Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The 6/49 lottery format

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 3 years ago by str8ca$hhomie.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19825 Posts
Posted: October 31, 2013, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

You would think with the 6/49 lottery format being one of the most popular in North America, there would be some well developed systems out there just for it.  With MM and PB odds and prices being key toward developing jackpots of a half billion dollars many 6/49 games with jackpots of 20 to 50 millions dollars and much better odds are starting to look more attractive.

I've seen wheels using all 49 numbers guaranteeing a match three  but they are more than a hundred lines and match threes don't pay much but I think there much room for improvement.

Well, that's my opinion and I thought I would throw it out there and see if others have any similar opinions to share.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Uluska's avatar - strawberry

United States
    Member #134627
    November 2, 2012
    1001 Posts
    Posted: October 31, 2013, 8:24 pm - IP Logged

Lottrey works like this: say, people came together as a fishing company, they all invested money into equipment, vessels, and all went into the ocean to fish, knowing ahead of time that only one of them all will actually catch a whale, other few will catch some fish, the rest will have one tiny fish and most of them will catch nothing. Even if the catch is to be devided equally, company lost most of it's assets for nothing. This company is doomed ahead of time. The only sailor who cought the whale goes home happy. It does not make any sense.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
      Texas
      United States
      Member #55889
      October 23, 2007
      5593 Posts
      Posted: October 31, 2013, 8:45 pm - IP Logged

Well, unfortunately, Texas really screwed up their lotto game. It used to roll $1 million at a time, but they changed that to $250,000. So it starts at $5 million and takes an eternity to get to a decent jackpot (meaning 20 million or more). I'm getting pretty sour on PB and MM. I'm thinking about spending my $ on Lotto and dropping MM and PB but the jackpot is only $3.57 million (cash).

Ok, rant over.

I have always liked to play all the numbers in the matrix, but not in a wheel, in a normal way. Ie; Texas Lotto has 54 numbers, a 6/54 game. They can all be played in 9 lines. So it would cost $9 to play all the numbers and I know I'll have all the numbers that are drawn. Of course, the hard part is getting the drawn numbers on the same line. In fact, I play this way on paper quite often, but have never come close to what would be a jackpot.

About 4 or 5 years ago, I printed a wheel off BobP's Lotto Logix. It's playing all the numbers in 20 lines. So I put the numbers to this wheel randomly. All 54 numbers in 20 lines. I transfered the 20 lines to my notebook and I check these numbers after every Texas Lotto draw, and in all that time the best result has been 4 of 6 about once a year. About every 2 or 3 draws it will bring 3 of 6.

I have concluded that with odds of 1 in millions, there is no system that will bring a jackpot. Even playing 20 tickets a draw doesn't really help that much.

RJ, you've gotten 5 of 6 twice now, whatever you're doing, is as good as anything else.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19825 Posts
        Posted: November 1, 2013, 2:03 am - IP Logged

Well, unfortunately, Texas really screwed up their lotto game. It used to roll $1 million at a time, but they changed that to $250,000. So it starts at $5 million and takes an eternity to get to a decent jackpot (meaning 20 million or more). I'm getting pretty sour on PB and MM. I'm thinking about spending my $ on Lotto and dropping MM and PB but the jackpot is only $3.57 million (cash).

Ok, rant over.

I have always liked to play all the numbers in the matrix, but not in a wheel, in a normal way. Ie; Texas Lotto has 54 numbers, a 6/54 game. They can all be played in 9 lines. So it would cost $9 to play all the numbers and I know I'll have all the numbers that are drawn. Of course, the hard part is getting the drawn numbers on the same line. In fact, I play this way on paper quite often, but have never come close to what would be a jackpot.

About 4 or 5 years ago, I printed a wheel off BobP's Lotto Logix. It's playing all the numbers in 20 lines. So I put the numbers to this wheel randomly. All 54 numbers in 20 lines. I transfered the 20 lines to my notebook and I check these numbers after every Texas Lotto draw, and in all that time the best result has been 4 of 6 about once a year. About every 2 or 3 draws it will bring 3 of 6.

I have concluded that with odds of 1 in millions, there is no system that will bring a jackpot. Even playing 20 tickets a draw doesn't really help that much.

RJ, you've gotten 5 of 6 twice now, whatever you're doing, is as good as anything else.

A 6/54 game with only a $3.57M cash, I feel you pain.Confused

Guess I'll keep playing 10 lines every drawing until Ohio's Classic Lotto(6/49) at $54.4M/$25.2M cash is won, maybe I'll get lucky again.

Maybe when I've acquired some history on the new MM matrix, I'll start playing it again.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19825 Posts
          Posted: November 1, 2013, 2:06 am - IP Logged

Lottrey works like this: say, people came together as a fishing company, they all invested money into equipment, vessels, and all went into the ocean to fish, knowing ahead of time that only one of them all will actually catch a whale, other few will catch some fish, the rest will have one tiny fish and most of them will catch nothing. Even if the catch is to be devided equally, company lost most of it's assets for nothing. This company is doomed ahead of time. The only sailor who cought the whale goes home happy. It does not make any sense.

I know someone got to lose but I rather is be someone other than me.

Evil Looking       

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
            Happyland
            United States
            Member #146344
            September 1, 2013
            1129 Posts
            Posted: November 1, 2013, 2:48 am - IP Logged

I'm with rcbbuckeye....if I was in Ohio right now I would love Classic Lotto. We haven't had a decent jackpot in years and our odds are worse. I have a feeling it won't be long until they shut it down or change it again because it just isn't worth it to the player. I still like our other rolling jackpot game but I'm afraid they are going to get greedy and change it too. For lotteries as a whole, I don't expect things to get better because of the pressure for more revenue, and people becoming desensitized to larger and larger jackpots.

Regarding 6/49 as far as I know, 163 is the minimum tickets possible that are required for a 3 of 6 guarantee. Computers are pretty good at this now, so I don't think it could be improved any further. Playing guarantees just isn't economical unless you are a large syndicate. Really the only hope is luck. I don't do well with draw games at all. This year I've only won about 6% of tickets on drawings, compared to 43% of scratch-offs.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
            If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
            P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

str8ca$hhomie's avatar - Cash

United States
              Member #146028
              August 22, 2013
              842 Posts
              Posted: November 1, 2013, 7:45 am - IP Logged

You would think with the 6/49 lottery format being one of the most popular in North America, there would be some well developed systems out there just for it.  With MM and PB odds and prices being key toward developing jackpots of a half billion dollars many 6/49 games with jackpots of 20 to 50 millions dollars and much better odds are starting to look more attractive.

I've seen wheels using all 49 numbers guaranteeing a match three  but they are more than a hundred lines and match threes don't pay much but I think there much room for improvement.

Well, that's my opinion and I thought I would throw it out there and see if others have any similar opinions to share.

After the October 18th drawing all history files for the Mega Millions drawing were deleted from my computer. I switched to my State's 6/49 Pick 6 game and had to re-adjust my pen stroke filling out those six number betslips. It's getting better after two weeks.

Sometimes it's extremely difficult if not practically impossible to get people to disregard the smoke and mirrors.  Instead, they seem to enjoy the ride down the proverbial Garden Path....... helpless to extricate themselves from being totally deceived by known forces in their midst who would argue that they have come here for the sole purpose of helping people.......str8ca$hhomie