Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Will the Powerball Jackpot over take the Mega on the way up?

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 3 years ago by ressuccess.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Washington
United States
Member #148665
November 8, 2013
6 Posts
Posted: November 11, 2013, 2:51 pm - IP Logged

I think the powerball jackpot will pass the Mega Millions jackopt on the way up over the next couple of weeks. I don't mean Mega gets a winner, I mean the higher sales price of $2 and the more people that play it will make the jackpot larger than the Mega one for the first time by passing it on the way up.

Anyone else thing this?

Morrison, IL
    United States
    Member #4657
    May 13, 2004
    1884 Posts
    Posted: November 12, 2013, 11:09 pm - IP Logged

Yes, if neither game is won, I do believe Powerball will pass Mega Millions in the next couple of weeks.

---

NEW YORK
      United States
      Member #90535
      April 29, 2010
      11978 Posts
      Posted: November 13, 2013, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

I think the powerball jackpot will pass the Mega Millions jackopt on the way up over the next couple of weeks. I don't mean Mega gets a winner, I mean the higher sales price of $2 and the more people that play it will make the jackpot larger than the Mega one for the first time by passing it on the way up.

Anyone else thing this?

I am willing to spend $1 and $2 on Mega Millions and Powerball, whenever lottery sales increase the jackpots to $100 Million.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19825 Posts
        Posted: November 17, 2013, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

Ask and your questions shall be answered.  Seek and you shall find.  Now we know it will be a while before the PB jackpot catches up with MM.  Once MM jackpot reaches $200M I expect it to accelerate at a rate similar to PB because more players will be seeking to win it.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
          Texas
          United States
          Member #55889
          October 23, 2007
          5592 Posts
          Posted: November 17, 2013, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

I was a little disappointed to see PB was won. I wanted to see both games take off. I didn't care which one went the highest, just wanted to see both skyrocket.

Oh well, another time.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

NEW YORK
            United States
            Member #90535
            April 29, 2010
            11978 Posts
            Posted: November 18, 2013, 2:28 pm - IP Logged

I was a little disappointed to see PB was won. I wanted to see both games take off. I didn't care which one went the highest, just wanted to see both skyrocket.

Oh well, another time.

Mega Millions jackpot will be next. Lottery players lose money not the lottery. I wish that someone wins the Mega Millions jackpot too.

US Flag

NEW YORK
              United States
              Member #90535
              April 29, 2010
              11978 Posts
              Posted: November 18, 2013, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

Ask and your questions shall be answered.  Seek and you shall find.  Now we know it will be a while before the PB jackpot catches up with MM.  Once MM jackpot reaches $200M I expect it to accelerate at a rate similar to PB because more players will be seeking to win it.

I think that you will be the only one seeking to win it. Good Luck.

US Flag

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                Happyland
                United States
                Member #146344
                September 1, 2013
                1129 Posts
                Posted: November 18, 2013, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

I was glad PB was high with MM because it caused MM sales in my state to drag; now they're running a promotion for it. lol

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
                If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
                P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                  Oklahoma
                  United States
                  Member #82391
                  November 12, 2009
                  6290 Posts
                  Posted: November 18, 2013, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to the LP SeattleJoe....Thumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

NEW YORK
                    United States
                    Member #90535
                    April 29, 2010
                    11978 Posts
                    Posted: November 18, 2013, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

I was glad PB was high with MM because it caused MM sales in my state to drag; now they're running a promotion for it. lol

You are not spending money on Mega Millions? LOL

US Flag

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19825 Posts
                      Posted: November 19, 2013, 8:03 am - IP Logged

I think that you will be the only one seeking to win it. Good Luck.

Sorry you are wrong, I haven't played MM since its matrix change. 

With my state lottery at $52M+ and odds of 1:14M to win it, I prefer playing it rather than MM. 

I may however change my mind if in the future MM has a half billion dollars jackpot and I have more history to base my picks on.

Good luck to whom ever seeks to win it.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19825 Posts
                        Posted: November 23, 2013, 2:47 pm - IP Logged

Sorry you are wrong, I haven't played MM since its matrix change. 

With my state lottery at $52M+ and odds of 1:14M to win it, I prefer playing it rather than MM. 

I may however change my mind if in the future MM has a half billion dollars jackpot and I have more history to base my picks on.

Good luck to whom ever seeks to win it.

I can no longer make the above statement.  Last night I tried to pick5 lines for MM using my system/software and it could not so I brought a $5 MM quick pick out of frustration.  I hadn't brought a quick pick in over a year and I matched 0+1 for $1 proving it's easier to win something with this new MM matrix.

I later checked my software and rediscovered it was limited to 60 numbers and wouldn't accept any inputs of numbers over 60.  After seeing the results of the drawing I wished I had gone with that.  I've started to update my software and will be ready the next time I decide to play MM.  Now that it's over $200M with a cash value over $100M that might be sooner than I first thought.

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                          United States
                          Member #32652
                          February 14, 2006
                          7302 Posts
                          Posted: November 23, 2013, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

Anyone else thing this?

"I think the powerball jackpot will pass the Mega Millions jackopt on the way up over the next couple of weeks"

Including tonight's drawing, PB will have five drawings in the "next couple of weeks" and on average the PB jackpot is about $90 million for the fifth drawing. Since the MM jackpot is currently at $205 million, do you expect that jackpot to decrease to $90 million in the "next couple of weeks"?

"Anyone else thing this?"

I hope not, but there are several other LP members who don't understand MM and PB jackpot structures.

http://www.usamega.com/

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                            Economy class
                            Belgium
                            Member #123700
                            February 27, 2012
                            4035 Posts
                            Posted: November 23, 2013, 5:38 pm - IP Logged

I also don't like those odds for the first set, but I played in Maddog10's competition and won 2 times out of 3.
                            My second score was 4/5 and my third score was 2/5+1/14, with for the second game, I didn't want to post the right mb.
                            I did the calculation for costs and payouts.
                            One game: -1 * 1287 * 3.
                            Played 3 games.
                            Payouts: 0, 35100, 7821 USD.

United States
                              Member #124493
                              March 14, 2012
                              7023 Posts
                              Posted: November 23, 2013, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

Anyone else thing this?

NO.

Its impossible for it to catch up.  Last I looked,

PB is rising only by roughly $10 million a draw, whereas MM is rising at approximately $16 million per draw.