Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 12:35 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How do I properly run an online lottery pool?

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 3 years ago by grwurston.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Margate, FL
United States
Member #149784
December 9, 2013
13 Posts
Posted: December 14, 2013, 7:31 am - IP Logged

Thinking of...I have an idea to create a free forum online for my my very own (and probably first ever) lottery pool for mega millions. The idea is that instead of discussing a topic(s) with other members like on a typical forum, members register on my forum and basically just state weather they want to join the pool or not and post pictures of the tickets they bought before each drawing (as proof, if someone's ticket wins, that that person owns the ticket so that nobody can claim THEY bought the winning ticket and file a lawsuit or something). If someone's ticket wins the jackpot or other large prize, my idea would be, after cashing the ticket and claimiing the prize, the winning ticket holder would mail a check (after everyone PMs the winner his/her home address) for however much everyone wins to all members who contributed for that drawing and then everyone can go to their bank and cash their check. Would that work? How would everyone recieve their money? Also, how do I make absolutly sure that the winner ticket holder will pay everyone their share and doesn't just keep it all for himself? Basically, how do I make sure there will be no fraud?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

mrlotto-nc's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif

United States
    Member #111017
    May 16, 2011
    10244 Posts
    Posted: December 14, 2013, 7:39 am - IP Logged

Thinking of...I have an idea to create a free forum online for my my very own (and probably first ever) lottery pool for mega millions. The idea is that instead of discussing a topic(s) with other members like on a typical forum, members register on my forum and basically just state weather they want to join the pool or not and post pictures of the tickets they bought before each drawing (as proof, if someone's ticket wins, that that person owns the ticket so that nobody can claim THEY bought the winning ticket and file a lawsuit or something). If someone's ticket wins the jackpot or other large prize, my idea would be, after cashing the ticket and claimiing the prize, the winning ticket holder would mail a check (after everyone PMs the winner his/her home address) for however much everyone wins to all members who contributed for that drawing and then everyone can go to their bank and cash their check. Would that work? How would everyone recieve their money? Also, how do I make absolutly sure that the winner ticket holder will pay everyone their share and doesn't just keep it all for himself? Basically, how do I make sure there will be no fraud?

It would also be wise, to draw up some type of paperwk thru an attorney to protect yourself and everyone else how to properly disperse thew wins and basic info involving joioning the online pool and so forth. Get the legalities out the way, then focus on the winning!Thumbs Up

mrlotto-nc's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif

United States
      Member #111017
      May 16, 2011
      10244 Posts
      Posted: December 14, 2013, 7:45 am - IP Logged

Yeah it does. Once the legalities are out the way, shoot I would be interested in joining... if everything is what it suppose to be. Thats a huge responsibility doe.

Ontario
        Canada
        Member #149860
        December 10, 2013
        18 Posts
        Posted: December 14, 2013, 7:59 am - IP Logged

Its also a good idea to look at some of the ones currently running and see what you can learn from them

Margate, FL
          United States
          Member #149784
          December 9, 2013
          13 Posts
          Posted: December 14, 2013, 8:22 am - IP Logged

It would also be wise, to draw up some type of paperwk thru an attorney to protect yourself and everyone else how to properly disperse thew wins and basic info involving joioning the online pool and so forth. Get the legalities out the way, then focus on the winning!Thumbs Up

What if I just started the pool without worrying about the legal stuff? I was planning on starting it as early as tomorow.

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
            Member #121745
            January 16, 2012
            4783 Posts
            Posted: December 14, 2013, 8:24 am - IP Logged

What if I just started the pool without worrying about the legal stuff? I was planning on starting it as early as tomorow.

Not a smart decision. You could end up with world wide infamy.

J'aime La France.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
              adelaide sa
              Australia
              Member #37136
              April 11, 2006
              3300 Posts
              Posted: December 14, 2013, 8:38 am - IP Logged

i would ask  " how do you enforce someone pays up? "

I mean mathematically is a sure bet, everyone buys 1 ticket, the chances are , say if 10 people joined, that you would 90% of the time not have to send that check. and be collecting them, if 100 joined 99% of the time you would be collecting.  you would at least need a legal contract  agrreed to by entering a photo, and a no win no fee lawyer agree to take ea and every case you generate.

id say there would be a tendancy for people to join then do a runner if they infact are the %1 winner of  a jackpot.

then its a goer.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                Economy class
                Belgium
                Member #123700
                February 27, 2012
                4035 Posts
                Posted: December 14, 2013, 10:41 am - IP Logged

1) You avoid all the legal stuff and dress like a banker.

2) You take the cash for the tickets and don't play.

3) When the pool wins something, you pay the pool members with the money that you kept.
                     Make sure that you deduce administration costs for your precious work.

4) Once that the payouts are bigger than the money received for the tickets, you move to the Bikini islands.

Tip:
                Make sure that the pool is big enough!

New York,
                  Panama
                  Member #73078
                  April 4, 2009
                  3490 Posts
                  Posted: December 14, 2013, 11:16 am - IP Logged

Haste, make waste!   If it's worth doing, take the time to do it right!   Just saying.

forget what "they" say about youWhat you say about you?...

Now, does it count??

*Jr$ina

Margate, FL
                    United States
                    Member #149784
                    December 9, 2013
                    13 Posts
                    Posted: December 14, 2013, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

1) You avoid all the legal stuff and dress like a banker.

2) You take the cash for the tickets and don't play.

3) When the pool wins something, you pay the pool members with the money that you kept.
                         Make sure that you deduce administration costs for your precious work.

4) Once that the payouts are bigger than the money received for the tickets, you move to the Bikini islands.

Tip:
                    Make sure that the pool is big enough!

Every member of the pool goes out and buys their own tickets.

The holder of the winning ticket (if there is one) then hopefully will be honest enough to actually pay everybody who played.

United States
                      Member #128790
                      June 2, 2012
                      5431 Posts
                      Posted: December 14, 2013, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

Every member of the pool goes out and buys their own tickets.

The holder of the winning ticket (if there is one) then hopefully will be honest enough to actually pay everybody who played.

A man bought a donkey from an old farmer for $100. The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day.

Come morning, the farmer drove up and said, "Sorry, but I've got some bad news. The donkey died."

"Well then, just give me my money back."

"Can't do that. I spent it already," replied the farmer.

"OK then, just unload the donkey."

"What're you gonna do with him?" asked the farmer.

"I'm gonna raffle him off."

"Ya can't raffle off a dead donkey!" exclaimed the farmer.

"Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anyone he's dead."

A month later the farmer met up with the guy and asked about what happened with the dead donkey. "I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at $2 apiece and made a profit of $998."

"Didn't anyone complain?" asked the farmer.

"Just the guy who won. So I gave him his $2 back."

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
                        Winning makes me smile.
                        bel air maryland
                        United States
                        Member #90251
                        April 24, 2010
                        4852 Posts
                        Posted: December 14, 2013, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

Why would you even want to do that?

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.