Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Black Friday and the recent jackpot winner

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 3 years ago by ttech10.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #130815
July 25, 2012
1636 Posts
Posted: November 13, 2013, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

Do you think that Black Friday would be more fun if you just got your big jackpot check cleared just in time for the silly season?? I love looking over the newspaper after Thanksgiving dinner and seeing what's on sale myself, but ive only ventured out once with one of my sister's and we racked up, but if I won the lottery and had an endless supply of cash it would be even more fun...but of course if i won the lottery, well everyday would be black Friday LOL....but that's me how about you??

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10354 Posts
    Posted: November 14, 2013, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

billionaire2bee,

Are you yanking our chain here?

I can't think of someone winning multi-millions and dealing with Balck Friday crowds and hustle bustle.

To each their own, but golly.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
      Member #130815
      July 25, 2012
      1636 Posts
      Posted: November 14, 2013, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

billionaire2bee,

I can't think of someone winning multi-millions and dealing with Balck Friday crowds and hustle bustle.

LOL if you re-read what I wrote I also said "Or would everyday be your black friday" as well...I mean people with money have done crazier things...like for one diving with great white sharks in South Africa, and chumming up the water so they will raise up like Jaws and you can scratch them on their noses...Makes black Friday seem like a walk in the park don't it?

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
        Indiana
        United States
        Member #129225
        June 13, 2012
        546 Posts
        Posted: November 14, 2013, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

billionaire2bee,

That would be me!  I love Black Friday shopping I just love being part of the crowds and hustle and bustle!  But there is nothing I want to buy enough to queue hours for.  Well, last year I did queue for almost an hour at Starbucks.  I usually just have fun on Black Friday and do my serious shopping on a different day.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
          NY
          United States
          Member #121961
          January 21, 2012
          3157 Posts
          Posted: November 14, 2013, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Unless there's a special on a McLaren, i would never do it.

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
            Florida
            United States
            Member #61435
            May 22, 2008
            908 Posts
            Posted: November 14, 2013, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

I'm not much of a shopper but I would likely use the good online deals for stuff I needed to outfit my new digs!!!  PartyShopping amongst the crowds...not a chance.

Indiana
              United States
              Member #129225
              June 13, 2012
              546 Posts
              Posted: November 15, 2013, 6:46 am - IP Logged

I'm not much of a shopper but I would likely use the good online deals for stuff I needed to outfit my new digs!!!  PartyShopping amongst the crowds...not a chance.

But real shopping is the fun of Black Friday!  I find online shopping so unfullfilling!  And am always disappointed when the merchandise arrives in a plastic bag or cardboard box.  I always end up returning anything online!!

United States
                Member #130815
                July 25, 2012
                1636 Posts
                Posted: November 15, 2013, 7:32 am - IP Logged

But real shopping is the fun of Black Friday!  I find online shopping so unfullfilling!  And am always disappointed when the merchandise arrives in a plastic bag or cardboard box.  I always end up returning anything online!!

LOL you're like my sister, she's older than me, well both of the are but the middle one is like that she get's all excited over stuff like that...The year we went we started out at 3am LOL...got alot of great deals that year too

schmuckatelly's avatar - half planet.jpg
                  Jacksonville, Florida
                  United States
                  Member #140364
                  March 17, 2013
                  195 Posts
                  Posted: November 15, 2013, 7:46 am - IP Logged

I'm frugal with my money now, but I still don't do black friday shopping. I did give it a try last year with my wife. I won't do it again, therefore with millions of dollars, I might just go for the "after Christmas sale"

Indiana
                    United States
                    Member #129225
                    June 13, 2012
                    546 Posts
                    Posted: November 15, 2013, 11:41 am - IP Logged

LOL you're like my sister, she's older than me, well both of the are but the middle one is like that she get's all excited over stuff like that...The year we went we started out at 3am LOL...got alot of great deals that year too

That is what makes it fun going out in the middle of the night its cold out maybe a little bit of snow!  But I am drawing a line and not shopping on Thanksgiving Day!!

CST
                      United States
                      Member #140593
                      March 23, 2013
                      26 Posts
                      Posted: November 15, 2013, 11:49 am - IP Logged

Black Friday has now become Brown Thursday!

That being said, no matter how much money I have (but especially if I have "silly money" forever) I will never, ever ruin a family holiday to go shopping. Nor will I ever go shopping @ 4-6am to fight unhappy masses trying to kill me to save $100.

I certainly don't need that $100 myself, now or ever.

United States
                        Member #124814
                        March 20, 2012
                        219 Posts
                        Posted: November 15, 2013, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

I would specifically NOT shop on black friday if my jackpot check cleared. Not because I wanted to avoid lines and crowds and all that. But my first purchases will not be anything on sale. I want to buy all the expensive stuff and have the receipts to prove it!

Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
                          Rochester
                          United States
                          Member #103282
                          January 1, 2011
                          603 Posts
                          Posted: November 17, 2013, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

When you have big money like a lottery win, much changes they say! Would I look for sales, sure I would, however I wouldn't waste much time penny pinching. That's 1 of the joys of having big money! ROFL

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
                            Florida
                            United States
                            Member #61435
                            May 22, 2008
                            908 Posts
                            Posted: November 17, 2013, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

When you have big money like a lottery win, much changes they say! Would I look for sales, sure I would, however I wouldn't waste much time penny pinching. That's 1 of the joys of having big money! ROFL

I know some VERY wealthy people and they ALL pinch pennies.  Coincidence?

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                              Texas
                              United States
                              Member #92330
                              June 5, 2010
                              887 Posts
                              Posted: November 18, 2013, 7:04 am - IP Logged

I don't want to deal with Black Friday crowds now. No way I'd deal with them if I had millions.

People getting trampled to death, fists being thrown around, tasers being pulled out, guns being pulled out... no thanks.

I'll wait until almost equally as good sales happen at other times throughout the year.

I went to a Black Friday at Best Buy in college. Most disappointing thing ever, besides the free coffee and donuts. They had good sales on laptops but they were all really terrible ones and there were still people yelling about who got there first. I think I ended up buying a cheap USB stick that had like 4GB of storage.