Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do you ever get excited for a second when checking your tickets?

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 3 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
London
United Kingdom
Member #140684
March 24, 2013
566 Posts
Posted: November 15, 2013, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

So, I was about to check my 2 lines for the Euro draw since it was a special big draw for 80M and I check to see if anyone had won it and I see someone has so I go to grab my ticket and check and I normally check the 2 "Star" numbers first and it was 1 and 4 I look at my ticket and see 1 and 4 I was like Troll then I see the rest of my normal numbers don't match at all. Bash To rub salt in the wound you don't even get anything for matching the "Star" numbers!

So, has anyone else ever checked their tickets and thought for a second maybe they hit the big one?

2016 Won/Lost

EuroMillions / Spent: £22 / Won £0 / Total -£22

UK Lotto / Spent: £4 / Won: £0 / Total: -£4

2016 Total: -£24

Jan: -£22 Feb: £0 ~ Mar: £0 ~ April: £0 ~ May: £0 ~ June: £0 ~ July: £2

EuroMillions = £2 Line / Played: x11 [old price] 

EuroMillions = £2.50 Line / Played: x0

UK Lotto = £2 Line / Played x2

United States
    Member #124814
    March 20, 2012
    219 Posts
    Posted: November 15, 2013, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

I get excited when I seen someone from CA won the jackpot or the 5+0 and then I go and check my ticket. That's pretty much the only time I get excited when checking my ticket. It's weird. I get more excited buying my ticket than I do checking it.

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
      Indiana
      United States
      Member #129225
      June 13, 2012
      546 Posts
      Posted: November 16, 2013, 6:33 am - IP Logged

I get excited when I seen someone from CA won the jackpot or the 5+0 and then I go and check my ticket. That's pretty much the only time I get excited when checking my ticket. It's weird. I get more excited buying my ticket than I do checking it.

I know that feeling!!

London
        United Kingdom
        Member #148675
        November 8, 2013
        54 Posts
        Posted: November 16, 2013, 7:39 am - IP Logged

@JoshUK, 

I've always that feeling but yesterday was a big disappointment for me :-( I bought 15 tickets with my dad and sister for the Euro-millions and matched some numbers but no payout....Anyway, this year it doesn't look good for UK I think it's the 4 win so far compared to Spain who won yesterday and France, Portugal .They have atleast 25 to 30 winners together this year ....Even Switzerland  the tiny country where I'm orginally from have 4 Jackpot winners this year on the Euro ...

London
          United Kingdom
          Member #148675
          November 8, 2013
          54 Posts
          Posted: November 16, 2013, 7:44 am - IP Logged

Ups, sorry I wanted to give you five stars for the topic Unhappy

London
            United Kingdom
            Member #140684
            March 24, 2013
            566 Posts
            Posted: November 16, 2013, 8:31 am - IP Logged

@JoshUK, 

I've always that feeling but yesterday was a big disappointment for me :-( I bought 15 tickets with my dad and sister for the Euro-millions and matched some numbers but no payout....Anyway, this year it doesn't look good for UK I think it's the 4 win so far compared to Spain who won yesterday and France, Portugal .They have atleast 25 to 30 winners together this year ....Even Switzerland  the tiny country where I'm orginally from have 4 Jackpot winners this year on the Euro ...

Yup, those numbers never seem to match up.

Hopefully they do a big draw for Christmas such as 80M Jackpot and 100 Raffle winners! Guitar

2016 Won/Lost

EuroMillions / Spent: £22 / Won £0 / Total -£22

UK Lotto / Spent: £4 / Won: £0 / Total: -£4

2016 Total: -£24

Jan: -£22 Feb: £0 ~ Mar: £0 ~ April: £0 ~ May: £0 ~ June: £0 ~ July: £2

EuroMillions = £2 Line / Played: x11 [old price] 

EuroMillions = £2.50 Line / Played: x0

UK Lotto = £2 Line / Played x2

schmuckatelly's avatar - half planet.jpg
              Jacksonville, Florida
              United States
              Member #140364
              March 17, 2013
              195 Posts
              Posted: November 16, 2013, 9:24 am - IP Logged

I always check the PB # first. I've only had 1+1 or just the PB, so I haven't gotten to excited from that. I think I would begin to get excited when I see I have at least 3+1.

Florida has a 4+1 that I play every draw and first thing I check is to see if its a rollover or not and if not they have the city that won the jackpot. From there I check to see if I have the +1 because its always a free ticket if nothing else. Nobody in my city has one that since 2012 so I don't get too excited, but I did have a 2+1 and  3+0 once and was cool with that, even though it only got me $65

Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
                Rochester
                United States
                Member #103282
                January 1, 2011
                603 Posts
                Posted: November 16, 2013, 10:05 am - IP Logged

There's always a thrill in checking your tickets as there is always a thrill buying your tickets. It's a dream that come true for some.Dance

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile

United States
                  Member #130815
                  July 25, 2012
                  1636 Posts
                  Posted: November 16, 2013, 10:12 am - IP Logged

LOL yeah when the first two numbers match up...or i think I havent won anything and I always check the ball numbes last and i find out i hit that..not much but hey when you thought you didnt win anything at least you get money for your ball numbers

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
                    JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
                    Member #141034
                    April 2, 2013
                    1408 Posts
                    Posted: November 17, 2013, 9:30 am - IP Logged

Duh?.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: November 17, 2013, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

Duh?.

That's what I thought too.

Theox-'s avatar - DAylUYw

United States
                        Member #148698
                        November 9, 2013
                        96 Posts
                        Posted: November 17, 2013, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

I've only been excited about it twice. The first time I played powerball and when someone in my state won the powerball jackpot earlier this year. My phone recieved an alert saying that someone in my city had won. Of course it wasn't me, but those few moments before I checked my numbers were  pure bliss.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                          Member #4877
                          May 30, 2004
                          5118 Posts
                          Posted: November 17, 2013, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

So, I was about to check my 2 lines for the Euro draw since it was a special big draw for 80M and I check to see if anyone had won it and I see someone has so I go to grab my ticket and check and I normally check the 2 "Star" numbers first and it was 1 and 4 I look at my ticket and see 1 and 4 I was like Troll then I see the rest of my normal numbers don't match at all. Bash To rub salt in the wound you don't even get anything for matching the "Star" numbers!

So, has anyone else ever checked their tickets and thought for a second maybe they hit the big one?

JSHUK:

Bash>>>>YES, but Psyko just gits on D train and heads 4D EDB and accross D river 2D>>>HIGHLAND's!!!!!

Drum

NEW YORK
                            United States
                            Member #90535
                            April 29, 2010
                            11978 Posts
                            Posted: November 18, 2013, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

Losing money on the lottery is not fun.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                              Bay Area - California
                              United States
                              Member #136477
                              December 12, 2012
                              4105 Posts
                              Posted: November 18, 2013, 10:41 pm - IP Logged

No-not really. But if l read that the winning ticket was bought at a store l purchased my ticket..a little excitement would kick in.Apart from that, No.