Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Have you ever won 'by accident'?

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 3 years ago by NativeSlew67.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10354 Posts
Posted: December 8, 2013, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

That is, have you ever won by filling out a playslip wrong, things like that, etc...?

One time my wife read a number for the wrong day in a horoscope magazine, and it hit. Paid $290, sweet for a boo boo!

You?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40609 Posts
    Posted: December 8, 2013, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

Yep. played the wrong playslip, got the 3 digit boxed.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
      Happyland
      United States
      Member #146344
      September 1, 2013
      1129 Posts
      Posted: December 8, 2013, 8:16 pm - IP Logged

That is, have you ever won by filling out a playslip wrong, things like that, etc...?

One time my wife read a number for the wrong day in a horoscope magazine, and it hit. Paid $290, sweet for a boo boo!

You?

One time the machine ran out of paper mid-purchase. Because there were still credits, the employee had to cash them out at their own expense. Gave me two random scratch-offs, both were winners. Plus I got a free QP.

Another time, not really an accident but very random, I happened to have $2 left in the machine and just for the sake of not leaving it I hit a QP (usually I play my own numbers). Later that won $50.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
      If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
      P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

grwurston's avatar - 144
        Let's Go Rangers!!!
        bel air maryland
        United States
        Member #90251
        April 24, 2010
        4879 Posts
        Posted: December 8, 2013, 9:17 pm - IP Logged

Filled out my playslip wrong. Did front pair instead of back pair, or vice versa. LOL  Won $50.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Baton Rouge, LA
          United States
          Member #4602
          May 7, 2004
          699 Posts
          Posted: December 8, 2013, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

One time my wife and I decided to buy scratch offs and I ended up winning $20 by accident. The clerk tore the ticket my wife picked and she didn't want it, so I bought it and it turned out to be the $20 winner.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
            Bay Area - California
            United States
            Member #136477
            December 12, 2012
            4110 Posts
            Posted: December 8, 2013, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

You?

No- what would ultimately surprise me is being the sole winner the PB/MM jackpot....that l would have accomplished what millions have not. That in it of itself would be considered a  " major historical accident" for me - one l would treasure till the end of my days.

l await that " accident" to happen and will welcome it with Open Arms. Big Smile

Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
              Rochester
              United States
              Member #103282
              January 1, 2011
              603 Posts
              Posted: December 9, 2013, 6:00 am - IP Logged

I bought a lottery ticket once a person didn't want, it paid $78.00 dollars. LOL

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile

Tatototman65's avatar - Lottery-009.jpg

United States
                Member #138729
                February 4, 2013
                2874 Posts
                Posted: December 9, 2013, 8:17 am - IP Logged

My mom doesn't fill out play slips, so she told the clerk her numbers and wanted them for evening draw. Well, the clerk did it for midday draw and she won $5,000.

Smile

Want regulated Internet gaming in your state? Got 30 SECONDS to spare?
                MI Residents ONLY (Time is running out; ACT NOW)-
                Click me
                Open to EVERYONE- Click me

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: December 9, 2013, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

The clerk punched in the wrong number for my P3 Str8 and I won $500 on it.

NativeSlew67's avatar - 52982010151414212343150
                    Nassau
                    Bahamas
                    Member #95055
                    August 2, 2010
                    1623 Posts
                    Posted: December 9, 2013, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

Not me but a close friend was playin online pick 3 South Carolina...playin all consec for .15cents str8 and .35cents boxed. By accident she put 15$ on ONE of them...the 456...clicked purchase...realized her mistake...and was quite peeved actually..... and lo and behold...thats what fell midday!!! This was about 3 years ago and the number guys were payin $900 for a $1 str8 then so it was quite a win!

"In Vegas, I got into a long argument with the man at the roulette wheel over what I considered to be an odd number."