Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 6:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

lottery people who play 4 living

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 3 years ago by mikeintexas.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
frontenac, kansas
United States
Member #67724
December 3, 2008
199 Posts
Posted: October 13, 2013, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

"I dont really think getting the PB number correct is worth 1 acre or half a mule."

Maybe not in NYC, but around here an acre can be had for less than $50K, I have no idea what a mule goes for.

I bet ya ole ridg would know....he probably has a few in his back yard fertlizing the grass. Big Grin

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
    Texas Panhandle
    United States
    Member #136843
    December 20, 2012
    1285 Posts
    Posted: October 13, 2013, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

hmmmm no one seems to get this reference. In grade school history, one learns that Union general Sherman issued an order promising slaves 40 acres and a mule if they joined the army (towards the end of the war) and it was an attempt at reparations for slavery.

I got it, and thought it was funny.

There's a few acres just outside the city limits here where people keep horses, pigs, chickens, goats and mules.  I used to go by the grocery store and get some culled apples from the produce mgr. and take them out to feed some of the mules and take photos.  I grew very fond of most of them, they each had a distinct personality and started recognizing me when I drove up, running up to the fence and braying at me.   If I ever win the lottery, I'm going to buy a little bit of land and besides dogs, cats and chickens, I'm going to have a mule or two.   I've read they're really low-maintenance, less so than horses.

I opened up another tab in my browser and saw some mules for sale here in Texas for anywhere from $400 to $6,000 for a matching pair trained to pull a wagon.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
      Member #121745
      January 16, 2012
      4808 Posts
      Posted: October 13, 2013, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

I got it, and thought it was funny.

There's a few acres just outside the city limits here where people keep horses, pigs, chickens, goats and mules.  I used to go by the grocery store and get some culled apples from the produce mgr. and take them out to feed some of the mules and take photos.  I grew very fond of most of them, they each had a distinct personality and started recognizing me when I drove up, running up to the fence and braying at me.   If I ever win the lottery, I'm going to buy a little bit of land and besides dogs, cats and chickens, I'm going to have a mule or two.   I've read they're really low-maintenance, less so than horses.

I opened up another tab in my browser and saw some mules for sale here in Texas for anywhere from $400 to $6,000 for a matching pair trained to pull a wagon.

Thanks Mike.  awwwwww Mules have cute faces I think. Has to be easier than a horse. There are some movies from the 1940's about Francis the mule.

J'aime La France.

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
        Texas Panhandle
        United States
        Member #136843
        December 20, 2012
        1285 Posts
        Posted: October 13, 2013, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Mike.  awwwwww Mules have cute faces I think. Has to be easier than a horse. There are some movies from the 1940's about Francis the mule.

After looking at the ads a little closer, that six thousand bucks f/ the matching pair was also f/the wagon, harness and all the other stuff.  Mules need a different saddle than do horses but they also live longer.  I've read that some people have had mules that lived to 40 y.o. and were still riding some of them at 30. 

I remember those movies, along w/ others from that era, Ma and Pa Kettle, Andy Hardy, etc.   They were standard Sat. afternoon fare when I was growing up -my folks used to laugh and told me the flicks were older than they were, hard for a kid to believe!  My cable co., CableOne, recently had a dispute w/ Turner and now we don't have any of their channels;  I can live w/out most of them but I'm sure missing TCM, the classic movie channel.  It's also hard for me to believe that I went to the theater and saw quite a few of those "old" movies.