Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 5:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why is it that no one has ever won a dozen or more MUSL jackpots?

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 3 years ago by onlymoney.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #106134
February 13, 2011
806 Posts
Posted: September 24, 2013, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

Anyone have any insight here?  Do jackpot winners simply quit playing?

They shouldn't!  They won in the first place because it was way too easy for them and if it's way too easy once you'd think it would be that way for every single drawing.   

If I was one of these winners, I'd win the next five $300 million plus drawings then retire.

United States
    Member #128790
    June 2, 2012
    5431 Posts
    Posted: September 24, 2013, 3:32 pm - IP Logged

They shouldn't!  They won in the first place because it was way too easy for them and if it's way too easy once you'd think it would be that way for every single drawing.   

If I was one of these winners, I'd win the next five $300 million plus drawings then retire.

How do you figure it was too easy for them to win once? You obviously don't realize the immense odds against a person winning once, much less twice, three, or four times in a lifetime.

The person who won was simply lucky enough to beat the astronomical odds. There were hundreds of millions of losing tickets in order for that one or two people to win.

Crazy

United States
      Member #145267
      August 1, 2013
      1672 Posts
      Posted: September 24, 2013, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

Yes, if I won a jackpot, I would still play the lottery.  Some people are lucky to win a lottery jackpot.

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7340 Posts
        Posted: September 24, 2013, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

Over 91 million tickets were purchased trying to win the $400 million PB jackpot last week and only ONE winning ticket. Why do expect that one jackpot winner should win the jackpot again?

"If I was one of these winners, I'd win the next five $300 million plus drawings then retire."

If you think it's that easy to win twice, ever wonder why you never won it once?

Crazy Crazy

United States
          Member #106134
          February 13, 2011
          806 Posts
          Posted: September 24, 2013, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

Over 91 million tickets were purchased trying to win the $400 million PB jackpot last week and only ONE winning ticket. Why do expect that one jackpot winner should win the jackpot again?

"If I was one of these winners, I'd win the next five $300 million plus drawings then retire."

If you think it's that easy to win twice, ever wonder why you never won it once?

Crazy Crazy

I've never won it once because I can't, it's impossible for me.  Best I can hope for is 5 + 0.

I guarantee you that any winner could win the jackpot multiple times with the greatest of ease.

United States
            Member #130815
            July 25, 2012
            1636 Posts
            Posted: September 24, 2013, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

Multiple jackpots no...but if you did win a jackpot one good time you could have better luck buying and winning on scratch-offs I would think...that's what I'd be playing mostly if i won a big jackpot....it'd be nice to go in and buy those $20 scratch-offs at like $500 each time

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
              Happyland
              United States
              Member #146344
              September 1, 2013
              1130 Posts
              Posted: September 24, 2013, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

Multiple jackpots no...but if you did win a jackpot one good time you could have better luck buying and winning on scratch-offs I would think...that's what I'd be playing mostly if i won a big jackpot....it'd be nice to go in and buy those $20 scratch-offs at like $500 each time

Yeah, just like that Joan Ginther who won like $5.4 million on state lotto then went on to win 3 more jackpots on scratch-offs. She has more money to drop than the average joe so she has won more jackpots.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
              If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
              P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

Greg2117's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
                New York
                United States
                Member #145706
                August 12, 2013
                108 Posts
                Posted: September 24, 2013, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

I've never won it once because I can't, it's impossible for me.  Best I can hope for is 5 + 0.

I guarantee you that any winner could win the jackpot multiple times with the greatest of ease.

If you have that mindset of it being impossible or you can't, then you're never going to win. Never give up and have the beleif that you will win one day. All it takes is a littl bit of luck and beleif.

"When you begin to see, then you begin to feel. And when you begin to feel, then you begin to believe".

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7340 Posts
                  Posted: September 25, 2013, 12:12 am - IP Logged

If you have that mindset of it being impossible or you can't, then you're never going to win. Never give up and have the beleif that you will win one day. All it takes is a littl bit of luck and beleif.

Just a guess, but I'm betting they're using reverse physiology.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                    Bay Area - California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4144 Posts
                    Posted: September 25, 2013, 12:31 am - IP Logged

Winning the lottery is not like winning with horses- obviously there are those extremely fortunate folk who can pick winners- not so with the lottery.

Notice the difference?

NY
                      United States
                      Member #23835
                      October 16, 2005
                      3502 Posts
                      Posted: September 25, 2013, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

How high up were you when you were dropped on your head?

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
                        JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
                        Member #141034
                        April 2, 2013
                        1419 Posts
                        Posted: September 25, 2013, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

For the simple fact that the odds are freaking astronomical, but you already know that. Good luck if you can it once in your lifetime.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
                          Rochester
                          United States
                          Member #103282
                          January 1, 2011
                          606 Posts
                          Posted: September 28, 2013, 7:57 am - IP Logged

People have won the lotteries more than once, there are many stories. Go online and search it. One woman I believe from Jersey won the lottory twice and today she is broke living in a trailer. Her reason for being broke as she claims, is she could never say NO to people borrowing, plus I guess she gambled a lot.Bash

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile

United States
                            Member #128790
                            June 2, 2012
                            5431 Posts
                            Posted: September 28, 2013, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

People have won the lotteries more than once, there are many stories. Go online and search it. One woman I believe from Jersey won the lottory twice and today she is broke living in a trailer. Her reason for being broke as she claims, is she could never say NO to people borrowing, plus I guess she gambled a lot.Bash

Many stories? The word "many" is relative.

There may be a dozen or more who've won in the past ten years more than once, and any more than a dozen were people who won at scratchers because they had the money to dump on large amounts of scratchers, but they didn't win another JP.

Lots of people on the net use the word JP too casually. I've heard the word JP used for a 200,000 scratch-off win, or even a million dollar scratch, but that is not the same as a multi-million dollar JP. Those lesser scratch-off winners get lumped into the same category as big JP winners and people get confused. It skews the numbers and makes the tally an erroneous one.

If you actually tally the people who win the JP games that have an estimate of 3 to 10 million, the numbers are high, considering a lot of states have a lotto draw twice a week. And since there's a winner just about every week, those winners add up quickly when you consider the 37 states that have lotteries.  So you basically have thousands of lottery winners in that ten year period, and a dozen or so who won twice. I wouldn't call that many.