Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 10:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

When Lottery ticket selling stores make a mistake on what you wanted...

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 3 years ago by dallascowboyfan.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
London
United Kingdom
Member #140684
March 24, 2013
566 Posts
Posted: September 25, 2013, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

Hey guys,

Not made a thread in a while but when I went to the store earlier I went to go buy 2 Euro tickets for the Friday draw because it's pretty big at the moment at around 55M so I went in the shop and it was a new guy who I had not seen before so I asked for 2 tickets and he gave me 3 tickets to the normal Lotto I just took them because it is only 1 Pound a line and not going to get the new guy in trouble in front of his boss by making mistakes and hey it could be a winner so I just asked for 2 Euro tickets after.

I guess he thought since it is Wednesday people want the normal Lotto since it's drawn today.

What do you guys do when Lottery sellers make mistakes do you make them take it back and get what you wanted or do you just take it incase it could be a winner?

2016 Won/Lost

EuroMillions / Spent: £22 / Won £0 / Total -£22

UK Lotto / Spent: £4 / Won: £0 / Total: -£4

2016 Total: -£24

Jan: -£22 Feb: £0 ~ Mar: £0 ~ April: £0 ~ May: £0 ~ June: £0 ~ July: £2

EuroMillions = £2 Line / Played: x11 [old price] 

EuroMillions = £2.50 Line / Played: x0

UK Lotto = £2 Line / Played x2

Kee12's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
    I rep CA
    Senegal
    Member #144812
    July 17, 2013
    76 Posts
    Posted: September 25, 2013, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

When it happened to us, we took it relunctantly with the same thought as yours that it maybe be a winner. We lived with that for 20 consecutive draws but it never happened other than 4 dollars out of 20.

I'd be a fool to surrender when I know I can be a contender...I C U when U get there - Coolio

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
      u$a
      United States
      Member #106665
      February 22, 2011
      19840 Posts
      Posted: September 25, 2013, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

Hey guys,

Not made a thread in a while but when I went to the store earlier I went to go buy 2 Euro tickets for the Friday draw because it's pretty big at the moment at around 55M so I went in the shop and it was a new guy who I had not seen before so I asked for 2 tickets and he gave me 3 tickets to the normal Lotto I just took them because it is only 1 Pound a line and not going to get the new guy in trouble in front of his boss by making mistakes and hey it could be a winner so I just asked for 2 Euro tickets after.

I guess he thought since it is Wednesday people want the normal Lotto since it's drawn today.

What do you guys do when Lottery sellers make mistakes do you make them take it back and get what you wanted or do you just take it incase it could be a winner?

hi JoshUK sorry that happen to you, yeah i have also taken them before like that for the same reason you said what if? but never won anything either, now not so much if they make the mistake they can cancel it real easy.

Good Luck on your tickets this week Smiley

Let it Snow Snowman

London
        United Kingdom
        Member #140684
        March 24, 2013
        566 Posts
        Posted: September 25, 2013, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the replies everyone, yeah it's the first mistake I have had I think and it wasn't expensive anyway plus they are changing the normal Lotto anyway so I guess I was happy to give it a last shot before it's gone.

Also I think it's a double or tripple roll over with the normal UK Lotto anyway so I will be happy with 6.5M GBP / 10M USD.

2016 Won/Lost

Kee12's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
          I rep CA
          Senegal
          Member #144812
          July 17, 2013
          76 Posts
          Posted: September 25, 2013, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

hi JoshUK sorry that happen to you, yeah i have also taken them before like that for the same reason you said what if? but never won anything either, now not so much if they make the mistake they can cancel it real easy.

Good Luck on your tickets this week Smiley

In our case, the clerk said it couldn't be canceled once it's in the machine.

I'd be a fool to surrender when I know I can be a contender...I C U when U get there - Coolio

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7311 Posts
            Posted: September 25, 2013, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

In our case, the clerk said it couldn't be canceled once it's in the machine.

That depends on who made the mistake and how big the mistake is because I'm not paying for 20 gallons of milk when I asked for 1. If you normally play every drawing, buy their mistake, but if it's just buying tickets for tonight's drawing and I wanted to spend the extra money, I'd spend it on tonight's drawing and I'll let them worry about their mistake of printing a ticket for multiple drawings.

It's really not all that uncommon for clerks to try to make it look like the customer is party responsible for the mistakes they make and some expect the customer to pay for the mistake by telling them the ticket can't be canceled. It works too, especially with lottery tickets because the customer knows they have more chances to win even though they are spending more money on lottery tickets than they planned on spending.

United States
              Member #143211
              May 27, 2013
              1979 Posts
              Posted: September 25, 2013, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

I take the mistake they made, true story years ago I went in a ny store to play my numbers I put three dollars on a number , the clerk made a mistake in the number ,  I was piss because this guy always kept doing these mistakes. Knowing I would take them .  At that time my father was dying of Cancer , I need the extra money for his pills , and other things.  Good thing I took that number because it came or that night.  1500  dollars help me out a lot.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19828 Posts
                Posted: September 25, 2013, 4:06 pm - IP Logged

I make out play slips and if the terminal prints something different than what was on the slip then I don't take it.  It's not my fault the terminal isn't working.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

London
                  United Kingdom
                  Member #140684
                  March 24, 2013
                  566 Posts
                  Posted: September 25, 2013, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

UK Lottery, why do you always fail me.

The mistake wasn't a lucky mistake. No Pity!

Good thing I bought a ticket for the Euro too, I was going to just forget the Euro but it is a big JP so I bite the bullet and got 2 for the Euro as planned.

2016 Won/Lost

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7311 Posts
                    Posted: September 25, 2013, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

I make out play slips and if the terminal prints something different than what was on the slip then I don't take it.  It's not my fault the terminal isn't working.

I Agree!

I'm guessing you and I have used play slips more often than most LP members and had more experiences with terminal mistakes. We're filing out 10 or 20 lines on a play slip because we want to play those 10 or 20 lines in tonight's drawing. And because we have experience, we know it's very likely we'll have to fill out another play slip for the next drawing with another 10 or 20 lines we want to play for that drawing. I'm not going to spend money from my lottery budget on lines of numbers I didn't want or ask for because a clerk or the terminal made a mistake.

Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
                      Rochester
                      United States
                      Member #103282
                      January 1, 2011
                      603 Posts
                      Posted: September 28, 2013, 7:54 am - IP Logged

If it's for a big game like you were playing, I will spend the extra buck. Also sometimes I will ask the clerk if there are any mistakes and purposely buy the mistake. I have won before on mistakes made by clerks. What's a buck more when your shooting for the big buck, win?Party

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile

Mr-Smith's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                        rekjavik
                        Iceland
                        Member #99537
                        October 27, 2010
                        177 Posts
                        Posted: September 28, 2013, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

UK Lottery, why do you always fail me.

The mistake wasn't a lucky mistake. No Pity!

Good thing I bought a ticket for the Euro too, I was going to just forget the Euro but it is a big JP so I bite the bullet and got 2 for the Euro as planned.

This is intersting..... The Vinking lotto winning numbers on the same Wed 25. (  2,5,19,28,33,46 )What?

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?Patriot

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                          adelaide sa
                          Australia
                          Member #37136
                          April 11, 2006
                          3300 Posts
                          Posted: September 28, 2013, 1:48 pm - IP Logged

i say i wont buy mistakes, and yes we can cancel them here. but its usually only for a small amount, and i have that " dont turn down a  mistaken  ticket " meme in my head, so i always think its going to be a winner. although if i was say going to buy $10 tonightm, and they buy 10 weeks of $1. i would be miffed.

also they  tell you the cost before you pay, so if i odered something that costs $5 , and it comes up $10 i wont pay if i want that extra $5 for some other thing.  but the mistake that still  equals the same amount i might not catch till i get  home, because i still dont check the tickets as i buy them lol

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Marana AZ
                            United States
                            Member #145341
                            August 3, 2013
                            178 Posts
                            Posted: September 28, 2013, 6:05 pm - IP Logged
                              dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                              Oklahoma
                              United States
                              Member #82391
                              November 12, 2009
                              6290 Posts
                              Posted: September 28, 2013, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

I never win on mistake tickets Bang Head but its hard to leave them lol

I Love Pink & Green 1908