Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 10:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

pick 5 state lottos and %'s

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 3 years ago by cash4ninja.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #134413
October 27, 2012
25 Posts
Posted: November 11, 2013, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

Anyone chime in and respond if you only play the state lottos (which for ex in my state is the Palmetto Cash 5 lotto)  only.   Due to lower number of balls available (1-38) for most of these lottos, how many of you stay with just quick pics only?.

I have had to redo the lotto budget and  i sticking to 5 tix with power play which equals $10 for dailies and no other games.   Just wanting  to get input on state lottos only instead of the astonomical Mega and PB.

United States
    Member #134413
    October 27, 2012
    25 Posts
    Posted: November 11, 2013, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

Having a Masters degree in accounting has me sticking to just the lottos that have a lower percantage or greater change of winning.  For my state it is 1 in 500,000 roughly.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: November 11, 2013, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

TN doesn't have a 5 number lotto game.

TN doesn't have a 6 number lotto game.

All we have is a 5+1 game but it's a fake computer drawing so I don't play it.

We also have the multistate Hot Lotto but that has fake drawings too so I don't play that either.

I go to Virginia to play their 34 number Cash5. They have real ball drawings, no hanky panky with the programming.

United States
        Member #134413
        October 27, 2012
        25 Posts
        Posted: November 11, 2013, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

SC had a pick 6 games and i actually got 5/6 and got a little over $1000.   It was a great feeling telling my wife i told you i was going to win at some point.  The game was cancelled about a month later but i never expected to get 5/6 or even 6/6 again.   Thats why i have tried to stay with the one game that i could get a decent amount after taxes to payoff my home.

Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
          Rochester
          United States
          Member #103282
          January 1, 2011
          606 Posts
          Posted: November 11, 2013, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

I use to have a set of Take 5 numbers here in New York  I played, but the payoff was so low and the length of time for them to come in was pathetic. In fact I hit twice on 4 numbers and the second time was even lower. But somethings better than nothing. It's funny this topic came up because just today I have started debating on quick piks or set numbers. Maybe a new set and a quick pik. Keep within a budget.Dance

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile

United States
            Member #134413
            October 27, 2012
            25 Posts
            Posted: November 11, 2013, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

As i have determined from the last two weeks of using all my on hand daily cash-----STAY WITHIN BUDGET.

United States
              Member #130815
              July 25, 2012
              1636 Posts
              Posted: November 11, 2013, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

Ours here in NC Carolina cash 5 is 1 in 575,000, we've had some pretty good hitters too. One old man hit for over 1 million then about a year or 2 later he hit for 745,000...all before taxes LOL...wish I had his luck the most I get with my quick picks is maybe a buck or two here and there

Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
                Rochester
                United States
                Member #103282
                January 1, 2011
                606 Posts
                Posted: November 11, 2013, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

Your day will come sir, just bide time, and keep your bills paid first!US Flag

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10392 Posts
                  Posted: November 11, 2013, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

The Illinois game went from a 5/30 to a 5/39. Had I had known some of the things I learned here on LP I would have played it a lot more when it was 5/30.

It's still the game I play most as let's face it, in one's lifetime you're likely to maybe hit a Pick 5 more so than a Pick 6 or 5 + 1.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                    Massachusetts
                    United States
                    Member #37433
                    April 14, 2006
                    2747 Posts
                    Posted: November 11, 2013, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

Here in MA we have Mass Cash (5/35) drawn daily. You can win $100,000 if you march 5 of 5. If you play the same numbers 5 times and they match 5 of 5 you win $500,000. How cool is that?! the odds are only 1 in 324,632. That is my game these days.

That money's gone fo ever

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                      Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                      United States
                      Member #112968
                      June 29, 2011
                      3857 Posts
                      Posted: November 11, 2013, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

The Jerseycash5 game is a 5/40 game, used to be a 5/39 and before that a 5/38 game,

they wanted to raise bigger JPs when it became a rollover game. before that if there was no winner w/all 5#s the JP was divided between tix. w/ 4/5

Been playing the same #set for over 10 years.

I hit 4/5 three times and 3/5 too many times to remember, but that 5/5 remains elusive.

Even though this game is 5/40 I think it's popular w/out of state folks, cause the JPs grow fast in the summer,

when a lot of vacationers are here.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                        u$a
                        United States
                        Member #106665
                        February 22, 2011
                        19967 Posts
                        Posted: November 12, 2013, 5:56 am - IP Logged

we have  5-39 Smash i never hit 5 yet Sleep

Patriot

clifford1944's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                          Broken Arrow Oklahoma
                          United States
                          Member #85721
                          January 21, 2010
                          160 Posts
                          Posted: November 12, 2013, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

"I go to Virginia to play their 34 number Cash5. They have real ball drawings, no hanky panky with the programming."

The Hot Lotto and the Oklahoma Cash 5 are both computer generated.  How hard would it be for the computer to generate some random picks and see which ones have the lowest amount of payout?  If a computer can play chess this would not be hard.

We have 1-36 here for a max payout of $25,000 tax free, they say.  But for 4 numbers you get $500 which is what I try to do.

Home, home where I wanted to be.

United States
                            Member #124493
                            March 14, 2012
                            7023 Posts
                            Posted: November 12, 2013, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

TN doesn't have a 5 number lotto game.

TN doesn't have a 6 number lotto game.

All we have is a 5+1 game but it's a fake computer drawing so I don't play it.

We also have the multistate Hot Lotto but that has fake drawings too so I don't play that either.

I go to Virginia to play their 34 number Cash5. They have real ball drawings, no hanky panky with the programming.

I didn't realize your mule went so far.  Better have him re-shoed.

United States
                              Member #124493
                              March 14, 2012
                              7023 Posts
                              Posted: November 12, 2013, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

Anyone chime in and respond if you only play the state lottos (which for ex in my state is the Palmetto Cash 5 lotto)  only.   Due to lower number of balls available (1-38) for most of these lottos, how many of you stay with just quick pics only?.

I have had to redo the lotto budget and  i sticking to 5 tix with power play which equals $10 for dailies and no other games.   Just wanting  to get input on state lottos only instead of the astonomical Mega and PB.

the amount of lines you play depends a lot on the payout.

If your 4/5 pays only $100 then you want to spend less but longer.

If your 4/5 pays $500 then you can afford to spend a little more each draw, or spend less and bet longer.

I spend on average $6 per draw.  Which means I can go about three months losing before I am deep in the hole.

After 100 draws, thats $600 investment.  Without a 4/5 win in that time, I mostly want to scream, pull out my hair and get a refund on my lottery products.

Luckily I am not panicking yet.

And no quick picks for me. (except for the ones I scan out at the vending machines)