Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Theoretical Sets

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Ramijami.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Ramijami's avatar - wired shell.jpg
Cape Town
South Africa
Member #66343
October 23, 2008
115 Posts
Posted: September 22, 2013, 6:00 am - IP Logged

Hi, need some help please as I am trying to test a few ideas. From what I gather from my searches on LP in the past, to get 6 in 24 numbers one would theoretically need around 104 sets of 24 numbers. Does anyone have these sets or know where I can get them, or of a free software that can generate them? I'm looking for the 6 in 24 sets, 6 in 18 sets, 5 in 22 sets, and 5 in 15 sets. The closest software I have is LottoDesignerXL, but it does not work on my excel for mac (macros not working), and open office gives an error so I can't use it to generate sets to test.

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks

Cape Town
    South Africa
    Member #66343
    October 23, 2008
    115 Posts
    Posted: September 27, 2013, 9:09 am - IP Logged

Was able to use LottoDesignerXL to get 95 sets of 22 numbers for the powerball. Backtested it with our lotto and it matches a winning combination about 95% of the time. The LottoDesignerXL version I have is build 4, but I see there is a build 7. Does anybody know where I can get a copy? I tried the website but can't download it, and the other website where the download works is for build 4.

Any help appreciated.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3103 Posts
      Posted: September 27, 2013, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

Odds and averages are not wheeling combinations.  In a 6/49 game the odds of a 3 number win are 1 in 56, this means you will average a 3 number win for every 56 plays whether one a week or played all at once and if you don't get a 3 number win in the first 56 plays you will likely have one or two in the next 56 and so on.

While the odds of a 3 number win are 1 in 56 it takes 163 wheeled combinations to guarantee that win and that's a split wheel making a jackpot almost impossible as all the winning numbers have to land on one side of the spilit or the other.

In a 6/49 lottery if you were allowed to play 24 numbers against a 6 number draw, you would expect to average all 6 winning numbers among the 24 one time in 104 plays or 104 draws.  This is nothing like what you would have to wheel to guarantee a win.  Of course you can cut that down a little by not closing the wheel and accepting some risk.

Go to lotto-logix for my email bottom of every page, send me an email with build 7 in the subject line from an account that can accept an email attachment. Good luck getting it to work.

BobP

Cape Town
        South Africa
        Member #66343
        October 23, 2008
        115 Posts
        Posted: September 29, 2013, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

Thanks BobP. Sent an e-mail.

Cape Town
          South Africa
          Member #66343
          October 23, 2008
          115 Posts
          Posted: October 12, 2013, 6:48 am - IP Logged

Testing 100 Sets of 22 Numbers (91% matches in previous draws) in Powerball 5/45. Using the idea by GameBelgium www.lotterypost.com/thread/228042 to reduce the numbers within the sets, but using 3 "NoMatch" lines to eliminate numbers. Also using 3 FD's (0-9) and 3 Rootsums (1-9) to eliminate further. Usually end up with sets containing 2-12 numbers using all 3 aspects. Challenge is getting the correct parameters for each aspect to give only 100 sets, or a maximum of 3 for each aspect which will give about 2700 Sets (3 NoMatch x 3 FD x 3 RootSums x 100 sets) of 2-12 numbers. Only getting 1 of the 3 correct at the moment :-(