Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Georgia Lottery Players see decline in winnings using Ihope Card

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 3 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Atlanta, GA
United States
Member #147584
October 6, 2013
1 Posts
Posted: October 6, 2013, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

Since the GA Lottery introduced the Ihope card to pay for your online tickets, players have seen a steady decline in their winnings. Lottery players were randomly surveyed across the state about whether their winnings have increased or declined since using the Ihope card? Many feel as though the GA Lottery has created a conspiracy to identify what numbers they are playing with their Ihope profile, thus, preventing their numbers from winning. Lottery officials were contacted about whether data could be provided on whether winnings have increased or decreased since introducing the Ihope card where players can receive their winnings up to $5000 automatically loaded on their Ihope card. The information provided was that no Ihope card holder throughout the state has had no more than $1000 loaded on their card. What are your thoughts, do you think the Ihope Card is conspiracy?

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
    Bay Area - California
    United States
    Member #136477
    December 12, 2012
    4107 Posts
    Posted: October 8, 2013, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

I don't know about this card you speak of, but there was a news report a couple of years ago that said Georgia or one of those States down there were major suckers for the lottery. Apparently they based their finding on the average income of people against dollars spent on playing the game and came away with the notion that they were living in a pipe dream.
    Could have been the WSJ, Forbes or other.
    Take it for what it's worth.

Duchess69's avatar - Lottery-051.jpg

United States
      Member #109074
      April 5, 2011
      3519 Posts
      Posted: October 8, 2013, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

I think the whole state of ga is a conspiracy lol ...but I really think that they should have allow you to play pick 3 and 4 and then go to other games.and I also found out that retailers don't want you with the cards either because it can cut their profits example nine times out of ten when people go out to buy lotto they buy other thing like chips ,sodas and cigarettes ...and I know for a fact that they are not allowing scratch off tickets with big payouts in certain locations they are not playing fair in ga at all.....

Keep smiling  keep Sun Smiley knowing you can't always count on me forsure that's what friends are for.....

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19825 Posts
        Posted: October 8, 2013, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

What information is the state getting with the Ihope cards that they couldn't get before?  It's more likely the people with those cards were always losers, they just didn't track their loses as close before they got the cards.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking