Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 9:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Results Backup for DTV customers

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 3 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ToJo76*'s avatar - lottolion2
Middle GA
United States
Member #42874
July 9, 2006
3912 Posts
Posted: October 15, 2013, 9:24 am - IP Logged

I have Direct TV and JUST noticed this feature yesterday so I may be late.  When you press the ACTIVE button, it will bring up the local weather and options to view the daily horoscope and lottery results.  I am not sure how fast the lottery results are posted because I forgot to check it yesterday until last night.  But this is may be a nice little feature for the times when you may not be at your computer on LP or have access to the LP lottery results on your phone, yet you are watching TV! OR if you're like me and miss the Evening Cash 4 and wake up in the middle of the night wanting to know the number without turning the computer on.

Today I will try to make a note of how fast the numbers are updated after the draw to see if it's worth using.

Happily embracing my abundance daily! Big Smile

United States
    Member #130815
    July 25, 2012
    1636 Posts
    Posted: October 15, 2013, 9:45 am - IP Logged

I have Direct TV and JUST noticed this feature yesterday so I may be late.  When you press the ACTIVE button, it will bring up the local weather and options to view the daily horoscope and lottery results.  I am not sure how fast the lottery results are posted because I forgot to check it yesterday until last night.  But this is may be a nice little feature for the times when you may not be at your computer on LP or have access to the LP lottery results on your phone, yet you are watching TV! OR if you're like me and miss the Evening Cash 4 and wake up in the middle of the night wanting to know the number without turning the computer on.

Today I will try to make a note of how fast the numbers are updated after the draw to see if it's worth using.

Yeah when I first got Direct a couple years ago the guy who set it up showed me, cause my internet wasnt hooked up yet, but I think it is updated when they are posted on the website, the numbers that is, but I havent used it in a couple years LOL...I get the weather on my phone and my lotto numbers now so I dont ever use the direct active button anymore

ToJo76*'s avatar - lottolion2
      Middle GA
      United States
      Member #42874
      July 9, 2006
      3912 Posts
      Posted: October 16, 2013, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

Yeah when I first got Direct a couple years ago the guy who set it up showed me, cause my internet wasnt hooked up yet, but I think it is updated when they are posted on the website, the numbers that is, but I havent used it in a couple years LOL...I get the weather on my phone and my lotto numbers now so I dont ever use the direct active button anymore

Wow ok.  I've been with them for a year and I just happened to see a message about it the other day.  Doesn't mean they haven't tried to tell me about it before, but...it finally caught my attention!

Happily embracing my abundance daily! Big Smile

sookie's avatar - nw femalewiz.jpg

United States
        Member #142686
        May 17, 2013
        94 Posts
        Posted: October 16, 2013, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

Never knew that just checked it and its there, very cool! Thanks!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: November 12, 2013, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

Don't put a lotta faith in it.

I stopped using it after catching wrong numbers posted a couple of times and getting tired of having to wait an eternity for them to post the new numbers.

This was a few years ago though so I guess it's possible they might have gotten better since then.

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
            East of Columbus, OH
            United States
            Member #120843
            December 28, 2011
            451 Posts
            Posted: November 13, 2013, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

Directv customers, check out channel 375.  The Al Jazeera network.  How great it is that the al-quaida have a channel to express their views in American households. 

I cancelled my Directv because of the Al Jazeera network.  Been with them since 1998.  Loved my NFL Sunday ticket.  It's been quite a change, but the Roku is cheaper even with subscriptions to Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Prime.

I know that there will be people say that I don't have to watch that channel, and I never did.  But my monthy payment (over $100/mo) was being used to pay for anti-American propaganda?  Nope.  Not any more.

Just thought you might want to know as Directv never did a publicity campaign to let its customers know that they were adding it. 

It's on Dish Network as well, I don't know the channel number.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: November 13, 2013, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

Directv customers, check out channel 375.  The Al Jazeera network.  How great it is that the al-quaida have a channel to express their views in American households. 

I cancelled my Directv because of the Al Jazeera network.  Been with them since 1998.  Loved my NFL Sunday ticket.  It's been quite a change, but the Roku is cheaper even with subscriptions to Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon Prime.

I know that there will be people say that I don't have to watch that channel, and I never did.  But my monthy payment (over $100/mo) was being used to pay for anti-American propaganda?  Nope.  Not any more.

Just thought you might want to know as Directv never did a publicity campaign to let its customers know that they were adding it. 

It's on Dish Network as well, I don't know the channel number.

Thanks for the headsup, NightStalker.

I don't wanna support them idiots.

I'll be checking out my options.

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
                East of Columbus, OH
                United States
                Member #120843
                December 28, 2011
                451 Posts
                Posted: November 14, 2013, 8:05 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the headsup, NightStalker.

I don't wanna support them idiots.

I'll be checking out my options.

Glad I could help. 

We have two Rokus now in the house.  We just had to make sure we had enough internet bandwidth to support them.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: November 14, 2013, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

Glad I could help. 

We have two Rokus now in the house.  We just had to make sure we had enough internet bandwidth to support them.

I don't know what that is but I'm gonna find out, thanks.