Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Print Play Slip

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 3 years ago by debron.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Apopka
United States
Member #121690
January 15, 2012
3 Posts
Posted: November 13, 2013, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

I want to know if I have a premium membership, if I can print play slip from the wheels.

United States
    Member #124493
    March 14, 2012
    7023 Posts
    Posted: November 14, 2013, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

I want to know if I have a premium membership, if I can print play slip from the wheels.

If that was available, I think Todd would be breaking many state and federal laws, and would verifiable y announce him as unenelected the leader of a ragtag cabal of lottery misfits, who in large have as their sole purpose the desire to break the lottery and unfetter the shackles of capitalistic slavery.

But to answer your question more succinctly, then the answer would simply be NO.

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7322 Posts
      Posted: November 14, 2013, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

If that was available, I think Todd would be breaking many state and federal laws, and would verifiable y announce him as unenelected the leader of a ragtag cabal of lottery misfits, who in large have as their sole purpose the desire to break the lottery and unfetter the shackles of capitalistic slavery.

But to answer your question more succinctly, then the answer would simply be NO.

I played around with a program that was suppose to print play slips, but it never worked correctly. If someone has a program that does work, they could easily use LP's wheels. Some of the lotteries have online jackpot game wagering and it might be possible to copy and paste an LP wheel too.

Which laws would a program that printed out play slips be breaking?

United States
        Member #124493
        March 14, 2012
        7023 Posts
        Posted: November 14, 2013, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

I played around with a program that was suppose to print play slips, but it never worked correctly. If someone has a program that does work, they could easily use LP's wheels. Some of the lotteries have online jackpot game wagering and it might be possible to copy and paste an LP wheel too.

I tried to write my own program.  Not so hard with excel.  You just have to line up your margins, and just go by trial and error, but the cards just kept jamming in the printer.

So, more important question than "does LP have a wheel printing functionality?", is "are the cards compatible to the printer?".

I stopped trying since a ten dollar wheel, I can do with a marker in a snap.

When I become a whale, I might enlist a team from the cabal to make this possible.

I dont know what laws, but I read somewhere on LP that somebody tried this and it was kinda frowned upon by some sort of offical, state, federal, lottery, i dont know for sure, but thus it is a kind of taboo to admit that you are printing out your playslips.

Of course they were printing out hundreds of lines, and some LP wheels do allow for hundreds of lines.

One of the reasons I dont do large wheels is because, I am humble meager minnow.

The other is because filling in 100 lines by hand is quite a daunting task to perform. Especially without errors.

(not to mention BORING!).  Thud

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19831 Posts
          Posted: November 15, 2013, 1:54 am - IP Logged

I don't know if it's a law but many play slips have a rule that they should be marked manually.  I suppose it's to avoid players complaining they intended to print a winning combination but their printer was not aligned.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
            United States
            Member #32652
            February 14, 2006
            7322 Posts
            Posted: November 15, 2013, 11:29 am - IP Logged

I don't know if it's a law but many play slips have a rule that they should be marked manually.  I suppose it's to avoid players complaining they intended to print a winning combination but their printer was not aligned.

In some stores the play slips don't even need to be marked correctly because clerks will correct them either on the machine or the play slip. I believe the rules of how many play slips is flexible too because a player can't tie up a terminal if nobody else is playing.

I've heard people complain about clerks not giving them the combos they asked for, but what's so difficult about checking your tickets before paying for them. I really doubt we'll find very many average players who will make 25 picks and fill out play slips and probably won't find anyone who is playing thousands of combos and filled out hundreds of play slips.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
              Economy class
              Belgium
              Member #123700
              February 27, 2012
              4035 Posts
              Posted: November 15, 2013, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

Nowadays you can 3d-print anything, even your slips from a wheel.

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
                Jacksonville Florida
                United States
                Member #23018
                October 6, 2005
                918 Posts
                Posted: November 15, 2013, 5:21 pm - IP Logged

Technically, there would probably be copyright infringement issues with duplicating the full layout of a state's playslip.

One way around that would be to just print the markings in the right places without all the text and boxes (you would have a playslip with only a bunch of marks on it). The markings necessary to successfully have a machine accept it would include number choices, options choices, and any alignment markings that would be needed.

grwurston's avatar - 144
                  Let's Go Rangers!!!
                  bel air maryland
                  United States
                  Member #90251
                  April 24, 2010
                  4879 Posts
                  Posted: November 15, 2013, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

In some stores the play slips don't even need to be marked correctly because clerks will correct them either on the machine or the play slip. I believe the rules of how many play slips is flexible too because a player can't tie up a terminal if nobody else is playing.

I've heard people complain about clerks not giving them the combos they asked for, but what's so difficult about checking your tickets before paying for them. I really doubt we'll find very many average players who will make 25 picks and fill out play slips and probably won't find anyone who is playing thousands of combos and filled out hundreds of play slips.

I fill out playslips every time I play. Whether it's for 2 #'s or 40 #'s. That way, there is no way I can lose because the clerk

pressed the wrong key. Any mistakes are on me. Besides, it's quicker at the store.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: November 15, 2013, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

Looks like Badie is what I call a "One and Done".

One post, one question, never to be seen again.

No hellos, no goodbyes, no responses, no acknowledgements, no ok's, no thank you's, no kiss my a$$, no go jump in the lake, no nothin'.

One and Done. 

So on behalf of Badie, I want to say thank you for all your help, Lottery Post Members. 

And don't be too harsh on Badie.

Some people never learn manners or etiquette.

Apopka
                      United States
                      Member #121690
                      January 15, 2012
                      3 Posts
                      Posted: November 19, 2013, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

Looks like Badie is what I call a "One and Done".

One post, one question, never to be seen again.

No hellos, no goodbyes, no responses, no acknowledgements, no ok's, no thank you's, no kiss my a$$, no go jump in the lake, no nothin'.

One and Done. 

So on behalf of Badie, I want to say thank you for all your help, Lottery Post Members. 

And don't be too harsh on Badie.

Some people never learn manners or etiquette.

I am sorry, and thanks for being so Harsh on me . All the tips were helpful , but was disapointed .  I will still keep on trying . 

Jah Love. 

Badie.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: November 19, 2013, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

I am sorry, and thanks for being so Harsh on me . All the tips were helpful , but was disapointed .  I will still keep on trying . 

Jah Love. 

Badie.

Ah, I was a little off.

Not a One and Done.

A Two and Through.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: November 19, 2013, 10:47 pm - IP Logged

Jah Love. 

Badie.

Just kiddin' Badie, good luck to ya. Thumbs Up

Apopka
                            United States
                            Member #121690
                            January 15, 2012
                            3 Posts
                            Posted: November 20, 2013, 8:40 am - IP Logged

Thanks! Jah Blessings.

United States
                              Member #141260
                              April 9, 2013
                              1390 Posts
                              Posted: November 20, 2013, 8:51 am - IP Logged

Thanks! Jah Blessings.

I fill out playslips daily for a group of numbers with black ink...
                              Then file them away into plastic sleeves in my lotto notebook...

When I want to play that group of numbers I have them available...

Not hard to do 50 a day ...... time is money