Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 11:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Illinois - Northstar strikes again! Lotto machines.

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10351 Posts
Posted: September 28, 2013, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

In my town of the several lotto machines there is only one will take playslips. The rest are strictly scratchers and sometimes quick picks, if the draw game function for qp's is working (doesn't always).

So on the one functioning one I noticed today that Mega Millions with Megaplier has been replaced with Hit or Miss.

There are going to be a lot of people who are used to going to the last option on the draw game row of the machine to get a MM + Megaplier and see this. You can still get MM, but not MM + Megaplier.

I realize this might br temporary with the changes coming to MM but this Northstar group is really pimping for this Hit or Miss game and pimping for themselves and not doing much for the players.

Others in Illinois, same in your area?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4108 Posts
    Posted: September 28, 2013, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

In my town of the several lotto machines there is only one will take playslips. The rest are strictly scratchers and sometimes quick picks, if the draw game function for qp's is working (doesn't always).

So on the one functioning one I noticed today that Mega Millions with Megaplier has been replaced with Hit or Miss.

There are going to be a lot of people who are used to going to the last option on the draw game row of the machine to get a MM + Megaplier and see this. You can still get MM, but not MM + Megaplier.

I realize this might br temporary with the changes coming to MM but this Northstar group is really pimping for this Hit or Miss game and pimping for themselves and not doing much for the players.

Others in Illinois, same in your area?

Sure looks like serious pimping is going on there CT.
    Where would one lodge a complaint against this kind of practice anyway? I have seen some grocery outlets out here weeks on end not carrying playslips and have asked what's up- their response" we ran out", what kind of an answer is that?- refill the trough then.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10351 Posts
      Posted: September 28, 2013, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

Good question, noise-gate. Even prior to this Northstar group taking over although the capital is Springfield the lottery has always run out of Chicago (the dog barks in Chicago and wags its tail in Springfield, nothing south of that is recognized).

I wonder if a private entity running a state lottery could be charged with pandering!

PS,

Thanks for the 5*s.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.