Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Major US airports with retailers ?

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Genome.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Left Coast
United States
Member #122298
January 28, 2012
125 Posts
Posted: October 11, 2013, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,
I travel a moderate amount for work -- maybe 12 to 15 trips a year. I like to buy advanced play tickets for PB and MM when I am on the road. (Hey, what better way to win a prize discretely than by having the ticket purchased 3000 miles away and six weeks ago? Though I will have mixed emotions when I win a few bucks and I'm across the country.)

Has anyone seen a list major US airports where you can buy tickets? Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere on LP.

Here's a short list from what I have seen over the last few years. Any updates on these? Additions to the list?

Atlanta - inside terminals (directory says one outside, too)
Chicago O'Hare- inside
Denver - inside
Detroit - inside & outside
Minneapolis - inside
Portland OR - outside

Inside vs outside refers to whether they are passed security or not -- the difference between being able to play while on a layover or not. Based on my travel only, no additional research.

United States
    Member #141260
    April 9, 2013
    1390 Posts
    Posted: October 11, 2013, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

Chicago midway. Outside

United States
      Member #130815
      July 25, 2012
      1636 Posts
      Posted: October 11, 2013, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

That one guy woh won the Va. state lottery I hink his name was Dave Honeywell or hollowell...Anyway he bought it at the airport....I forgot which one though...Norfolk I think...

Left Coast
        United States
        Member #122298
        January 28, 2012
        125 Posts
        Posted: October 12, 2013, 11:27 am - IP Logged

That one guy woh won the Va. state lottery I hink his name was Dave Honeywell or hollowell...Anyway he bought it at the airport....I forgot which one though...Norfolk I think...

Hey B2B, thanks for the tip. I looked it up. It was February 2013 at a Virginia Lottery self-serve kiosk at the Richmond International Airport. (Couldn't tell if it was inside or outside.)
        Thanks. I used to frequent the Richmond and Dulles airports.

Toney725's avatar - speedykat
          Stone Mountain, GA
          United States
          Member #3189
          January 1, 2004
          28242 Posts
          Posted: October 14, 2013, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,
          I travel a moderate amount for work -- maybe 12 to 15 trips a year. I like to buy advanced play tickets for PB and MM when I am on the road. (Hey, what better way to win a prize discretely than by having the ticket purchased 3000 miles away and six weeks ago? Though I will have mixed emotions when I win a few bucks and I'm across the country.)

Has anyone seen a list major US airports where you can buy tickets? Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere on LP.

Here's a short list from what I have seen over the last few years. Any updates on these? Additions to the list?

Atlanta - inside terminals (directory says one outside, too)
          Chicago O'Hare- inside
          Denver - inside
          Detroit - inside & outside
          Minneapolis - inside
          Portland OR - outside

Inside vs outside refers to whether they are passed security or not -- the difference between being able to play while on a layover or not. Based on my travel only, no additional research.

Never seen one inside security at Atlanta.  There is one by baggage claim which would be outside security check.

United States
            Member #142625
            May 16, 2013
            34 Posts
            Posted: October 15, 2013, 6:42 am - IP Logged

BWI (Baltimore) has the self service machines and the news stand (INSIDE) is a retailer.
            Bwi has had few winners like $250, 000 mega millions winner.

Left Coast
              United States
              Member #122298
              January 28, 2012
              125 Posts
              Posted: October 15, 2013, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

Never seen one inside security at Atlanta.  There is one by baggage claim which would be outside security check.

The ATL inside one is really hard to find. I was there in the last two weeks and had to ask someone who worked at the airport about it.

There is a lottery terminal at the bar in a restaurant in Concourse E (farthest concourse from parking & ticketing). I think it is called Journey's or Sojourners' or something. There is no Georgia Lottery branding or anything... just the electronic scrolling sign with the current jackpots. You really have to look for it.

Have no idea how long it will last. They seem to come and go.

And thanks for the confirmation on the outside one! I was pretty sure there was one, but appreciate the eyewitness account.

Left Coast
                United States
                Member #122298
                January 28, 2012
                125 Posts
                Posted: October 15, 2013, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

BWI (Baltimore) has the self service machines and the news stand (INSIDE) is a retailer.
                Bwi has had few winners like $250, 000 mega millions winner.

Thanks for the tip! I'll add BWI to the list at some point. And bonus points for a place with anonymity-friendly policies for claiming prizes.

Sacramento, CA
                  United States
                  Member #142454
                  May 12, 2013
                  66 Posts
                  Posted: October 15, 2013, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

Indianapolis has a HoosierLotto stand in the food court you go through to get to security.

CowboysFan's avatar - Cowboys
                    Sunny California
                    United States
                    Member #63790
                    August 8, 2008
                    220 Posts
                    Posted: October 19, 2013, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

Sea-Tac airport in Washington

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                      Oklahoma
                      United States
                      Member #82391
                      November 12, 2009
                      6290 Posts
                      Posted: October 19, 2013, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

Dallas/ Ft Worth but I can't remember the location Bang Head

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Massachusetts
                        United States
                        Member #78798
                        August 21, 2009
                        336 Posts
                        Posted: October 22, 2013, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

Logan Airport in Boston, MA has lottery machines there. I only seen 2 though in different parts. I don't know if they have more. In those machines you can buy scratch tickets and the online games and it accepts the playslips too. I like those new machines the Massachusetts lottery has.