Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

With new Mega Millions matrix... how do you choose your numbers?

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Artist77.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
MsNumberDreamer's avatar - lottery balls-cash.jpg
North Carolina
United States
Member #145690
August 11, 2013
258 Posts
Posted: December 14, 2013, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

I had a conversation with a regular lottery player.  I asked her how she picks her numbers since she plays the same numbers every draw.  With the new matrix I find it very hard to come up with sets of 6 numbers that "makes sense" together. 75 balls are a lot of numbers to choose from but she uses death dates and ages when they died.  I'd never thought of that.

So... How do you choose your sets of numbers?

Has anyone switched to quick picks because of the new matrix?

To God be the glory... 

When you're winning you're being blessed by Him!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10344 Posts
    Posted: December 15, 2013, 12:48 am - IP Logged

One thing you can do is go from a standard 52 card deck of playing cards to a 78 card Tarot deck. Just eliminate cards 76, 77, and 78 and there you go!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
      Texas
      United States
      Member #86154
      January 30, 2010
      1648 Posts
      Posted: December 15, 2013, 2:27 am - IP Logged

You can keep your hard earned money in your pocket if you really wanna send 'em a message. But, there's always gonna be the hard core one's that feel that just when they don't run out and get some numbers' they're gonna win. I can understand the faithful one's with dedicated numbers playing, though. The state lotteries only understanding one thing...A DECREASE IN TICKET SALES. Do this, and you'll have their attention and probably even make the news where you can tell why you quit playing. Otherwise, you'll eventually see them add more and more numbers to where it really is impossible to win.

Ask yourself this serious question: How fair is it that just because a few players run into some very good luck and win the JP and the agencies increase the odds of NOT WINNING so that I can't maybe have a chance to win some day? I personally haven't played either of the JP games for the better part of this year....and I have no regrets whatsoever. I honestly wish folks could and would just take a serious stand and see just how much power they really have. You people have the power and don't even know it. Please wake up...

L.L.

Small games, frequent wins, and regular payouts 'cause.....

There are seven days in the week...'Someday' isn't one of them.

#lotto-4-a-living

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
        Los Angeles, California
        United States
        Member #103813
        January 5, 2011
        1530 Posts
        Posted: December 15, 2013, 5:12 am - IP Logged

I had a conversation with a regular lottery player.  I asked her how she picks her numbers since she plays the same numbers every draw.  With the new matrix I find it very hard to come up with sets of 6 numbers that "makes sense" together. 75 balls are a lot of numbers to choose from but she uses death dates and ages when they died.  I'd never thought of that.

So... How do you choose your sets of numbers?

Has anyone switched to quick picks because of the new matrix?

1-75 is basically Bingo balls. Maybe you can get some Bingo sheets or balls and play around with that.

Don't know if MM intended that, but they just so happened to land on that number 75 when creating the new matrix.

Hmmm...

Maybe if sales start to slack off they might do a revision to the matrix. They could do 5/80+1/10 instead of 5/75+1/15 which would be about 1-in-240M odds. And 80 white balls is basically Keno balls, so you got some benefit there. And 10 mega balls 0-9 would bring in the numbers players.

Wouldn't be surprised. Raise the odds, but then later come in and reduce them. Oldest trick in the book: raise the price, then give you a discount!

United States
          Member #145267
          August 1, 2013
          1492 Posts
          Posted: December 15, 2013, 9:55 am - IP Logged

There is no good way to pick MM numbers.  You just have to pick some numbers, check to see if the numbers have come out yet and continue to play them every drawing.  I play my own numbers, quick picks and I chase every drawing with new numbers of my own, so 3 ways to play.  Dec. 10, I won $150.00 on a quick pick multiplier.

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
            Member #4121
            March 23, 2004
            817 Posts
            Posted: December 15, 2013, 10:34 am - IP Logged

I play qps.

Party

MsNumberDreamer's avatar - lottery balls-cash.jpg
              North Carolina
              United States
              Member #145690
              August 11, 2013
              258 Posts
              Posted: December 15, 2013, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

I'm not asking for advice.  I'm curious to know how everyone comes up with their numbers, what do you like to use? 

LottoLoser--- I really don't play MegaMillions now since the change but I am going to play next draw just because of the jp amount.  I think the odds are ridiculous but I will have 1 ticket in just because.

To God be the glory... 

When you're winning you're being blessed by Him!

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
                JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
                Member #141034
                April 2, 2013
                1408 Posts
                Posted: December 15, 2013, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

Very carefully.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                  Member #121745
                  January 16, 2012
                  4783 Posts
                  Posted: December 15, 2013, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

Good idea. I just decided to use death years also and scrolled through family members from generations ago in my tree on Ancestry.com.  I will be glad when the MM is won so I can stop playing it until it reaches top 5 jackpots again.

J'aime La France.

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
                    Economy class
                    Belgium
                    Member #123700
                    February 27, 2012
                    4035 Posts
                    Posted: December 15, 2013, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

Are you family with the Aristocats?

Artist77's avatar - batman14

United States
                      Member #121745
                      January 16, 2012
                      4783 Posts
                      Posted: December 15, 2013, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

Are you family with the Aristocats?

lol  Not related to any Queens of Kings. Some wealthy landowners and well off Irish and Danish people but no royalty. I guess I will keep my day job.....and my artist job.

J'aime La France.