Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

who oversees the Mega Millions and Powerball

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 3 years ago by helpmewin.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
boston,ma
United States
Member #150102
December 15, 2013
112 Posts
Posted: December 15, 2013, 8:31 pm - IP Logged

Hello,

I'm new to the site, and before i came here I never thought about the lottery being fixed. The posts I've read here makes sense, and has me doubting the veracity of the lotteries. I also disagree with  having anonymous winners, if you take the opportunity to play, you should have to accept the fact that people will know who you are. The lotteries are too easy to corrupt with no major oversight. The 1980 pennsylvania lotto scam is an example how it's possible to fix the lotteries. Anyone knows who oversees these lotteries?

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
    Happyland
    United States
    Member #146344
    September 1, 2013
    1129 Posts
    Posted: December 15, 2013, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

Hello,

I'm new to the site, and before i came here I never thought about the lottery being fixed. The posts I've read here makes sense, and has me doubting the veracity of the lotteries. I also disagree with  having anonymous winners, if you take the opportunity to play, you should have to accept the fact that people will know who you are. The lotteries are too easy to corrupt with no major oversight. The 1980 pennsylvania lotto scam is an example how it's possible to fix the lotteries. Anyone knows who oversees these lotteries?

Both Powerball and Mega Millions are supervised by the Multi-State Lottery Association aka "MUSL." Their website is a little outdated but has relevant information. Both the PB and MM websites also have information related to game security etc.

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
    If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2016: -48.28% (13 tickets) ||
    P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
      Los Angeles, California
      United States
      Member #103813
      January 5, 2011
      1530 Posts
      Posted: December 15, 2013, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

Hello,

They oversee themselves, although outside observers are also allowed. Integrity is everything. If lots of people doubt the authenticity of the drawings, sales will suffer.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19831 Posts
        Posted: December 16, 2013, 8:50 am - IP Logged

They oversee themselves, although outside observers are also allowed. Integrity is everything. If lots of people doubt the authenticity of the drawings, sales will suffer.

Also since all participating state lotteries are sending them more than 30% of their MM/PB sales dollars for the jackpots, they also have an interest in their drawings being on the level.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
          u$a
          United States
          Member #106665
          February 22, 2011
          19911 Posts
          Posted: December 16, 2013, 8:58 am - IP Logged

Smash Florida

Let it Snow Snowman