Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 11:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Your thoughts on " kind neighbors" giving press conferences on how good you are?

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 3 years ago by mikeintexas.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
Bay Area - California
United States
Member #136477
December 12, 2012
4108 Posts
Posted: November 5, 2013, 11:57 am - IP Logged

When word gets out you the winner of the PB / MM jackpot..does it meet with your approval?
No matter how long l have lived in the neighborhood- please keep your mouth shut, you have not been authorized to say anything on my behalf,  but thanks anyway.

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
    nc
    United States
    Member #99520
    October 26, 2010
    375 Posts
    Posted: November 5, 2013, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

It's their moment to shine!  My neighbors would have only to say she works a lot and forgets to mow her lawn.

United States
      Member #130815
      July 25, 2012
      1636 Posts
      Posted: November 5, 2013, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

When word gets out you the winner of the PB / MM jackpot..does it meet with your approval?
      No matter how long l have lived in the neighborhood- please keep your mouth shut, you have not been authorized to say anything on my behalf,  but thanks anyway.

Hey....this is America we got free speech here...beside if you try to stop them people will think you have something to hide, not that you don't want people in your business which is actually what you dont want when you win...

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19826 Posts
        Posted: November 5, 2013, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

My neighbors don't know me well enough to speak about me and if I ever win a lottery jackpot they won't ever have a chance to know me better because I'll be gone.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

sookie's avatar - nw femalewiz.jpg

United States
          Member #142686
          May 17, 2013
          94 Posts
          Posted: November 5, 2013, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

My neighbors barely know me I doubt they'd have anything much to say except 'wow' or 'really'?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: November 5, 2013, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

My closest neighbors, the McNutts, are a half mile away and there ain't one of 'em got sense enough to pour piss out of a boot. They most likely never heard of the lottery anyway. My other neighbor, Mulehead Jenkins, is three quarters of a mile the other way and I don't think there's a reporter with stones enough to approach him. You can't understand him anyway, he puts a half bag of BEECH-NUT in his mouth at a time. I never seen a man spit so much. He ain't even got electric no more and he gets his water from a spring. Drives his dead daddy's old '52 pickup with no tags to the feed store for supplies and nobody ever bothers him. He took down his mailbox when his daddy died and nobody knows where he gets his money. So I don't think he'll be sayin' anything either.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
              Member #121745
              January 16, 2012
              4791 Posts
              Posted: November 5, 2013, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

My closest neighbors, the McNutts, are a half mile away and there ain't one of 'em got sense enough to pour piss out of a boot. They most likely never heard of the lottery anyway. My other neighbor, Mulehead Jenkins, is three quarters of a mile the other way and I don't think there's a reporter with stones enough to approach him. You can't understand him anyway, he puts a half bag of BEECH-NUT in his mouth at a time. I never seen a man spit so much. He ain't even got electric no more and he gets his water from a spring. Drives his dead daddy's old '52 pickup with no tags to the feed store for supplies and nobody ever bothers him. He took down his mailbox when his daddy died and nobody knows where he gets his money. So I don't think he'll be sayin' anything either.

lol You really need to write book...although you write so well I think you are someone well known already.

J'aime La France.

United States
                Member #121745
                January 16, 2012
                4791 Posts
                Posted: November 5, 2013, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

Although most of my neighbors are nice, I know the renter and hoarder and morbidly obese woman next door (same person...lol) would be getting her 15 minutes of fame...at my expense. She thinks any guy who looks in her direction thinks she is hot, so she would talk it up to any male reporter.

J'aime La France.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                  u$a
                  United States
                  Member #106665
                  February 22, 2011
                  19819 Posts
                  Posted: November 5, 2013, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

Although most of my neighbors are nice, I know the renter and hoarder and morbidly obese woman next door (same person...lol) would be getting her 15 minutes of fame...at my expense. She thinks any guy who looks in her direction thinks she is hot, so she would talk it up to any male reporter.

Green laugh

Let it Snow Snowman

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                    Bay Area - California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4108 Posts
                    Posted: November 5, 2013, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

That is extremely funny Artist.
                    Kinda reminds me of a certain culture out here, and l guess anywhere in these United States where the females wear extremely tight clothing while looking like NFL linebackers.. My wife often says " Some guy has told them that they piping hot and should continue to wear those  clothes.l don't get it.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: November 5, 2013, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

lol You really need to write book...although you write so well I think you are someone well known already.

Aw shucks, Artist, I believe I might have to give you a first run copy of "How to Win The Lottery Like A Wild Man Gone Insane!" now.  Embarassed

Soon as I get around to writin' it and gettin' it published and stuff. Wink

United States
                        Member #121745
                        January 16, 2012
                        4791 Posts
                        Posted: November 5, 2013, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

That is extremely funny Artist.
                        Kinda reminds me of a certain culture out here, and l guess anywhere in these United States where the females wear extremely tight clothing while looking like NFL linebackers.. My wife often says " Some guy has told them that they piping hot and should continue to wear those  clothes.l don't get it.

lol I agree with your wife Noisegate. I know I sound mean but I was the only one even nice to her and got tired of her calling me names. Belongs on Jerry Springer. She has a vivid imagination as well. I'd be embarassed anyone even thought I was friends with her (not because she is obese, but she is trashy). If I ever have a big public JP win, you all will know...lol. She was bad enough with a performance for the HOA board and claimed her landlord had not told her where to park, so her car was towed from the lot when she first moved in. She went before the HOA board (Even though I and others had told her, her recourse was with her Landlord for allegedly not giving her a parking sticker, not the HOA).  She put on quite a performance (along the lines of am I not hot???!!).  When I saw her next, she was bragging how much all the HOA big shots liked her. They actually had told her to go talk to her Landord, not them..and when I ran into the board president a week later, he asked me why all the nuts seem to live next door to me.

Hmm....I really need to add a step to my JP win plan to keep her out of the way of the press.

J'aime La France.

United States
                          Member #121745
                          January 16, 2012
                          4791 Posts
                          Posted: November 5, 2013, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

Aw shucks, Artist, I believe I might have to give you a first run copy of "How to Win The Lottery Like A Wild Man Gone Insane!" now.  Embarassed

Soon as I get around to writin' it and gettin' it published and stuff. Wink

Thanks!  I am sure it will be a hit!

J'aime La France.

Pita Maha's avatar - 940d8157 d1fb-4f70-a715-6ad04d915489.jpg
                            SW Florida
                            United States
                            Member #145673
                            August 11, 2013
                            152 Posts
                            Posted: November 5, 2013, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

I live on a small cul-de-sac with 6 houses on it.  We're good with all the neighbors except for one house.  Couple of nutcases live there that nobody likes and everybody avoids like the plague.  I wouldn't expect them to say anything nice about us but I don't care.  I'm sure the reporters would gravitate towards them because people saying nice things is boring.  Sensationalism & ugly gossip sells. If you win the lottery, you have to deal with that.

mikeintexas's avatar - tx avatar-1.gif
                              Texas Panhandle
                              United States
                              Member #136843
                              December 20, 2012
                              1276 Posts
                              Posted: November 5, 2013, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

Only a few of my neighbors know me and most of the rest don't speak English.  They could ask some of the neighborhood kids, I guess;  one young girl would say "Mike?  The guy who feeds the stray kitties?  He's nice and once bought me a Drumstick off the ice cream truck when he was getting a Fudgesicle."  Her brother would say "Oh, that old fart that lives 'cross the street?  Weirdo.  I once offered to mow his front yard and after he asked how much, told me he'd do it hisself.  I jus' wanted fifty bucks, that was all."

A people that elect corrupt politicians, impostors, thieves and traitors are not victims...but accomplices.
                               - George Orwell