Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I'm changing my playing style for a month

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 3 years ago by nsv314.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
IPlayWeekly's avatar - avatarmoney
Columbus, Ohio
United States
Member #128906
June 5, 2012
599 Posts
Posted: September 29, 2013, 11:38 am - IP Logged

After playing MM/PB for almost 2yrs, I'm going to spend a month buying my local state game (classic lotto) and not buying any MM/PB tickets.  The odds seem better for classic lotto even tho the prize levels for matching 5/6 is less.  It will be interesting to see the results at the end of the month.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4146 Posts
    Posted: September 29, 2013, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

After playing MM/PB for almost 2yrs, I'm going to spend a month buying my local state game (classic lotto) and not buying any MM/PB tickets.  The odds seem better for classic lotto even tho the prize levels for matching 5/6 is less.  It will be interesting to see the results at the end of the month.

I back you 100%. Gotta try new things and see how they pan out. Look forward to seeing your results in 30.

Party

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
      u$a
      United States
      Member #106665
      February 22, 2011
      19964 Posts
      Posted: September 29, 2013, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

I back you 100%. Gotta try new things and see how they pan out. Look forward to seeing your results in 30.

Party

I Agree!

Let it Snow Snowman

Columbus, Ohio
        United States
        Member #128906
        June 5, 2012
        599 Posts
        Posted: September 29, 2013, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

I just bought my lines for classic lotto... I did 1 line with my own numbers and 4 qps.  That's my strategy in every drawing (Mon, Wed, Sat) and the budget is $15 wk.  I will keep you guys posted with any results=)

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
          Happyland
          United States
          Member #146344
          September 1, 2013
          1131 Posts
          Posted: September 29, 2013, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

lol if I was in Ohio right now I would be playing Classic Lotto too.....our pick 6 odds are nearly twice as bad but our jackpots have only been 1/3rd yours.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
          If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
          P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19903 Posts
            Posted: September 29, 2013, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

I've been doing both for the whole year.  Back in February I matched 5of6 for $1500 in OCL which I predicted on the prediction board and just Saturday I matched 4of6 for $70 which I didn't get a chance to post on the prediction board.

I usually buy 10 tickets for all the games when I play.  I've played OCL most of the times since its jackpot was $16M+ and play MM any time its jackpot is $100M+ and PB when ever its jackpot is $250+ since its price went up.

My conclusions are all three games will nickle and dime you and for the most part you will win back over time 2-5% of your cost and as their overall odds of winning suggest MM and PB will be more steady with $3-5 wins while OCL will be slower with a few and far between 3of6 $2 wins with an occasional 4of6 $70 win.  Fact is I've come as close to winning a jackpot with my win in February of OCL as I ever had in any game and truth is I would be as happy winning a $20-50M annuity/$10-25M cash as winning a MM or PB jackpot.

So far I'm in the hole about $600 for the year plus I'll have a tax bill of ~$300 when I get my W-G for my OCL win.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Illinois
              United States
              Member #141461
              April 14, 2013
              61 Posts
              Posted: September 29, 2013, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

I.P.W.- I do the same thing, mixing up the play keeps the games fun and interesting.  I hope this works for you.  I bounce around games so much I wouldn't be surprised if the clerks think I have ADD or something!

Enjoy the games!

I remain, patiently optimistic

Columbus, Ohio
                United States
                Member #128906
                June 5, 2012
                599 Posts
                Posted: September 29, 2013, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

I've been doing both for the whole year.  Back in February I matched 5of6 for $1500 in OCL which I predicted on the prediction board and just Saturday I matched 4of6 for $70 which I didn't get a chance to post on the prediction board.

I usually buy 10 tickets for all the games when I play.  I've played OCL most of the times since its jackpot was $16M+ and play MM any time its jackpot is $100M+ and PB when ever its jackpot is $250+ since its price went up.

My conclusions are all three games will nickle and dime you and for the most part you will win back over time 2-5% of your cost and as their overall odds of winning suggest MM and PB will be more steady with $3-5 wins while OCL will be slower with a few and far between 3of6 $2 wins with an occasional 4of6 $70 win.  Fact is I've come as close to winning a jackpot with my win in February of OCL as I ever had in any game and truth is I would be as happy winning a $20-50M annuity/$10-25M cash as winning a MM or PB jackpot.

So far I'm in the hole about $600 for the year plus I'll have a tax bill of ~$300 when I get my W-G for my OCL win.

Thanks for the detailed info... I'm also trying to play smartly and trying to justify the money spent.  Your 5/6 hit was very close, I would have been screaming all over the place, lol.  My brother in law also hit 5/6 but he had to split it among his co workers.  All it takes is one good win, at least thats what I keep telling myself=)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19903 Posts
                  Posted: September 29, 2013, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the detailed info... I'm also trying to play smartly and trying to justify the money spent.  Your 5/6 hit was very close, I would have been screaming all over the place, lol.  My brother in law also hit 5/6 but he had to split it among his co workers.  All it takes is one good win, at least thats what I keep telling myself=)

Before I retired I played in a pool that matched 5of6 three times playing Super Lotto(6/49+1) which also paid $1500.  Splitting the prize wasn't so bad but then only a single person could claim the prize and they got the W-G and didn't know how much extra taxes they had to paid until they got their W-2 for the year.

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7344 Posts
                    Posted: September 29, 2013, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

Before I retired I played in a pool that matched 5of6 three times playing Super Lotto(6/49+1) which also paid $1500.  Splitting the prize wasn't so bad but then only a single person could claim the prize and they got the W-G and didn't know how much extra taxes they had to paid until they got their W-2 for the year.

I was in a 30 player pool where almost the same thing happened. Decided not to ask about the taxes when I was handed $50 which convinced me playing in that large of a pool was dumb idea.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19903 Posts
                      Posted: September 30, 2013, 12:14 am - IP Logged

I was in a 30 player pool where almost the same thing happened. Decided not to ask about the taxes when I was handed $50 which convinced me playing in that large of a pool was dumb idea.

I didn't mind being in a pool with co-workers but I always brought a ticket or two on my own.  Now that I'm not working, I enjoy playing on my own when ever I feel like it even more.

Evil Looking       

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                        Oklahoma
                        United States
                        Member #82391
                        November 12, 2009
                        6305 Posts
                        Posted: September 30, 2013, 5:08 am - IP Logged

I don't blame IPW if Oklahoma had a state lotto game I would be all over it Thumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                          Oklahoma
                          United States
                          Member #82391
                          November 12, 2009
                          6305 Posts
                          Posted: September 30, 2013, 5:09 am - IP Logged

I.P.W.- I do the same thing, mixing up the play keeps the games fun and interesting.  I hope this works for you.  I bounce around games so much I wouldn't be surprised if the clerks think I have ADD or something!

Enjoy the games!

Lol Green laugh

I Love Pink & Green 1908

LottoGuyBC's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                            British Columbia
                            Canada
                            Member #116101
                            September 4, 2011
                            4033 Posts
                            Posted: September 30, 2013, 11:04 am - IP Logged

Brand new month around the corner...time to change it up again Cheers

"You have to be in it to win it!"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                              mid-Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #9
                              March 24, 2001
                              19903 Posts
                              Posted: September 30, 2013, 11:04 am - IP Logged

I don't blame IPW if Oklahoma had a state lotto game I would be all over it Thumbs Up

Right now Ohio's Classic Lotto at $47M+ is attractive to more players than it was at $1M/$500K cash over a year ago.

Evil Looking