Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 5:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you know anybody who DOESNT want to be rich financially??

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 3 years ago by billionaire2bee.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: November 9, 2013, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

In this day and age is there anyone, especially in this country who doesnt want to be rich?? Do you know of any such person? Ive heard  all kinds of people say "what I have is enough" or "Im well off" and others like it...but do you know of anyone who could turn down a large sum of money, especially legally obtained? I know Im not one of those people...my new slogan is..."Too much is never enough"

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
    Massachusetts
    United States
    Member #37433
    April 14, 2006
    2747 Posts
    Posted: November 9, 2013, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

Jack Whittaker doesn't want to be rich. Wealth destroyed him. And no, I don't know him.

That money's gone fo ever

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8390 Posts
      Posted: November 9, 2013, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

Jack Whittaker doesn't want to be rich. Wealth destroyed him. And no, I don't know him.

ole jack was already a millionaire before he won the lottery as well as a prosperous business man and devout christan... it was after he won and a series of bad decisions and actions took his fortune away - see winning the lottery can change anyone be it for the better or worse.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
        four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8390 Posts
        Posted: November 9, 2013, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

In this day and age is there anyone, especially in this country who doesnt want to be rich?? Do you know of any such person? Ive heard  all kinds of people say "what I have is enough" or "Im well off" and others like it...but do you know of anyone who could turn down a large sum of money, especially legally obtained? I know Im not one of those people...my new slogan is..."Too much is never enough"

i've been living on a meager income my whole life so wether or not i win the lottery i hope i will continue to survive on the income i have.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.

United States
          Member #134413
          October 27, 2012
          25 Posts
          Posted: November 9, 2013, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

Some of my super religous cousins that live across the south would turn in all the money to have none due to their religous obligations.  I however am the black sheep of course and would "horde" every cent.

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
            JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
            Member #141034
            April 2, 2013
            1419 Posts
            Posted: November 9, 2013, 7:25 pm - IP Logged

...."what I have is enough" or "I'm well off"...but don't forget me if you win the lottery. Fakers just faking it.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

Tin Roof's avatar - lion

United States
              Member #89693
              April 13, 2010
              6 Posts
              Posted: November 9, 2013, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

I know a couple people who said they're afraid of winning lots of money - that it'd bring them too many problems and crime.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                Mcminnville, Oregon
                United States
                Member #3013
                December 13, 2003
                3090 Posts
                Posted: November 9, 2013, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

Money.  Yes please.  Right here!-weshar75

US Flag

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                  adelaide sa
                  Australia
                  Member #37136
                  April 11, 2006
                  3315 Posts
                  Posted: November 9, 2013, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

i have known people who say they would rather work for their money than win it.' they dont appreciate what comes free. etc. strange types i know. something about indolence, and idleness make weak character?  also a recovered drug addict or 2 ive met, who say   winning the lotto would prob destroy them, as they have no self control. so its best they  not gamble at all.  well its a choice thing. and as long as their personal choice, isnt   forced on everyone im cool with that.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

Theox-'s avatar - DAylUYw

United States
                    Member #148698
                    November 9, 2013
                    96 Posts
                    Posted: November 9, 2013, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

I know a few people that subscribe to the "more money more problems" motto.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                      Member #4877
                      May 30, 2004
                      5142 Posts
                      Posted: November 9, 2013, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

B2B:

(1)......??........NO is D answer>>>>>>>>>>>why GO 2 a country if U can't>>>>>>>>GIT^^RICH^^^^^^^^

(A)........B2B: what country????????????why UGO 2 leave USA^^SOS>>>B2B>>GIT^^RICH$$$$$$$$$?

(2)......??.......B2B: WHY R people from TOTAL?WORLD??? leave THEY<WORLD<B2B>>! thank god>>TEAM>>!!!

DrumDanceHurray!TODDHurray!DanceDrum

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19891 Posts
                        Posted: November 10, 2013, 12:36 am - IP Logged

If not born rich then the least one has to do is get a high school education so I assume anyone who drops out of school doesn't want to even earn a decent wage let alone get rich and there are plenty of people doing that.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                          Member #130815
                          July 25, 2012
                          1636 Posts
                          Posted: November 10, 2013, 7:47 am - IP Logged

If not born rich then the least one has to do is get a high school education so I assume anyone who drops out of school doesn't want to even earn a decent wage let alone get rich and there are plenty of people doing that.

I see what you're saying, and that's referring to people who want just work for it, but the plenty you're talking about....they'd take if you just gave it to them...faster than you could blink your eyes LOL...You know what the born rich have that mentality too though, alot dont respect it because they were given it and they think they'll never run out of it either

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: November 10, 2013, 10:50 am - IP Logged

Some of my super religous cousins that live across the south would turn in all the money to have none due to their religous obligations.  I however am the black sheep of course and would "horde" every cent.

Fancying yourself a rebel by taking on the cloak of "black sheep" vis-a-vis your "super religious cousins" across the south would be naivete at best if not self-deceit. If any be deemed rebellious here or considered going against the grain it would be them rather than you. Especially in this day and age.

You've taken the easy path in rejecting God in general and Jesus Christ in particular. That's a virtual cause celebre nowadays. Christians today are being made to feel like persona non grata by the current leadership in this, the country they founded. And the real persecution is yet to come.

Christians are increasingly being ridiculed and laughed at and mocked in this country and they're now being hunted down and killed in many parts of the world for their beliefs.

It's not the rebels who are abandoning their faith in the face of this concerted onslaught of evil, it's the timid, it's the chickens. The real black sheep are the few that are standing up and holding firm in their beliefs and their God. The black sheep are the ones standing in the gap. They're the ones rebelling against the evil that is taking hold of this world, just as prophesied.

Your "super religious cousins" are the ones fighting the good fight. They're the ones keeping the faith and standing up for what they believe in. You? You're just joining the "cool crowd" and taking the easy way out. You don't want to risk being laughed at. And you certainly wouldn't risk the persecution that's coming.

But if it's any consolation, you'll be in the majority.

The people who will face death rather than deny their God are the real black sheep because they'll be in the minority. They'll receive His Mercy.

The rest? The majority? They'll face His Justice.

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be that go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.  -Matthew 7: 13-14 

Blessed are ye when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. -Matthew 5: 11-12

If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. -John 15: 18

And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. -Mark 13: 13

God Bless your cousins.

I hope they influence you at some point - soon.

Lucky4Life's avatar - batman14

United States
                              Member #85037
                              January 7, 2010
                              253 Posts
                              Posted: November 10, 2013, 11:12 am - IP Logged

i want to be rich financially but don't want anyone else to know! I would not buy a luxury vehicle, just a top of the line model of a car I really like.  I would not buy a mansion but I would have the nicest materials used in my home and the loveliest furniture I could buy. I wish Florida was a state where you were allowed to remain annonymous. Maybe one day that will change.