Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 3:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does anyone wish they had started playing the lottery years before?

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Slick Nick.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #122468
February 1, 2012
530 Posts
Posted: November 11, 2013, 11:45 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone wishes they had been playing the lottery earlier than when they started playing? For me it's been a little more than 3 years since I've been playing the lottery. Prior to that I rarely played and only when it was over 100 million. Occasionally I have the what if's? What if I had started playing years before, maybe I would have won a lottery?  When my sane side of my brain kicks in I'm so glad I never played all those years since so much money would have been wasted chasing a dream.

United States
    Member #130815
    July 25, 2012
    1636 Posts
    Posted: November 11, 2013, 11:58 am - IP Logged

LOL I wish I had of won the lottery a lot earlier....like when it was 656 million for MM and when it was 590 millon for PB....heck I remember wishing it was me who had won when ole Jack hit that 314 million, now what happened to him I wouldnt have wanted but it woulda been a wild ride getting there if it did LOL

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
      Bay Area - California
      United States
      Member #136477
      December 12, 2012
      4111 Posts
      Posted: November 11, 2013, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone wishes they had been playing the lottery earlier than when they started playing? For me it's been a little more than 3 years since I've been playing the lottery. Prior to that I rarely played and only when it was over 100 million. Occasionally I have the what if's? What if I had started playing years before, maybe I would have won a lottery?  When my sane side of my brain kicks in I'm so glad I never played all those years since so much money would have been wasted chasing a dream.

Do l wish l had started earlier- No. Its a fork in the road question,  do l go left or right and if l make the choice will things turn out the way I intend them too? Difficult to say.My answer is still No.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
        Texas
        United States
        Member #86154
        January 30, 2010
        1649 Posts
        Posted: November 11, 2013, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

Well, I sometimes only wish that I knew what I know now when I first started playing. I suppose that would be asking too much, though, as everything has its' learning curve and I can appreciate the roads I had to take in getting to where I am. Experience is priceless yet it still costs to get it and I wouldn't trade one day of any aspect of my personal journey.

The possibility of not having to work for anyone is a clear and present reality as I speak...and I'm closing in on it pretty fast. Better late than never as it goes. 

L.L. 

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
          u$a
          United States
          Member #106665
          February 22, 2011
          19911 Posts
          Posted: November 11, 2013, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

Well, I sometimes only wish that I knew what I know now when I first started playing. I suppose that would be asking too much, though, as everything has its' learning curve and I can appreciate the roads I had to take in getting to where I am. Experience is priceless yet it still costs to get it and I wouldn't trade one day of any aspect of my personal journey.

The possibility of not having to work for anyone is a clear and present reality as I speak...and I'm closing in on it pretty fast. Better late than never as it goes. 

L.L. 

I Agree!  Smiley

Let it Snow Snowman

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
            nashville
            United States
            Member #49896
            February 18, 2007
            1181 Posts
            Posted: November 11, 2013, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

I started playing on my 18th birthday. Tennessee has a lottery now but at the time they did not. I had to purchase futures in Kentucky to play Powerball and Georgia or Illinois to play Mega Millions.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
              Massachusetts
              United States
              Member #37433
              April 14, 2006
              2747 Posts
              Posted: November 11, 2013, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

Does anyone wish they had started playing the lottery years before?

No. There are people who have been playing the lottery longer than I have been alive and have never won a prize over $1,000.

That money's gone fo ever

Think's avatar - lightbulb
                Marquette, MI
                United States
                Member #20541
                August 20, 2005
                705 Posts
                Posted: November 11, 2013, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

With how terribly that I have done, I wish I hadn't started playing until now. 

So you nailed it!

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                  Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                  United States
                  Member #112968
                  June 29, 2011
                  3856 Posts
                  Posted: November 11, 2013, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

No been playing since before I was old enough except when living in non-lottery states.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

NEW YORK
                    United States
                    Member #90535
                    April 29, 2010
                    11983 Posts
                    Posted: November 13, 2013, 9:02 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

You have spent millions of dollars on the lottery already, if you take into account the opportunity cost and sunk cost of every $1 spent on the lottery. $1 compounding at 10% for 145 years will be more than $100 Millions dollars not counting inflation.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

United States
                      Member #124493
                      March 14, 2012
                      7023 Posts
                      Posted: December 10, 2013, 1:48 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

I wish I had been tracking the pick 3 since 7th grade. (not playing of course) but mastering the numbers.

I would be an expert by now.  I would be able to hit 10 straights a month, on a bad month.

p4wanbi's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
                        WA
                        United States
                        Member #122238
                        January 27, 2012
                        180 Posts
                        Posted: December 10, 2013, 8:29 am - IP Logged

I started back in 2004 playing only big jackpot lotteries like MM and PB. It was a couple years ago that I got into Pick 4 game. One of my ex's aunts always playing these types of games, P3, P4, Cash 5, Win 4 Life and all other games you name it. One day, the aunt won 20k hitting straight and I was just curious how she had it figured out or just struck by luck. I gradually learned the game by playing small and little to see how the game works...it took me almos two years to figure out the patterns. I lost a total of roughly 5k on Pick 4, and this year I have fully recovered that and then a few times more than 5k. I have never hit straight on P4 and mostly 50/50.

to sum it up, no I do not wish I had started it sooner than later. It all comes down to priority. My winnings are supplemental income, my job is the real long term.

playing what can be afforded...spend half of what was reclaimed.

Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
                          Rochester
                          United States
                          Member #103282
                          January 1, 2011
                          603 Posts
                          Posted: December 10, 2013, 9:00 am - IP Logged

I have been playing the numbers games for years and I have no regrets. I think I will win a sizable jackpot soon. If I don't, that's the way it goes! Smash

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile