Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

You know you're more than just a casual lottery player when...

Topic closed. 60 replies. Last post 3 years ago by HoLeeKau.

Page 3 of 5
PrintE-mailLink
Blackapple's avatar - nw rogue2.jpg
Wyncote,Pa
United States
Member #3206
January 3, 2004
60725 Posts
Posted: November 23, 2013, 12:30 am - IP Logged

When you made

Total Posts46,591Ponder

and see no end in sight.

United States
    Member #124493
    March 14, 2012
    7023 Posts
    Posted: December 23, 2013, 12:13 am - IP Logged

you have to go behind the counter and teach the clerk how to place the front pair bet.Thud

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
      Texas
      United States
      Member #86154
      January 30, 2010
      1648 Posts
      Posted: December 23, 2013, 8:41 am - IP Logged

...when you've finally learned the proper way to play after years of trial and error, and, now you're about to drop Pick3 and only play Pick4 as your full time day job with the certainty of a very healthy cash flow in 2014.CheersEekWinkWhite BounceCoolUS Flag

It's the American way!!!

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

MzDuffleBaglady's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg

United States
        Member #81314
        October 16, 2009
        18991 Posts
        Posted: December 23, 2013, 9:01 am - IP Logged

you have to go behind the counter and teach the clerk how to place the front pair bet.Thud

I Agree!

Been there, done that and more, lmaoooooooooooo.

I think if you are a clerk, you should know the game.

My playslips wouldn't run one night, so the clerk said, "let me just give you a quick pick"?

I said, "No thank you",  drove to another store.

Good Luck.

The Struggle is real!

MzDuffleBaglady's avatar - Lottery-018.jpg

United States
          Member #81314
          October 16, 2009
          18991 Posts
          Posted: December 23, 2013, 9:03 am - IP Logged

...when you've finally learned the proper way to play after years of trial and error, and, now you're about to drop Pick3 and only play Pick4 as your full time day job with the certainty of a very healthy cash flow in 2014.CheersEekWinkWhite BounceCoolUS Flag

It's the American way!!!

L.L.

Good Luck @ Lucky Loser

I"m just going to be honest, Pick 4 gets on my nerve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.P***ed

The Struggle is real!

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
            Texas
            United States
            Member #86154
            January 30, 2010
            1648 Posts
            Posted: December 24, 2013, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

Good Luck @ Lucky Loser

I"m just going to be honest, Pick 4 gets on my nerve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.P***ed

Hey, thanks...I really appreciate it and I'm diggin' that flag!!!! You know, the two games are one in the same and in my strong personal opinion, Pick4 is actually easier to work with in lots of aspects. It's so much easier to reduce combos for a given type of spreadsheet due to a higher number count when starting. This may sound strange, but it's true...at least from what I can see when crunching.

If a player has no discipline, then they really don't have a system either because a system is based on producing a certain thing around certain criterias/conditions. In order to establish averages, the system must be implemented ONLY when those conditions/criteria are available. When you see it, play it. If you don't, stay it. On a Pick4 straight hit, so much profit is made that it's not necessary to play it very much at all...and I play it the same way I do Pick3 which means I get the same results and averages. Just costs more to run the numbers because there are more numbers as a whole.

A true system is comprised of patience, discipline, opportunity, correct timing, moderate play list, and the money to play...in that order. If EITHER of these is missing, the player is losing and just pissing in the wind. I can guarantee it. 

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

United States
              Member #124493
              March 14, 2012
              7023 Posts
              Posted: December 24, 2013, 2:52 pm - IP Logged

Hey, thanks...I really appreciate it and I'm diggin' that flag!!!! You know, the two games are one in the same and in my strong personal opinion, Pick4 is actually easier to work with in lots of aspects. It's so much easier to reduce combos for a given type of spreadsheet due to a higher number count when starting. This may sound strange, but it's true...at least from what I can see when crunching.

If a player has no discipline, then they really don't have a system either because a system is based on producing a certain thing around certain criterias/conditions. In order to establish averages, the system must be implemented ONLY when those conditions/criteria are available. When you see it, play it. If you don't, stay it. On a Pick4 straight hit, so much profit is made that it's not necessary to play it very much at all...and I play it the same way I do Pick3 which means I get the same results and averages. Just costs more to run the numbers because there are more numbers as a whole.

A true system is comprised of patience, discipline, opportunity, correct timing, moderate play list, and the money to play...in that order. If EITHER of these is missing, the player is losing and just pissing in the wind. I can guarantee it. 

L.L.

I Agree!

Also diligence and assiduity is helpful.

Also a mechanical pencil, some graph paper, and a red pen/marker  should also NOT be missing for the more than casual player.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10351 Posts
                Posted: December 24, 2013, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

You know you're more than just a casual lottery player when you used to keep a pad and pencil on your nightstand to write down any numbers  you saw in your dreams........and now you have a recording device and a back-up recordeing device so you can say them.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

London
                  United Kingdom
                  Member #140684
                  March 24, 2013
                  566 Posts
                  Posted: December 25, 2013, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

You know you're more than just a casual lottery player when you used to keep a pad and pencil on your nightstand to write down any numbers  you saw in your dreams........and now you have a recording device and a back-up recordeing device so you can say them.

This makes playing quick picks sound boring... :( But I hate playing my own numbers because I would want to play them every draw incase they came up!

2016 Won/Lost

EuroMillions / Spent: £22 / Won £0 / Total -£22

UK Lotto / Spent: £4 / Won: £0 / Total: -£4

2016 Total: -£24

Jan: -£22 Feb: £0 ~ Mar: £0 ~ April: £0 ~ May: £0 ~ June: £0 ~ July: £2

EuroMillions = £2 Line / Played: x11 [old price] 

EuroMillions = £2.50 Line / Played: x0

UK Lotto = £2 Line / Played x2

Candlelight777's avatar - nw saucyelf.jpg
                    Indiana
                    United States
                    Member #150273
                    December 18, 2013
                    495 Posts
                    Posted: December 26, 2013, 6:28 pm - IP Logged

When you check and compare your ticket  numbers three or four times on the website and still run it through the machine twice at the gas station before throwing it away Oogle .....Sulk Off

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                      Oklahoma
                      United States
                      Member #82391
                      November 12, 2009
                      6290 Posts
                      Posted: December 27, 2013, 5:57 am - IP Logged

When you play the #'s on the back of the Semi Big Grin

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
                        Pittsburg, Ks
                        United States
                        Member #3382
                        January 17, 2004
                        80866 Posts
                        Posted: December 30, 2013, 8:26 am - IP Logged

When you play the addresses and zip codes of your incoming mail. Or when you use the call number in your favorite resturant

God Bless America

US Flag

New York,
                          Panama
                          Member #73078
                          April 4, 2009
                          3490 Posts
                          Posted: December 30, 2013, 2:20 pm - IP Logged

When you stand outside early  morning in the cold, waiting for your nearest the Lotto Placed to open!

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19826 Posts
                            Posted: December 30, 2013, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

Also diligence and assiduity is helpful.

Also a mechanical pencil, some graph paper, and a red pen/marker  should also NOT be missing for the more than casual player.

I prefer a project pad with a black, red and green pen.  Picking combinations for the next drawing is a project and is treated as such. 

I use the black pen  to record what happened in past drawings, the red one to mark the parameters I'll use to pick combinations for the next drawing and the green one to mark what happened during that drawing.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

sully16's avatar - sharan
                              Ringleader
                              Michigan
                              United States
                              Member #81740
                              October 28, 2009
                              40445 Posts
                              Posted: December 30, 2013, 4:13 pm - IP Logged

When you play your weight just because you can't come up with a number that day.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"