Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 1:37 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's the value of a 100million$ jackpot win when many upscale apt. in London are 70-80million$ ??

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 3 years ago by LottoBoner.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Igamble's avatar - spider
nj
United States
Member #145657
August 10, 2013
974 Posts
Posted: December 7, 2013, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

and a lot of them in NY are popping up too .there are at least 30-40 of them at prices well over 20million$ .And few even 90-100mill$ !!! i'm not looking to buy one of them after i win but this kind of value on an apratment makes the value of a jackpot  go down or the money will not go to far ahead if someone enjoys the lavish spending...

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19825 Posts
    Posted: December 7, 2013, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

If you don't live in NY, why would you care what an apartment cost in it.  There are plenty of other places where a million dollars could buy a nice place to live for half that price.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #130815
      July 25, 2012
      1636 Posts
      Posted: December 7, 2013, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

If you don't live in NY, why would you care what an apartment cost in it.  There are plenty of other places where a million dollars could buy a nice place to live for half that price.

Yeah also there are place in trendy spots in NY that are 5-8 million that are super nice...There also other places that half of that would even go a super long way...Here in NC Raleigh made the best places to live list again, also Chapel Hill, Charlotte, Wilmington, etc. etc...I'd personally pick Miami, Vegas, Houston, DFW, you get the point you could find a decent place somewhere and then have a whole lot left over too

Igamble's avatar - spider
        nj
        United States
        Member #145657
        August 10, 2013
        974 Posts
        Posted: December 7, 2013, 6:52 pm - IP Logged

yes i agree on this ,but by them having this huge prices on the high end they affect the bottom or the middle market as well. is like if all  middlle  class cars are 100.000 then of course all the kias and nissans are going to b 50.000 ??and then each one of our jackpots -i win one,you another one will go a little shorter especially 20-30 years from now if you think long term ..

Milwaukee, WI
          United States
          Member #3131
          December 27, 2003
          665 Posts
          Posted: December 7, 2013, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

I see a nice 75 acres in Wyoming for $500,000.  And I can build a super dream, self sustaining home for less than a million. And if I would win a smaller prize, $200,000 for the home, less than $60,000 for a huge solar system with batteries, $125,000 for my Tesla, and say $100,00 for extras. About $1 mil.  And I can plan for even less if I want. Low taxes, near zero operating costs kick back and enjoy life.

All that you need in life is a warm roof over your head, a few crumbs to eat and a nice cool beverage.

NY
            United States
            Member #23835
            October 16, 2005
            3474 Posts
            Posted: December 7, 2013, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

and a lot of them in NY are popping up too .there are at least 30-40 of them at prices well over 20million$ .And few even 90-100mill$ !!! i'm not looking to buy one of them after i win but this kind of value on an apratment makes the value of a jackpot  go down or the money will not go to far ahead if someone enjoys the lavish spending...

Domn't worry. If you win you can spend all the money on crayons and coloring books. They're still cheap.

United States
              Member #124493
              March 14, 2012
              7023 Posts
              Posted: December 7, 2013, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

Its only lavish because they have to kill 200 elephants to make their toilet, (which they then have to puke in after doing some "H" buts that ok because America only initiated a war to secure the availabilty of "H" to those who desire it.)

If their sheets have to be silk instead of cotton, then I imagine the "spider unions" will be up in arms.

Perhaps, LP players who "know" how to "team up" should win these huge Jackpots, and IMHO, its almost a disgrace to let the jackpot get to a billion dollars, but I may be posting to the wrong thread and airing political incorrectedness.

Only god knows know what kind of snafu will occur during the '"FIRST EVER" billion dollar drawing.

Could be an earthquake, a volcanic eruption, maybe one of the "super" hurricanes, or perhaps just a simple blackout.

Is it really necessary to have a billion dollar jackpot?

Where is the POOLIE leader?

And to the next poolie leader, we dont need money we need ideas, and strategies.

United States
                Member #124493
                March 14, 2012
                7023 Posts
                Posted: December 7, 2013, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

Domn't worry. If you win you can spend all the money on crayons and coloring books. They're still cheap.

What?

United States
                  Member #124493
                  March 14, 2012
                  7023 Posts
                  Posted: December 7, 2013, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

Are you intending to be offensive and rude?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: December 7, 2013, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

I see a nice 75 acres in Wyoming for $500,000.  And I can build a super dream, self sustaining home for less than a million. And if I would win a smaller prize, $200,000 for the home, less than $60,000 for a huge solar system with batteries, $125,000 for my Tesla, and say $100,00 for extras. About $1 mil.  And I can plan for even less if I want. Low taxes, near zero operating costs kick back and enjoy life.

All that you need in life is a warm roof over your head, a few crumbs to eat and a nice cool beverage.

"All that you need in life is a warm roof over your head, a few crumbs to eat and a nice cool beverage."

No, mark.

All that you need in life is a warm roof over your head, a few crumbs to eat and a nice cool beverage."

I need waaaaaaaaaay more than that.

And I know how you guys like to make your ideas mandatory for everybody.

Kindly leave me out of it.

NY
                      United States
                      Member #23835
                      October 16, 2005
                      3474 Posts
                      Posted: December 7, 2013, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

Are you intending to be offensive and rude?

No, but if anybody actually thinks a $100 million jackpot isn't huge because there are a few houses that cost that much they should be right at home with a box of crayons.

United States
                        Member #124493
                        March 14, 2012
                        7023 Posts
                        Posted: December 7, 2013, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

No, but if anybody actually thinks a $100 million jackpot isn't huge because there are a few houses that cost that much they should be right at home with a box of crayons.

I think the question ultimately boils down to a matter of perspective.

I do agree with you on a certain level though, however,...I still like a girl with a phat butt, and depending on the situation, i might also like girls that dont have phat butts.Naughty