Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 10:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you tell another lottery player...?

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Lucky Loser.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

There are no more top winning prizes left for the instant ticket someone just bought. Would you???

Tell them that there are no more winners. [ 9 ]  [39.13%]
Keep quiet because it's their money [ 5 ]  [21.74%]
Keep quiet because you don't want a confrontation [ 2 ]  [8.70%]
Keep quiet because it's their responsibility [ 7 ]  [30.43%]
Total Valid Votes [ 23 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
Tatototman65's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
Member #138729
February 4, 2013
2872 Posts
Posted: October 21, 2013, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

When you go online to check to see if there are anymore top prizes left to be won on an instant ticket and there are none left, do you tell the person who just bought those instant tickets (with no top prizes left)? Because I don't want a confrontation, I don't tell the person, but I feel that the right thing to do would to be to let them know so they could buy other instant tickets that still have big prizes left. What are your thoughts?

Smile

Want regulated Internet gaming in your state? Got 30 SECONDS to spare?
MI Residents ONLY (Time is running out; ACT NOW)-
Click me
Open to EVERYONE- Click me

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
    Member #4877
    May 30, 2004
    5121 Posts
    Posted: October 21, 2013, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

When you go online to check to see if there are anymore top prizes left to be won on an instant ticket and there are none left, do you tell the person who just bought those instant tickets (with no top prizes left)? Because I don't want a confrontation, I don't tell the person, but I feel that the right thing to do would to be to let them know so they could buy other instant tickets that still have big prizes left. What are your thoughts?

Smile

TTTT65:

Please give "A" psyko who is not "CRAZY"  likes 2 ASK what LP member's  think bout UR >>QUESTION???

Because psyko don't want a  NO CONFROMTATION, I don't tell the person, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!

LAWYER'sssssTRIX ur ASSet'$$$$psyko is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThudThinking of...Thud

tkr333's avatar - Lottery-058.jpg

United States
      Member #17209
      June 13, 2005
      609 Posts
      Posted: October 21, 2013, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

I knew a gentleman once that was addicted to the scratch off tickets. There was no big winners on the game he was scratching. I was told later he still kept scratching the same game till he had spent $3000 on the dead game.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10351 Posts
        Posted: October 21, 2013, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

I would tell them if they were about top buy such a ticket, but if they've already bought it would telling them do any good?

Well, maybe for next time so they wouldn't do what tkr333 just described.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
          Texas Panhandle
          United States
          Member #136843
          December 20, 2012
          1276 Posts
          Posted: October 21, 2013, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

I would tell them if they were about top buy such a ticket, but if they've already bought it would telling them do any good?

Well, maybe for next time so they wouldn't do what tkr333 just described.

That's how I feel and in fact, once told someone all the top prizes were gone on a game.  It was the Texas Lottery's Weekly Grand - it's the one I like to play and I try to keep up with the top prizes awarded - and they were standing right in front of me and I was looking through the rack of tickets to see if they had the newest one.  (I've seen two versions of that game for sale at retailers.)  Anyway...it wouldn't do much good to tell them after-the-fact, but I guess it would be courteous to let them know so they won't buy any more of them.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
           - George Orwell

Illinois
            United States
            Member #141461
            April 14, 2013
            61 Posts
            Posted: October 21, 2013, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

I wouldn't say anything but only because I know I make mistakes and I don't want make one there and have them think I'm scamming them or something.  I was buying one of the older games here that I know still had top prizes left and a clerk told me that there weren't any left at the top.  I still bought them and then double checked the State site and confirmed that indeed the game is not dead.  This was about 2 months ago and he has been gone for over a month.  I didn't say anything but I wouldn't be surprised if someone else did.  Karma, it'll getcha.

I remain, patiently optimistic

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19828 Posts
              Posted: October 22, 2013, 3:43 am - IP Logged

If the other lottery player was a friend I might share any information I had about the tickets he was buying but if I did know him/her I would just keep my nose out of their business.  I don't trust unsolicited information from strangers and I doubt a stranger would trust any unsolicited information from me.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

sully16's avatar - sharan
                Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                40497 Posts
                Posted: October 22, 2013, 8:37 am - IP Logged

I would just mind my own business.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                  Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #94283
                  July 17, 2010
                  2284 Posts
                  Posted: October 22, 2013, 9:52 am - IP Logged

In Idaho, retailers are instructed to pull a game when all top prizes are claimed.  I might tell the person and suggest they contact the lottery to let them know this retailer is still selling tickets.  I wonder if the lottery would refund their money in a case like that?

Don't other state lotteries have a policy of pulling games as soon as the good prizes are claimed?

United States
                    Member #130815
                    July 25, 2012
                    1636 Posts
                    Posted: October 22, 2013, 10:14 am - IP Logged

Smile

Well since you said they already bought the tickets would it really be a point because I dont believe you can get your money back on tickets you bought...no return policy on lotto tickets

London
                      United Kingdom
                      Member #140684
                      March 24, 2013
                      566 Posts
                      Posted: October 28, 2013, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

Don't play scratchers so never check the top prizes but I wouldn't imagine if someone was about to buy one and you said no there are no top prizes and someone walks in and goes that exact ticket please and they scratch it and get a 2nd or 3rd tier prize...

2016 Won/Lost

EuroMillions / Spent: £22 / Won £0 / Total -£22

UK Lotto / Spent: £4 / Won: £0 / Total: -£4

2016 Total: -£24

Jan: -£22 Feb: £0 ~ Mar: £0 ~ April: £0 ~ May: £0 ~ June: £0 ~ July: £2

EuroMillions = £2 Line / Played: x11 [old price] 

EuroMillions = £2.50 Line / Played: x0

UK Lotto = £2 Line / Played x2

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: October 28, 2013, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

Smile

I'd tell him there were no more big winners and then before he left I'd loudly tell the clerk to give me the ticket he was going to buy and I'd scratch it real fast and then start jumpin' up and down and screamin' and yellin' and doin' cartwheels and backflips all the way to my truck (well, maybe not the backflips).

United States
                          Member #4877
                          May 30, 2004
                          5121 Posts
                          Posted: October 29, 2013, 12:06 am - IP Logged

TTTT65:

Please give "A" psyko who is not "CRAZY"  likes 2 ASK what LP member's  think bout UR >>QUESTION???

Because psyko don't want a  NO CONFROMTATION, I don't tell the person, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!

LAWYER'sssssTRIX ur ASSet'$$$$psyko is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThudThinking of...Thud

PLEASE>>>>>>>>>>>give^^^^^^^^^^this>>>>>>>>PROFE$$ER>>>>>a>>>CLASSROOM^^TEACH???!

Hurray!if you like UR doctor>>>^^^^^^^^^KEEP>>>>>>>>PROFE$$ER>>>>DOCTOR>END UR<home>town>!

Bed??????????Bed

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                            Mcminnville, Oregon
                            United States
                            Member #3013
                            December 13, 2003
                            3052 Posts
                            Posted: October 29, 2013, 12:25 am - IP Logged

I like to play instant tickets once in awhile but when I get asked about lotto it is mainly small talk about the powerball or mega millions with my store clerks.  I would not give out advice on any lotto game to anyone because my record of winning anything is very fruitless and horrible.  So I shut up and keep to myself.-weshar75

US Flag

United States
                              Member #4877
                              May 30, 2004
                              5121 Posts
                              Posted: October 29, 2013, 12:37 am - IP Logged

Smile

tatoto>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>???????????????????????????????????????would uuuuuuuuuuuuutell??

YOU>tatoto<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<LOOK<<<<<<like<<<<<<<<<professor???RRRRR uuuuuuuuuuSMART??

can U>>>>>AFFORD<<<<<<<<<<<<(why U don't want'? dissission<<professorRRRRR uuuuuuuuuuSMART??

PEOPLE>>>should>>^^^^^^^^^^protect^^^^^^^^BLACK cat's>>professorRRRR>>nd>>oommddomm!

SPADE analimal's but^^^^ALL>>PEOPLE>>2013!

PumpkinThudHELP ThudPumpkin