Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 1:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

should i buy the rest of these scratch offs?

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 3 years ago by ekul420.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #139738
March 2, 2013
22 Posts
Posted: October 27, 2013, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

right down the street from me has tickets now, ive won $50 on their $10 and $20 tickets so far, round the beginning of both the rolls.. i figure thats probably the highest ticket in both rolls? theres only 2 tickets of each left.. both numbers #29 and #30.. should i risk $50 on buying the rolls out? what do you guys think? haha.. i play Maryland lottery.

United States
    Member #139738
    March 2, 2013
    22 Posts
    Posted: October 27, 2013, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

on the $20 tickets.. i got #1 which was $30, and #3 which was $50.. never bought anymore.. on the $10 tickets the $50 was around the beginning of the roll and lastnight on numbers 25 or 26 i won $15... not sure if it would just be stupid to spend $60 the rest of the tickets or not haha

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
      Oklahoma
      United States
      Member #82391
      November 12, 2009
      6305 Posts
      Posted: October 29, 2013, 5:50 am - IP Logged

on the $20 tickets.. i got #1 which was $30, and #3 which was $50.. never bought anymore.. on the $10 tickets the $50 was around the beginning of the roll and lastnight on numbers 25 or 26 i won $15... not sure if it would just be stupid to spend $60 the rest of the tickets or not haha

Congratulation on your win Thumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Olney, MD
        United States
        Member #121536
        January 11, 2012
        452 Posts
        Posted: October 29, 2013, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

right down the street from me has tickets now, ive won $50 on their $10 and $20 tickets so far, round the beginning of both the rolls.. i figure thats probably the highest ticket in both rolls? theres only 2 tickets of each left.. both numbers #29 and #30.. should i risk $50 on buying the rolls out? what do you guys think? haha.. i play Maryland lottery.

I would suggest not to do it but it's up to you.  I might be biased cause I have not had much luck in Maryland for some time.  Hopefully we will see some good winners soon.

elkton, maryland
          United States
          Member #85565
          January 18, 2010
          1028 Posts
          Posted: October 29, 2013, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

Where do you live in Maryland because most of the winners are sold in the Baltimore area.

How much did you spend on the small return?

Did you look on line to see what amounts are left?

It appears to me you are hooked on scratch offs.

No one knows where winners are but, chances are you will lose if you play long enough.

I know people that have purchased whole rolls and to this day have made little profit if any.

No major hits.

GL

United States
            Member #139738
            March 2, 2013
            22 Posts
            Posted: October 30, 2013, 10:11 am - IP Logged

i live in Cumberland.. yeah i read the news on the Maryland Lottery website like everyday lol.. and yes, im hooked on scratch offs, so? lol.. thanks for the helpful advice? geez man lol

basically was seeing if anyone has won $50 (or more) more then once on the same roll of tickets

MDGuy, i always see your posts on here, you have just as bad of luck as i do in Maryland.. its really bad lol.. i havent tried to play WV or PA lottery before, maybe i should consider it lol

Olney, MD
              United States
              Member #121536
              January 11, 2012
              452 Posts
              Posted: October 30, 2013, 10:50 am - IP Logged

i live in Cumberland.. yeah i read the news on the Maryland Lottery website like everyday lol.. and yes, im hooked on scratch offs, so? lol.. thanks for the helpful advice? geez man lol

basically was seeing if anyone has won $50 (or more) more then once on the same roll of tickets

MDGuy, i always see your posts on here, you have just as bad of luck as i do in Maryland.. its really bad lol.. i havent tried to play WV or PA lottery before, maybe i should consider it lol

Yeah I am considering quitting the scrach off tickets altogether.  I remember when I started in 2000 or 2001 the prizes were generally better.  Tickets paid out more and I remember smaller $ tickets like the $1 or $2 giving out more $20 and $50 wins. 

I might just play 5 Card Cash and Multi-Match. It's good that you have to wait for a drawing to find out if you won or not.  Also, you don't have to worry about the latex flakes getting everywhere you scratch tickets.

United States
                Member #139738
                March 2, 2013
                22 Posts
                Posted: October 30, 2013, 11:11 am - IP Logged

yeah i feel ya haha.. 5 card cash and mutli-match are fun.. i play the mega millions and powerball also.. scratch offs seem to be a complete waste of money.. 90 percent of the winners are in Baltimore, its kind of unfair lol.. ive experimented with buying rolls also.. $2 rolls.. i bought 1 of the $2 Hoards of Hundreds rolls for $300.. got back $230.. only lost $70, so i decided to get another roll of $2 tickets.. only got back $125.. seems impossible to win.. im looking for the middle prizes when i play $10 and $20 tickets, not the top prizes.. like 50, 10, 5, 1 thousand dollar winners and still cant hit anything.. most ive won on a scratch off is $500.. once on a $10 ticket, and once a month ago on a $5 ticket (the Tax Free ticket), im sure you've seen em around haha

elkton, maryland
                  United States
                  Member #85565
                  January 18, 2010
                  1028 Posts
                  Posted: October 30, 2013, 11:27 am - IP Logged

It is good to see Maryland people on line .Do any of you play the Pick-3/4 or is it just scratch offs. 711

GL

Olney, MD
                    United States
                    Member #121536
                    January 11, 2012
                    452 Posts
                    Posted: October 30, 2013, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

I used to play pick 3 and pick 4 very infrequently.  I only won one time on a $.50 Box for $40.  I get annoyed when people in front of me in line don't use a play slip for pick3/4 and will get like $30-$40 worth of numbers and hold up the line haha.

Yeah I know the $50,000 Tax Free ticket.  Did you win on 1 number for $500 or some numbers and the $50 bonus win?  I got that like once or twice with the cash stack.  All my best wins were during 2011 except one in March 2012.  I hit $500 on the $20 Cash Spectacular in May 2011, and $500 on it again in December 2011.  I also had a $300 winner on $3 Crossword in December 2011, and a $500 winner on a $5 ticket in November (I can't remember the name it had a high card game on the top and the bottom had two blackjack games).  March 2012 I won $500 on the $10 Wild 10's ticket.

United States
                      Member #139738
                      March 2, 2013
                      22 Posts
                      Posted: October 30, 2013, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

i won on the bonus, got the hat symbol for $100, and matched all 4 numbers.. was pretty cool haha.. the ticket was #5.. its kinda weird cause i won $100 on ticket #3, $500 on ticket #5, and $100 on ticket #7.. of course not all in the same roll :P haha.. the $10 ticket i won $500 on was that diamond dazzler ticket.. there was 2 left in the roll, i just had the guy scan the first, was a loser, then i had him scan the last one, boom $500 lol.. looks like you've had better luck then me on the scratch offs, sick wins for $500

Olney, MD
                        United States
                        Member #121536
                        January 11, 2012
                        452 Posts
                        Posted: October 31, 2013, 10:25 am - IP Logged

I've also noticed most of the top prize winners occur in Baltimore and also lower income areas like PG county cities.  I rarely see winners posted in Olney or the surrounding areas of Rockville, Gaithersburg, Bethesda, or Silver Spring.  Other states have posted a similar phenomenon where more winners are seeded into less wealthy areas.

United States
                          Member #139738
                          March 2, 2013
                          22 Posts
                          Posted: October 31, 2013, 10:40 am - IP Logged

there was a top prize winner in Gaithersburg AND Silver Spring like a few days ago i believe, sort of weird that you say that haha..yeah its not fair that all the top prize winners are in Baltimore.. theres only been 2 top prize winners here in Cumberland (on scratch offs).. on a $10 christmas ticket years ago.. then sometime this year, i was looking at all the winners in Cumberland on the MD Lottery website, noticed there was only 1 in the history of the whole lottery, i went on MD Lotterys facebook page and basically "raged" and complained as to why all the top prize winners were in Baltimore and that there has only been 1 top prize winner in Cumberland.. WEIRDLY a few days later, at most a week, someone in Cumberland wins the top prize on one of them $2 Cashword tickets for $25000.. at the Martins grocery store here.. i always think that MAYBE me bitching to them made that top prize show up here in Cumberland, but whooooo knows LOL

FiveXChamps's avatar - Lottery-003.jpg
                            High Point, NC
                            United States
                            Member #133621
                            October 4, 2012
                            58 Posts
                            Posted: November 8, 2013, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

I wouldnt and I have been in this situation alot. Once I get some decent juice out of a roll I move to another roll at another store. May come back to bite me someday as Ive heard of  many $100 and several $400 back to back winners on $10 and $20 cards in NC. Grats!

elkton, maryland
                              United States
                              Member #85565
                              January 18, 2010
                              1028 Posts
                              Posted: November 8, 2013, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

there was a top prize winner in Gaithersburg AND Silver Spring like a few days ago i believe, sort of weird that you say that haha..yeah its not fair that all the top prize winners are in Baltimore.. theres only been 2 top prize winners here in Cumberland (on scratch offs).. on a $10 christmas ticket years ago.. then sometime this year, i was looking at all the winners in Cumberland on the MD Lottery website, noticed there was only 1 in the history of the whole lottery, i went on MD Lotterys facebook page and basically "raged" and complained as to why all the top prize winners were in Baltimore and that there has only been 1 top prize winner in Cumberland.. WEIRDLY a few days later, at most a week, someone in Cumberland wins the top prize on one of them $2 Cashword tickets for $25000.. at the Martins grocery store here.. i always think that MAYBE me bitching to them made that top prize show up here in Cumberland, but whooooo knows LOL

Baltimore has a lottery store on every corner, so they will always have a monopoly on winners. A friend of mine won $500 last night on the new scratch off "TECH the HALLS". He had invested $25. I was glad to see him win. This gas station in Elkton has had many $500 winners, but nothing bigger. The odds favors the people of Baltimore.

GL