Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does a JP winner from your State enhance your motivation to continue or not at all?

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 3 years ago by noise-gate.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4108 Posts
Posted: October 25, 2013, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps the Water-Cooler talk as of late had been " Its always That State that wins"- but if suddenly a fellow State residence bags the big one, do you say ".. well its about time" with a huge grin on your face. Maybe even thinking- " hey my gut feeling tells me ...l'm next!!

* Have a Great Weekend People.

** Those people who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

United States
    Member #124493
    March 14, 2012
    7023 Posts
    Posted: October 26, 2013, 12:01 am - IP Logged

Perhaps the Water-Cooler talk as of late had been " Its always That State that wins"- but if suddenly a fellow State residence bags the big one, do you say ".. well its about time" with a huge grin on your face. Maybe even thinking- " hey my gut feeling tells me ...l'm next!!

** Those people who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it- George Bernard Shaw.

Not really.

What motivates me to keep going is finding a way to consistently get most and all the winning numbers within a reasonable set of numbers with one correct power/key number.

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4108 Posts
      Posted: October 26, 2013, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

Not really.

What motivates me to keep going is finding a way to consistently get most and all the winning numbers within a reasonable set of numbers with one correct power/key number.

Good for you LB- l put this out there because when l read that my State had it's first PB winner the following day  l observed an elderly couple voice their opinion on being energized over that fact.
      Then last night 2nd place on the MM went to a winner from here as well. Things are looking up....l think.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
        Massachusetts
        United States
        Member #37433
        April 14, 2006
        2747 Posts
        Posted: October 26, 2013, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

I am not motivated more when locals hit the PB or MM because the odds are too astronomical to make me excited. I do have a teeny weeny amount of hope but it is not based on locals winning. It is based on the fact that I just need to be in it to win it. On Mass Cash (5/35) I am excited by locals winning. There is a winner every other day and that is enough to excite, no?

That money's gone fo ever

United States
          Member #130815
          July 25, 2012
          1636 Posts
          Posted: October 26, 2013, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

LOL Im the opposite...Im like arrrggghhhh why couldnt it have been me LOL

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
            Member #121745
            January 16, 2012
            4792 Posts
            Posted: October 26, 2013, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

Well sort of...I pay attention to the 2nd place prizes and my state goes on a roll on occasion so I make sure I play then and spend some extra time picking my numbers. Before that couple going through the Richmond airport won the big JP, VA had a big roll week after week on 2nd place finishes (might have been for both MM and PB). I always think in terms of winning the 2nd place win anyway.

J'aime La France.

United States
              Member #128790
              June 2, 2012
              5431 Posts
              Posted: October 26, 2013, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

No, because 99.9% of the people who play for a JP win won't win in their lifetime. Once you realize this, your next losing ticket won't be such a let down.

Bay Area - California
                United States
                Member #136477
                December 12, 2012
                4108 Posts
                Posted: October 26, 2013, 8:58 pm - IP Logged

No, because 99.9% of the people who play for a JP win won't win in their lifetime. Once you realize this, your next losing ticket won't be such a let down.

Good One Onlymoney.