Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:56 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Scratchers

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Jon D.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Pasadena, California
United States
Member #147158
September 23, 2013
5 Posts
Posted: September 23, 2013, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone know how I can find out the retailers in the Glendale/Burbank areas who have sold top winning scratcher tickets and their amounts? I know it's public record... but I just don't know where to begin.

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
    Jacksonville Florida
    United States
    Member #23018
    October 6, 2005
    915 Posts
    Posted: September 23, 2013, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone know how I can find out the retailers in the Glendale/Burbank areas who have sold top winning scratcher tickets and their amounts? I know it's public record... but I just don't know where to begin.

I would start with emailing the lottery and asking them. There should be a Contact link on your state Lottery's main page...

Pasadena, California
      United States
      Member #147158
      September 23, 2013
      5 Posts
      Posted: September 23, 2013, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

I would start with emailing the lottery and asking them. There should be a Contact link on your state Lottery's main page...

Thank you! I think I found it...

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
        Los Angeles, California
        United States
        Member #103813
        January 5, 2011
        1530 Posts
        Posted: September 23, 2013, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

Thank you! I think I found it...

I assume you found the Contact the Lottery link at the bottom of calottery.com, and the Public Records Request link after that.

The last time I asked for scratch data, they threatened to charge me. For what? A simple SQL query and then emailing me a spreadsheet? What is the cost of that?

Anyway, good luck with getting the data you want from the PRA coordinator.

If you just want to see some 2012 Scratchers data, I posted before about this here:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/257573

The first and last link in the thread has mapping data covering Glendale/Burbank.

Some states are beginning to publish more Scratch winners data and some even have maps too, although the completeness and flexibility of those views is currently somewhat limited.(so I made my own)