Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 11:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Posting Predictions Fear

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 3 years ago by TooTallLuke.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
TooTallLuke's avatar - img 8jc7G2.jpg
Ontario
Canada
Member #137286
December 31, 2012
93 Posts
Posted: December 7, 2013, 9:36 am - IP Logged

Since Mega Millions is now 75/15 I had the idea of creating an Excel spreadsheet that would randomly select 15 sets of 5 numbers that would use all 75 numbers (15 sets of 5 with no repeats), and each set of numbers would be giving 1 unique Mega Ball number, that way all 75 numbers and 15 Mega Ball numbers would be used. My fear would be posting my 15 selection prediction and then seeing that one of them would have won the jackpot if I had played....  Crying

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: December 7, 2013, 9:43 am - IP Logged

Since Mega Millions is now 75/15 I had the idea of creating an Excel spreadsheet that would randomly select 15 sets of 5 numbers that would use all 75 numbers (15 sets of 5 with no repeats), and each set of numbers would be giving 1 unique Mega Ball number, that way all 75 numbers and 15 Mega Ball numbers would be used. My fear would be posting my 15 selection prediction and then seeing that one of them would have won the jackpot if I had played....  Crying

That's called "Predictor's Remorse Syndrome".

There's no cure.

Astekblue's avatar - Tarlor
      Kentucky
      United States
      Member #35086
      March 12, 2006
      10374 Posts
      Posted: December 7, 2013, 9:47 am - IP Logged

There's no cure.

Amen     To      That

Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
        Rochester
        United States
        Member #103282
        January 1, 2011
        606 Posts
        Posted: December 7, 2013, 9:50 am - IP Logged

Well Luke, are you going to do it? Type I would like to see them.Smash

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
          u$a
          United States
          Member #106665
          February 22, 2011
          19964 Posts
          Posted: December 7, 2013, 10:03 am - IP Logged

might as will post them Just in case you don't play them other people might want to,

stop being stingy ROFL

Let it Snow Snowman

Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
            Rochester
            United States
            Member #103282
            January 1, 2011
            606 Posts
            Posted: December 7, 2013, 10:18 am - IP Logged

LOL Stop being stingy!!!!LOL Good one "helpmewin".LOL

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              42157 Posts
              Posted: December 7, 2013, 10:27 am - IP Logged

There's no cure.

I suffer from that from time to time.

HyperBe Happy.

LottoBux's avatar - 2elh5if
                Ontario
                Canada
                Member #109243
                April 9, 2011
                31439 Posts
                Posted: December 7, 2013, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

I Wouldn't Worry About It Luke,

The Odds Are 258 Million To 1 Against Hitting All 5 +MB,

Besides Don't You Have To Be A US Citizen To Collect?

Ontario
                  Canada
                  Member #109243
                  April 9, 2011
                  31439 Posts
                  Posted: December 7, 2013, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

You'll Never Know If You Would Have Won If You Don't Have Any Picks To Compare With The Winning Numbers.

TooTallLuke's avatar - img 8jc7G2.jpg
                    Ontario
                    Canada
                    Member #137286
                    December 31, 2012
                    93 Posts
                    Posted: December 7, 2013, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

I Wouldn't Worry About It Luke,

The Odds Are 258 Million To 1 Against Hitting All 5 +MB,

Besides Don't You Have To Be A US Citizen To Collect?

258 million to 1 but that Murphy and his laws is a mother! Eek

No, you don't have to be a US Citizen to collect, anyone can play and collect, you just have to pay the taxes on the winnings.

Ontario
                      Canada
                      Member #109243
                      April 9, 2011
                      31439 Posts
                      Posted: December 7, 2013, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

258 million to 1 but that Murphy and his laws is a mother! Eek

No, you don't have to be a US Citizen to collect, anyone can play and collect, you just have to pay the taxes on the winnings.

Yep,

I Wonder If Anyone Named Murphy Bothers To Play.lol

I Didn't Know That A Non Resident Could Win.

So Have You Made A Decision Yet? Rudolph

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19903 Posts
                        Posted: December 7, 2013, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

If you didn't think they would hit, why post them?   I alway play my predictions and I can count the times they hit with the fingers on one hand. Wink

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

grwurston's avatar - 144
                          Let's Go Rangers!!!
                          bel air maryland
                          United States
                          Member #90251
                          April 24, 2010
                          5129 Posts
                          Posted: December 7, 2013, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

Well, if you play them,then you won't have to worry about it.   Thumbs Up

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

elkton, maryland
                            United States
                            Member #85565
                            January 18, 2010
                            1028 Posts
                            Posted: December 7, 2013, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

Your talking about $30...(give us a break)...You deserve to lose if you let that happen. Yes Nod

OGG

United States
                              Member #124493
                              March 14, 2012
                              7023 Posts
                              Posted: December 7, 2013, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

The solution to the dillema IMHO, is to only post what you play.  That way you limit the remorse. 

I like to post winning lines on the boards that I insist on playing in real life, and not post losing ones, that I really know deep down that I should not even play at all.  (I keep those losses private.) That way I can stay in the top 50 on the prediction boards.

Even though there is no prize for being in the top ten, for a lottery player, on the Lottery Post Prediction Board.  LPPB, numero uno, that is the goal.  (At least for somebody who is "ACTUALLY" trying to win a JP.)

Maybe a free coffee mug for top predictor of the year, or perhaps a baseball cap? Todd are you watching?

You could always keep the other lines in your own "secret journal".  That way only you would know "if" your worst case scenario would have happened, if it was to happen, and you would only have to deal with your own embarrassment privately, without having to deal with it publicly, because all the while at the same time members on LP are congratulating you.

But dont fear about losing.  That only makes you lose more, and more faster.