
            Member #119192
            November 16, 2011
            2335 Posts
            Posted: September 19, 2013, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

Thatss a gift and a curse

LoL your right...I play Tx p3/d4 I only play noon/night draw
            and have seen more of the curse side rather than the gift side
            unfortunately sometimes my numbers come in other draws
            so I loose out because its to costly to play all 4 draws... But it
            seems that Texas is a trail blazer for starting new types of gaming.
            So maybe other states will follow.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
              Massachusetts
              United States
              Member #37433
              April 14, 2006
              2747 Posts
              Posted: September 19, 2013, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

I say yes.

States are starving for money due to the federal budget cuts/debt limit thing. Sequestration they call it? One place where the lotteries earn majority of revenue is the scratch tickets and I suspect there will be fewer winners there. Also games like pick 3 & 4 which are popular will have multiple draws. Games like MegaMillions, HotLotto, and New Englands Lucky for Life have already seen a matrix change to make it harder to win the jp. 

I bet state lottery websites will have fewer winner stories of big jackpots.

That money's gone fo ever

mitch13's avatar - darksword
                northwood,ohio
                United States
                Member #90211
                April 23, 2010
                4588 Posts
                Posted: September 20, 2013, 8:44 am - IP Logged

First of all if they do start drawing 4 time a day ,I'm out. I'm not going to give them more money so they can give it to other countries and support them ,and waste it on some of the stuff they spend it on, because we need to support our country first,,, 

And second if my bills go up i cant go to my boss or owner and say i need more money can i ! Hell no they would laugh at me and tell me to take a hike ,,,,,,

That's the cold hard facts,I love this country and its time to stop these people trying  to ruin it.

Proud to be an American    US Flag

Mitch                                             

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith

If i ever do get this game figured out we all will make money.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #55889
                  October 23, 2007
                  5592 Posts
                  Posted: September 20, 2013, 9:32 am - IP Logged

First of all if they do start drawing 4 time a day ,I'm out. I'm not going to give them more money so they can give it to other countries and support them ,and waste it on some of the stuff they spend it on, because we need to support our country first,,, 

And second if my bills go up i cant go to my boss or owner and say i need more money can i ! Hell no they would laugh at me and tell me to take a hike ,,,,,,

That's the cold hard facts,I love this country and its time to stop these people trying  to ruin it.

Proud to be an American    US Flag

Mitch                                             

Revenue from lottery tickets don't go to other countries. States use the money towards education, veterans benefits, or other things to help the state itself. The only time money from a lottery player would go to another country would be federal tax from a winning ticket. (Or if the player went to another country to splurge).

I do agree though that the flow of federal money (our tax dollars) to foreign countries is out of control.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #55889
                    October 23, 2007
                    5592 Posts
                    Posted: September 20, 2013, 9:39 am - IP Logged

Basically three ways a state can increase revenue through the lottery. Increase the price of a ticket; introduce a new game that costs more than $1 for a ticket; or increase the number of draws in a day.

Texas just went to 4 draws a day with P3 and D4, following with the introduction of the All or Nothing game which began with 4 draws a day at $2 per ticket. The lottery commissions don't do these things so you can win more. Because they and we (well most of us) know quite well if you play more you will lose more. But they market it as "you have more chances to win!"

Don't play every draw. Moderation is key.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19825 Posts
                      Posted: September 20, 2013, 11:23 am - IP Logged

Over the years Ohio has had enough failures to know better than to just try something because some other idiot is doing it.  Ohio tried limiting the amount a player could win, 6/100 Lot"O play for $2/ticket, jacking up the jackpot more than ticket sales could support and numerous other tricks that failed.  That change hasn't proven itself in Texas yet.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

mitch13's avatar - darksword
                        northwood,ohio
                        United States
                        Member #90211
                        April 23, 2010
                        4588 Posts
                        Posted: September 20, 2013, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

Over the years Ohio has had enough failures to know better than to just try something because some other idiot is doing it.  Ohio tried limiting the amount a player could win, 6/100 Lot"O play for $2/ticket, jacking up the jackpot more than ticket sales could support and numerous other tricks that failed.  That change hasn't proven itself in Texas yet.

Well put RJOH to the point,,,,,,,,,,

Mitch

I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith

If i ever do get this game figured out we all will make money.