Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you be willing to never play the lottery again?

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 3 years ago by grwurston.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
TnTicketlosers's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg

United States
Member #71120
February 19, 2009
1209 Posts
Posted: October 8, 2013, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

Yes I would be so willing not to play again,,,why because of where I live.You know you will never win anything so why bother..It's a joke....

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
    Massachusetts
    United States
    Member #37433
    April 14, 2006
    2747 Posts
    Posted: October 8, 2013, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

Would you be willing to never play the lottery again if you could have back everything you ever put in? 
    Just curious how many would walk away, or still wait for lady luck?

NO. I have put in peanuts compared to what I stand to win.

Though if I had foresight back when I started I would have avoided scratch tickets completely and also ignored the big games. I am warming up the the idea of playing only 6/49 and 5/35 kind of games, especially the latter since it has a winner every other day.

That money's gone fo ever

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: October 8, 2013, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

NO. I have put in peanuts compared to what I stand to win.

Though if I had foresight back when I started I would have avoided scratch tickets completely and also ignored the big games. I am warming up the the idea of playing only 6/49 and 5/35 kind of games, especially the latter since it has a winner every other day.

It's harder to win the jackpot of those state 6/49 games than their odds would suggest plus the overall odds of winning something are a lot harder than the big jackpots multi-state games which discourages a lot of players. 

For example, Ohio's Classic Lotto commonly goes over a year and a half  without a jackpot winner and the overall odds of winning something are worst than one in fifty and it's usually only $2.

I've been lucky, so far this year I've matched 5of6 and 4of6 once each along with a few $2 wins which is a lot better than I've done playing the big games.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
        Massachusetts
        United States
        Member #37433
        April 14, 2006
        2747 Posts
        Posted: October 8, 2013, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

It's harder to win the jackpot of those state 6/49 games than their odds would suggest plus the overall odds of winning something are a lot harder than the big jackpots multi-state games which discourages a lot of players. 

For example, Ohio's Classic Lotto commonly goes over a year and a half  without a jackpot winner and the overall odds of winning something are worst than one in fifty and it's usually only $2.

I've been lucky, so far this year I've matched 5of6 and 4of6 once each along with a few $2 wins which is a lot better than I've done playing the big games.

I would be as ecstatic as a mad man who just farted at the super market if I ever matched 5 of 6. My biggest win is $150 back in 2009 for matching 4 of 5 on MM. I have played for almost 10 years! If I had matched 4 of 5 in the local 5/35 game I would have won $250. 

That money's gone fo ever

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19831 Posts
          Posted: October 8, 2013, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

I would be as ecstatic as a mad man who just farted at the super market if I ever matched 5 of 6. My biggest win is $150 back in 2009 for matching 4 of 5 on MM. I have played for almost 10 years! If I had matched 4 of 5 in the local 5/35 game I would have won $250. 

Ohio has Rolling Cash5(5/39) which starts out at $100K and has rolled to over $500K.  The only problem is it's has a daily drawing and playing everyday is more work than I care to do.  I like doing a work-out to come up with my combinations which can take a little time to do and that works best for games with only 2-3 drawings a week.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: October 9, 2013, 5:50 am - IP Logged

That would be like looking at the fork in the road and asking " Do l go left or right?" Do l take the Red or Green pill?
            Ultimately living with regrets is not living at all. Play the game, win or lose- its the thrill of the hunt.

* Ever  heard a fisherman bemoan not catching any fish on any day out on the water?. Ever wonder why?

"That would be like looking at the fork in the road and asking " Do l go left or right?""

Take the one less traveled.

That'll make all the difference.

grwurston's avatar - 144
              Let's Go Rangers!!!
              bel air maryland
              United States
              Member #90251
              April 24, 2010
              4879 Posts
              Posted: October 9, 2013, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

That would be like looking at the fork in the road and asking " Do l go left or right?" Do l take the Red or Green pill?
              Ultimately living with regrets is not living at all. Play the game, win or lose- its the thrill of the hunt.

* Ever  heard a fisherman bemoan not catching any fish on any day out on the water?. Ever wonder why?

As Yogi Berra once said, "When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.