Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 6:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should you win either JP: would you prefer a weekday or weekend win?

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Andis.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4145 Posts
Posted: October 9, 2013, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

Some would say " Doesn't matter"- true, but given a choice what would it be?
Personally: Weekend,  why? - l have the next day or two to let it sink in, roll with it.
A weekday win created hiccups,  your colleagues wondering who it might be especially if its known that someone from the area won, you may have trouble keeping your mouth shut while huddled with the masses. Your thinking process may not be up to speed with the extra distraction adrenaline.
On the weekend it all good.You can actually call in sick Monday.Well how about them Apples?

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
    United States
    Member #112968
    June 29, 2011
    3857 Posts
    Posted: October 10, 2013, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

I would say "doesn't matter" I work weekends and I would call out rich...err... I mean sick anyway.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
      Texas Panhandle
      United States
      Member #136843
      December 20, 2012
      1385 Posts
      Posted: October 10, 2013, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

I started to reply to this last night but got sleepy.

I don't think it would matter, at least not to me.  It would take me a while to talk with a lawyer and accountant (actually several) , so the main thing I would worry about would be when to claim the JP.   I'd have to drive to Amarillo to get the ticket validated, then fly to Austin to claim the money.  A big worry would be if they'd release my name before I got a chance to get back home and "batten down the hatches", so to speak. Even if I left town after getting the money, I'd have to get an extra-large liability policy on my house & property, just in case someone stepped on a crack on my sidewalk, "hurt their back" and wanted to sue me for a million.  So many things to think about and do before getting the money: changing my telephone number, securing my house while I'm gone, updating my will, so many little things, not just the financial ones.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
        NY
        United States
        Member #121961
        January 21, 2012
        3159 Posts
        Posted: October 10, 2013, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

Weekend. I would'nt be able to sleep the first night.

United States
          Member #130815
          July 25, 2012
          1636 Posts
          Posted: October 10, 2013, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

Personally: Weekend,  why? - l have the next day or two to let it sink in, roll with it.
          A weekday win created hiccups,  your colleagues wondering who it might be especially if its known that someone from the area won, you may have trouble keeping your mouth shut while huddled with the masses. Your thinking process may not be up to speed with the extra distraction adrenaline.
          On the weekend it all good.You can actually call in sick Monday.Well how about them Apples?

Weekday of course unless it's a jackpot win...why?  Well unless it's a jackpot win I don't need time for it to sink in, I need to claim a win and cash a check..it will set in when Im spending the money...Jackpot win doesnt matter, it's going to take a few days to get your financial team in order anyways

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
            nashville
            United States
            Member #49896
            February 18, 2007
            1181 Posts
            Posted: October 10, 2013, 2:54 pm - IP Logged

Weekday

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
              Member #4877
              May 30, 2004
              5143 Posts
              Posted: October 10, 2013, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

NG:

Psyko say "Doesn't matter 2 me">>>>>>>>>>cause got it planned 4 when I hit multi-million JACKPOT!!!!

Just play IT and don't git pushed  around>B>SMART>OBSERVE>stay KOOL>>>>DON't act like a FOOL!!!!!

Step one:

Psyko would wrap my head w/bandages leaving eye holes>nose holes & small mouth & ear holes   O^O

Psyko would spread the word about my BIG ACCIDENT on D psykocycle & how had 2 run off D road so I

could AVOID HITTING A SMALL CHILD crossing D road chasing their BALL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!

Step two:

Start financial planner interviewing>>>>>>>go 2 their office>>(HIT their office bout 4:30 PM) tell them U

have $100,000,000 2 invest>>>>>>>>>>>>git 2 know him R her then suggest UR getting THIRSTY>>>!

HANG>N>DARE & see if D word has gotten round D office that they may have a HIGH ROLLER ND

office and who would like 2 entertain this pur rich dumb PsykoCycle fool who wrecked bike 2 save a KID!

Step three:

may...............continue this perfect plan.............later. BUT can't give AWAY>>>2>>>>much @ this POINT!

Big Grin Angel  Jack-in-the-Box   Big Grin Angel

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10390 Posts
                Posted: October 10, 2013, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

Even numbered weekday in a month which has a r in it which is the first day (night actually) of a full moon.

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                  Member #121745
                  January 16, 2012
                  4960 Posts
                  Posted: October 10, 2013, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

The weekend.  I need a day to recover,make plans to rearange the work schedule during the week to meet with the "experts" and still act normal at work.

J'aime La France.

grwurston's avatar - 144
                    Let's Go Rangers!!!
                    bel air maryland
                    United States
                    Member #90251
                    April 24, 2010
                    5111 Posts
                    Posted: October 10, 2013, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

If you were going to win a jackpot, you would turn it down because it wasn't on your day of choice? Are you kidding me?

This is a once in a lifetime event. I couldn't care less what day of the week I hit it on. I'll deal with it.  Cheers    Besides,

no one would know until I got the check. And very few after that. I can keep my mouth shut.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7343 Posts
                      Posted: October 10, 2013, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

Not sure the exact percentage, but it has to be at least 99.9993% of all lottery players will never win a life changing jackpot. If the "knowledgeable" players on LP are discussing "which day would you prefer to win", what are they discussing on the "lottery for dummies", sites?

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                        Member #121745
                        January 16, 2012
                        4960 Posts
                        Posted: October 10, 2013, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

It is a hypothetical....the ideal situation. No one would turn it down if it fell on the "wrong" day.

J'aime La France.

United States
                          Member #128790
                          June 2, 2012
                          5431 Posts
                          Posted: October 10, 2013, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

Not sure the exact percentage, but it has to be at least 99.9993% of all lottery players will never win a life changing jackpot. If the "knowledgeable" players on LP are discussing "which day would you prefer to win", what are they discussing on the "lottery for dummies", sites?

Some of these threads are just rediculous.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19900 Posts
                            Posted: October 11, 2013, 6:53 am - IP Logged

Odds for PB/MM of 1÷175,000,000=0.000000006 and (6/49)1÷14,000,000=0.000000071 average out to 0.000000038  minus 100% would be 99.99999996% of the lines played will never match all the winning numbers.  Assuming the average player buys five lines............ well you get my point. 

In spite of those odds of ever winning, quite a few players are thinking more about how to avoid paying taxes if they win than how to win.  I guess they figure winning is easy, the hard part is paying the taxes.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Illinois
                              United States
                              Member #141461
                              April 14, 2013
                              61 Posts
                              Posted: October 11, 2013, 7:45 am - IP Logged

I'd be tickled either way so it doesn't matter.  Setting things in order will take more than a couple of days so the one or two days of a weekend wouldn't matter.  The hard part would be finding a team of advisors I'm comfortable with and that process is likely to take a few weeks.

I remain, patiently optimistic