Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:43 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Furlough Government Shutdown and the Lottery

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 3 years ago by dallascowboyfan.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Japan
Member #131605
August 14, 2012
372 Posts
Posted: October 4, 2013, 6:24 am - IP Logged

Does any of this affect the lotteries?

Like in paying a winner? How about if someone chose annuity? Will they get a little less than what is 'promised'? Will the money(most or half) be used to pay for things even if it's a politicians salery(or even to pay government company/workers [backpay] ) as opposed to going to you the Jackpot winner?

Open Mind and Discuss

-Nabe ogasawara .... (guy who stands near corner store all time...he has wisdoms so it seems)

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
    Indiana
    United States
    Member #129225
    June 13, 2012
    546 Posts
    Posted: October 4, 2013, 6:58 am - IP Logged

Like in paying a winner? How about if someone chose annuity? Will they get a little less than what is 'promised'? Will the money(most or half) be used to pay for things even if it's a politicians salery(or even to pay government company/workers [backpay] ) as opposed to going to you the Jackpot winner?

Open Mind and Discuss

-Nabe ogasawara .... (guy who stands near corner store all time...he has wisdoms so it seems)

The lotteries are run by the state and not by the Federal Government.

United States
      Member #130815
      July 25, 2012
      1636 Posts
      Posted: October 4, 2013, 7:56 am - IP Logged

Im wondering if it will affect the amount of people who will play....With all the sh-- going on, it's almost a better bet gambling on the lottery than if you may collect your paycheck from the govt...My sister got tired of it and retired thisyear her last day with the Corp of Engineers was on Tues. the 1st...Right now i'd love to win and just retire on a jackpot.... cash value not annunity

Japan
        Member #131605
        August 14, 2012
        372 Posts
        Posted: October 5, 2013, 12:21 am - IP Logged

Indeed. I don't think it will affect the playing. I think a bit more people will throw in a dollar or two just for that chance.

No one else wanted to comment on this...interesting

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
          Member #121745
          January 16, 2012
          4788 Posts
          Posted: October 5, 2013, 9:02 am - IP Logged

A couple of coworkers and I were talking about this the other day. The only thing we could think of (remotely) was that if you were being audited by the IRS (relative to your winnings), then the audit might be delayed.

And if you buy your tickets during these crazy times in crazy DC, I would look over my surroundings at all times! Even the weather is crazy here.  90 degreees yesterday--a record.

J'aime La France.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
            Economy class
            Belgium
            Member #123700
            February 27, 2012
            4035 Posts
            Posted: October 5, 2013, 1:19 pm - IP Logged

"Am Anfang war das Shutdown! Am Ende gab es kein Spiel!"

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
              adelaide sa
              Australia
              Member #37136
              April 11, 2006
              3300 Posts
              Posted: October 5, 2013, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

maybe obama will take overr  the natioonal lotto,  and hand it over jp morgan to run,.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

United States
                Member #130815
                July 25, 2012
                1636 Posts
                Posted: October 5, 2013, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

maybe obama will take overr  the natioonal lotto,  and hand it over jp morgan to run,.

Nah the republicans would shut that down, then blame him if they had to lay off lottery workers and blocking the lottery veterans from their memorial LOL

United States
                  Member #124493
                  March 14, 2012
                  7023 Posts
                  Posted: October 15, 2013, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

Open Mind and Discuss

Firstly, this is a good question.

The kind of question that often gets overlooked by american media by the cost of kanye and kims babys crib.

I put the nabe ogasawara through the bing translator and I did not get a good response.

Does it really mean - "Wise drunk man who sees all at the corner store everyday?"

I have some interesting theoriesa about what this republican/democrat circus means, but I dont want to break the rules.

After all Lottery and Politics dont mix.Evil LookingRed DevilBig Grin Angel

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                    NY
                    United States
                    Member #121961
                    January 21, 2012
                    3157 Posts
                    Posted: October 16, 2013, 1:10 am - IP Logged

Open Mind and Discuss

It affects all lotterys if people can't play because their not getting paid.

United States
                      Member #124493
                      March 14, 2012
                      7023 Posts
                      Posted: October 16, 2013, 2:11 am - IP Logged

It affects all lotterys if people can't play because their not getting paid.

I agree with RedStang.

But I would like to emphasize a little.

It affects ALL lotterys if 350,000 people nationwide decide to cut back on lottery spending because they are NOT getting paid.

Also, if DC is not paying now,

Does that mean the other 50 states, will have to stop paying if they cant get money from the treasury after the deadline?

What if this tea party people cant get their tea bags out of their own asses fast enough to compromise? (These conservative are quite tight in their beliefs) 

Does that mean that the states will have to start issueing their own money, because the Federales dont want to own up to their reponsibilities?  (That might not be a bad idea since the states should use the money for good, and are not always striving to invent new fictional wars 24/7.)

What if Obama will not compromise, because his puppet masters never intended him to?

How will this global fictional money scam result if the scammers decide to play hardball?

My guess is a new and improved scam, from those trying to undermind the ORIGINAL scam.

The most logical consequence is for the states to assume the responsibility of the federal government by issuing 50 differnet currencies and saying STFU to the warmongering Federal Reserve.  Of course those creating the chaos probably are wanting order in the AMERO.  A NWO type currency, similar to the EURO.

If they default, I hope some of these republicans are correct in that "NOTHING" will happen.

If something bad happens, I prefer instead of firing 60% of congress, that 60% of congress should go to prison.

If something good happens, then these tea party conservatives  should be sanctified. Let them be the next FURHER or MESSIAH.

But that remains to be seen.   

This is some IMO some possibly Major Twilight Zone Sh!t. 

Or perhaps I am only supposed to be brainwashed into believing that its serious?

Who can you believe?

Frankly NOBODY!!!!

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                        Texas Panhandle
                        United States
                        Member #136843
                        December 20, 2012
                        1272 Posts
                        Posted: October 16, 2013, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

"After all Lottery and Politics dont mix."

I wish they wouldn't mix in Lottery Post; gets really old having to wade through the posts of partisan hacks.  I've been thinking about getting a premium membership just so I can block *some* people.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
                         - George Orwell

United States
                          Member #124493
                          March 14, 2012
                          7023 Posts
                          Posted: October 16, 2013, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

"After all Lottery and Politics dont mix."

I wish they wouldn't mix in Lottery Post; gets really old having to wade through the posts of partisan hacks.  I've been thinking about getting a premium membership just so I can block *some* people.

Yeah I have blocked some people.   I should block more.  Unfortunately for me I am always hoping there will be something of value posted.  Fool me once and twice and thrice it seems.

FYI a premium membership is more geared toward P3/P4 imo.  Since you are "thinking" about upgrading.  Just dont think too long. And consider your game.  A GH program is well suited to certain people playing "non-babygames"

A GH LP program with P3/P4 focus should be addressed. Especially for those who love babies and games.  GaGaGooGooJester Laugh

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                            Member #121745
                            January 16, 2012
                            4788 Posts
                            Posted: October 16, 2013, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

Yeah I have blocked some people.   I should block more.  Unfortunately for me I am always hoping there will be something of value posted.  Fool me once and twice and thrice it seems.

FYI a premium membership is more geared toward P3/P4 imo.  Since you are "thinking" about upgrading.  Just dont think too long. And consider your game.  A GH program is well suited to certain people playing "non-babygames"

A GH LP program with P3/P4 focus should be addressed. Especially for those who love babies and games.  GaGaGooGooJester Laugh

LB: are you trying to take over Ronnie's prior role as the neighborhood crank?  That is a slippery slope once you get on that track.  And it is Goo Goo Ga Ga.

Sometimes the most "valueless" post is the most entertaining.

J'aime La France.

United States
                              Member #124493
                              March 14, 2012
                              7023 Posts
                              Posted: October 16, 2013, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

LB: are you trying to take over Ronnie's prior role as the neighborhood crank?  That is a slippery slope once you get on that track.  And it is Goo Goo Ga Ga.

Sometimes the most "valueless" post is the most entertaining.

ShiftyBlue Thinking

How do you define VALUE?

Ronnies posts would always give me a good Chuckle.Green laugh

I would think there is some value in that.