Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I lied...

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 3 years ago by buyingtime.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #134413
October 27, 2012
25 Posts
Posted: December 10, 2013, 11:13 am - IP Logged

I posted a fews weeks ago that i was out until after the first of the year from any tix purchases whatsoever.   Well i lied.  Got my Christmas bonus early and am back at pick 4 with lower odds and using the Lottery Post quick picks as my reference.

Wish me luck,  and i hope this doesn't qualify me as a problematic gambler?  When does that term become relevant? Thanks all.

United States
    Member #124493
    March 14, 2012
    7023 Posts
    Posted: December 10, 2013, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

I posted a fews weeks ago that i was out until after the first of the year from any tix purchases whatsoever.   Well i lied.  Got my Christmas bonus early and am back at pick 4 with lower odds and using the Lottery Post quick picks as my reference.

Wish me luck,  and i hope this doesn't qualify me as a problematic gambler?  When does that term become relevant? Thanks all.

That term becomes relevant after

A) you have spent all your savings, and are living in a tent in the park 

B) you have spit a big wad of tobacco juice on the counter and have punched your first clerk and/or chased him with a taser.

Whichever comes first.

Jester

United States
      Member #134413
      October 27, 2012
      25 Posts
      Posted: December 10, 2013, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

Nice answer.  Good to know i haven't reached that point yet.  wheewww im in the clear then.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #74096
        May 2, 2009
        22934 Posts
        Posted: December 10, 2013, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

Seems to be a problem already if you're asking if it's one and when the term fits.

If you swore off til the first of the year and here it is the 10 of the last month, that's no good.

It's only good if you're going to change what made you swear off til the New Year. Was it excess? Was it losing?

Was it boredom?

Change something...how about use your bonus for everything you need first?

246 ~~ 485 ~~ 369 ~~ 890 ~~ 705 ~~ 357 ~~ 129 ~~ 165 ~  007 ~ 225 ~ 818 ~ 440 ~  7775 5557

p4wanbi's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
          WA
          United States
          Member #122238
          January 27, 2012
          180 Posts
          Posted: December 10, 2013, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

If you're playing P4, just take it easy by doing this. Do not put too much money into it.

a. Pick out the numbers you think will hit, and DO NOT play...more like a prediction like most LP people do here.

b. Put them into an excel spreadsheet if not in a notebook and follow this for at least one month.

c. If by end of the month, you haven hit any #'s AT ALL, go back and continue doing that until you hit something for the month.

d. Keep the ritual month by month cycle until you hit....minium 3 times a month, and the hit must be more than what you put in...lots more.

e. Then start playing like you can make $ off of it...otherwise you're contributing to the states and you will soon be broke with lots of regrets later.

good luck!

playing what can be afforded...spend half of what was reclaimed.

United States
            Member #124493
            March 14, 2012
            7023 Posts
            Posted: December 10, 2013, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

If you're playing P4, just take it easy by doing this. Do not put too much money into it.

a. Pick out the numbers you think will hit, and DO NOT play...more like a prediction like most LP people do here.

b. Put them into an excel spreadsheet if not in a notebook and follow this for at least one month.

c. If by end of the month, you haven hit any #'s AT ALL, go back and continue doing that until you hit something for the month.

d. Keep the ritual month by month cycle until you hit....minium 3 times a month, and the hit must be more than what you put in...lots more.

e. Then start playing like you can make $ off of it...otherwise you're contributing to the states and you will soon be broke with lots of regrets later.

good luck!

good advice p4wanbi

also, i know you guys are relatively new, but maybe you have some deflates left.

Do a last 365 deflate for mid/ and eve/ print it out, and that will give you nice pool of numbers that are workable.

Create a matrix walk combined and test those numbers against it.

Play on paper for a while.  I know we are all afraid of missing that 2500 dollar str8, but a good system, will always be good, so you must be patient, and persistent and panic free.

I dont play pick 4, but deflate for pick 3 gives a decent pool, which can be tweaked. and which is good for at least a month.

But I am mostly a pick 5 and pick 6 beast!  I have not multitudes of time for baby games!Jester Laugh

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
              East of Columbus, OH
              United States
              Member #120843
              December 28, 2011
              451 Posts
              Posted: December 10, 2013, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

Lie is such an ugly word.  Lets take a line from James Carville.  He had another way to say it wasn't exactly a lie, which, in this case, might just fit. 

buyingtime, you didn't lie.  You:

"could have made a more nuanced, accurate statement.”

Thank James Carville for this excuse.

Congrats on the early bonus!  It only becomes problematic when you don't pay your bills to gamble.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

United States
                Member #124493
                March 14, 2012
                7023 Posts
                Posted: December 10, 2013, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

Keep in mind QuickPicks suck.

There is a faction of lottery player on LP who swear by them.

They piss me off.  But I cant express my disdain publicly anymore without possibly incurring the wrath of a cylon.  I have to kind of accept it as a fact, that certain lottery players CHOOSE WILLINGLY to go behind the 8 BALL.

Lottery post quick picks suck.  Why?  Because the algorithm is inherently ignorant of the current statistical facts.

Lottery post Deflate is good ,becaus it takes into account the anamolies present withing the drawings and creates a pool of impossibly close numbers.

So if you want to improve your odds, throw the LP QP out the door and focus on the deflate numbers.

I have seen so many chances to win using the deflate.  But I am not going to bust my hump for 500 bucks.

I prefer 50,000 bucks.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
                  u$a
                  United States
                  Member #106665
                  February 22, 2011
                  19843 Posts
                  Posted: December 10, 2013, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

Good LuckLep

Let it Snow Snowman

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                    NY
                    United States
                    Member #121961
                    January 21, 2012
                    3157 Posts
                    Posted: December 10, 2013, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

LP members will forgive you. Sobriety is a crime.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: December 11, 2013, 6:17 am - IP Logged

Keep in mind QuickPicks suck.

There is a faction of lottery player on LP who swear by them.

They piss me off.  But I cant express my disdain publicly anymore without possibly incurring the wrath of a cylon.  I have to kind of accept it as a fact, that certain lottery players CHOOSE WILLINGLY to go behind the 8 BALL.

Lottery post quick picks suck.  Why?  Because the algorithm is inherently ignorant of the current statistical facts.

Lottery post Deflate is good ,becaus it takes into account the anamolies present withing the drawings and creates a pool of impossibly close numbers.

So if you want to improve your odds, throw the LP QP out the door and focus on the deflate numbers.

I have seen so many chances to win using the deflate.  But I am not going to bust my hump for 500 bucks.

I prefer 50,000 bucks.

"Lottery post quick picks suck.  Why?  Because the algorithm is inherently ignorant..."

Inherently, inschmerently.

I won $450 using it once last year.

I'll take that kinda ignorance anytime.

Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
                        Rochester
                        United States
                        Member #103282
                        January 1, 2011
                        603 Posts
                        Posted: December 11, 2013, 7:28 am - IP Logged

If your bills are paid, health in order, an emergency stash for the household is in place, then "ENJOY", your self. But remember to keep the "emergency stash"..Smash

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile

Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
                          Rochester
                          United States
                          Member #103282
                          January 1, 2011
                          603 Posts
                          Posted: December 11, 2013, 7:29 am - IP Logged

LOL to funny Lottoboner..

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile

United States
                            Member #134413
                            October 27, 2012
                            25 Posts
                            Posted: December 11, 2013, 8:54 am - IP Logged

Yes 8 month reserves for possbile unemployment if ever needed.   All bills paid.  Only two loans outstanding (home/car).   Good i feel better now.