Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's Your Lottery Superstition

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
TooTallLuke's avatar - img 8jc7G2.jpg
Ontario
Canada
Member #137286
December 31, 2012
93 Posts
Posted: October 21, 2013, 7:39 am - IP Logged

I don't know if I would actually call this a superstition, but every couple of months or so the thought comes to me that I need to collect any none winning lottery tickets that I have around the house, go to the store, use the scanner to double check them and throw them out before the next draw.

As well, I'm sure everyone who has a regular set on numbers they play has the superstition that if they forget to play, their numbers will come up.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
    Member #4877
    May 30, 2004
    5124 Posts
    Posted: October 21, 2013, 9:41 am - IP Logged

Party$$$Jack-in-the-Box$$$ Party

DanceLottery Post "MY" SuperstationDance

Hurray! Drum Hurray!

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
      Massachusetts
      United States
      Member #37433
      April 14, 2006
      2747 Posts
      Posted: October 21, 2013, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

I don't know if I would actually call this a superstition, but every couple of months or so the thought comes to me that I need to collect any none winning lottery tickets that I have around the house, go to the store, use the scanner to double check them and throw them out before the next draw.

As well, I'm sure everyone who has a regular set on numbers they play has the superstition that if they forget to play, their numbers will come up.

What you have posted seems more like a weird habit than a superstition. My weird habit as far as lottery is involved is to not check the drawn numbers on the night of the draw even if I am wide awake after the draw and using my computer (I use the internet to check lottery results). I like going to bed with the idea that I could be a winner. 

My lottery superstition is that I would definitely lose if I chose a spread like the one that was just drawn. For example, if MM draws a spread with all high numbers such as 33, 37, 44, 53, 55 (44) then the next draw cannot have all high numbers. So I usually try to choose a different spread after looking at the last spread drawn.  I know its silly because the same combo can fall exactly the same. Superstitions are silly like that LOL

That money's gone fo ever

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
        Texas Panhandle
        United States
        Member #136843
        December 20, 2012
        1285 Posts
        Posted: October 21, 2013, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

My only superstition is if I get a QP and the multiplier is the same as one of the other numbers, I buy another ticket.  I do that even though I've won a few bucks by getting just the multiplier, the 1+1 or 2+1 in that very case.   I wouldn't consider myself superstitious otherwise;  I have a black cat, pick up pennies that are tails up and have a ladder propped up by the side of my garage I walk under all the time w/out giving it a thought.  I WILL do the "knock on wood" thing, but I rap the top of my head when I say it. Wink

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
         - George Orwell

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10354 Posts
          Posted: October 21, 2013, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

Whenever I play advanced play someone wins the jackpot on the first draw of that ticket so the next draw the ticket is good for goes back to the starting point for the jackpot.

Not that $100,000 for a Pick 5 isn't a nice score, but when you play and it's $500,000 this draw and $100,000 the next, it's kind of a whammy.

Bang Head

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5124 Posts
            Posted: October 21, 2013, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

Party$$$Jack-in-the-Box$$$ Party

DanceLottery Post "MY" SuperstationDance

Hurray! Drum Hurray!

LP>>>>>>>>>>>>MEMBER'SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR'AAAAAAAAAAAAFAN"sssssssss

IF>>>>>UR>>>>>AAAAAAAfanAAAAAAAAAAAAAfanAAAAAAAAAAFANAAA of WINNING MONEY??????????

WHY<<<UR not<<AAAAAAAthinkAAAAAAAAAAAAforAAAAAAAAAAAUR<<<SELF>>>"R">>"U" bored?????

DON't GIT bored w/UR loss<<<<<<<GIT>EVEN^^^^^^^^!!!!!

Jack-in-the-Box 

United States
              Member #4877
              May 30, 2004
              5124 Posts
              Posted: November 6, 2013, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

TTL:

Superstition is like "FEAR" U won't PLEASE!

BUTT free SPEECH "FEAR" NOT>>! "please"

let me WIN >>>> "MILLION$">2>set/FREE

PLEASE>>>LOTTERY POST>>>don't crater

don't FALL< LOTTERY POST<<<N>A>HOLE

don't B so anal 2UR "BIG" influence>>>>>>>>>>>>don't sell OUT>>>>>>>>>SO>"QUICK" 2A "HOLE" o!o

luckyshoes's avatar - butterfly neg.jpg
                Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #79502
                September 2, 2009
                6396 Posts
                Posted: November 6, 2013, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

My superstition.....if I buy a winning scratch-off-I cannot cash it in at the same store. I have to go to a different location.

Surely the most important news of any day ...

is that the sun has risen one more time. Sun Smiley

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: November 6, 2013, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

I always think that if I get a b*tchy or incompetent clerk, they're gonna put their b*tchy, incompetent, negative vibes on my tickets and prevent a jackpot win.

And so far I've been right.

I like everything to go professionally, competently and smoothly in the ticket buying process.

And in a friendly tone and atmosphere.

And if possible, for the clerk to be a lil' sweet thang who calls me Darlin'.

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                    Texas Panhandle
                    United States
                    Member #136843
                    December 20, 2012
                    1285 Posts
                    Posted: November 6, 2013, 10:09 pm - IP Logged

My only superstition is if I get a QP and the multiplier is the same as one of the other numbers, I buy another ticket.  I do that even though I've won a few bucks by getting just the multiplier, the 1+1 or 2+1 in that very case.   I wouldn't consider myself superstitious otherwise;  I have a black cat, pick up pennies that are tails up and have a ladder propped up by the side of my garage I walk under all the time w/out giving it a thought.  I WILL do the "knock on wood" thing, but I rap the top of my head when I say it. Wink

Little late to edit this, but I meant the bonus ball, not the multiplier.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
                     - George Orwell

sully16's avatar - sharan
                      Ringleader
                      Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #81740
                      October 28, 2009
                      40611 Posts
                      Posted: November 7, 2013, 9:05 am - IP Logged

If I win, I keep using the same ink pen to fill out my slips.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

schmuckatelly's avatar - half planet.jpg
                        Jacksonville, Florida
                        United States
                        Member #140364
                        March 17, 2013
                        195 Posts
                        Posted: November 7, 2013, 9:59 am - IP Logged

I always think that if I get a b*tchy or incompetent clerk, they're gonna put their b*tchy, incompetent, negative vibes on my tickets and prevent a jackpot win.

And so far I've been right.

I like everything to go professionally, competently and smoothly in the ticket buying process.

And in a friendly tone and atmosphere.

And if possible, for the clerk to be a lil' sweet thang who calls me Darlin'.

I have one of those stores by me that I use.

Everything runs smooth with them

They are firendly and either call you by your name or call you honey.

The ladies that work there all have big boobs and either wear short shorts or tight jeans. The thick brunette one has a pretty smile and the sparkle in the eye. 

Might be why most of the customers are male. But it is a good luck store and have had a couple of high winners both on draw games and scratch off

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: November 7, 2013, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

The ladies that work there all have big boobs and either wear short shorts or tight jeans. The thick brunette one has a pretty smile and the sparkle in the eye. 

Might be why most of the customers are male. But it is a good luck store and have had a couple of high winners both on draw games and scratch off

"The ladies that work there all have big boobs..."

LOL  Many people consider those a sign of good luck...

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                            Member #121745
                            January 16, 2012
                            4806 Posts
                            Posted: November 7, 2013, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

Is there a time warp here? Do you have a filter?  I can see from where you get your LP name. I bet they love seeing an old boy like you with a beer gut hanging over his kmart pants...  On behalf of all women, you need to look at the date on the calendar. Who even says stuff like this anymore? Could you even marginalize women further?

J'aime La France.

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
                              Florida
                              United States
                              Member #61435
                              May 22, 2008
                              908 Posts
                              Posted: November 7, 2013, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

I stack my tickets by game in draw order (if drawn at the same time the bigger jacpot game goes on top) between several items I believe to be good luck charms.