Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Future of Mega Millions?

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Tatototman65.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Endless Mountains Pennsylvania
United States
Member #149903
December 11, 2013
202 Posts
Posted: December 18, 2013, 5:53 am - IP Logged

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say sales will drop off dramatically now that the jp was hit due to millions of smashed dreams and it will be 3 months before it's hit again at over 1 billion.

I know I wont be playing it anymore until it reaches that size again, what say you?

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
    u$a
    United States
    Member #106665
    February 22, 2011
    19727 Posts
    Posted: December 18, 2013, 6:20 am - IP Logged

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say sales will drop off dramatically now that the jp was hit due to millions of smashed dreams and it will be 3 months before it's hit again at over 1 billion.

I know I wont be playing it anymore until it reaches that size again, what say you?

I Agree! I was just thinking the same thing because Christmas and the New year holiday traveling Noel

Let it Snow Snowman

United States
      Member #149820
      December 9, 2013
      643 Posts
      Posted: December 18, 2013, 7:15 am - IP Logged

I'll still get one ticket. Ive been getting the yellow ball number for the past three drawings. Still hoping I'll hit that elusive 2nd tier prize, I woulda been super happy with that 4 million  last night

TooTallLuke's avatar - img 8jc7G2.jpg
        Ontario
        Canada
        Member #137286
        December 31, 2012
        93 Posts
        Posted: December 18, 2013, 7:56 am - IP Logged

I Agree! I was just thinking the same thing because Christmas and the New year holiday traveling Noel

I Agree!

MsNumberDreamer's avatar - lottery balls-cash.jpg
          North Carolina
          United States
          Member #145690
          August 11, 2013
          258 Posts
          Posted: December 18, 2013, 7:58 am - IP Logged

I definitely will not play again until it' super high.  With MM odds that is the only time I will play.

To God be the glory... 

When you're winning you're being blessed by Him!

United States
            Member #145267
            August 1, 2013
            1492 Posts
            Posted: December 18, 2013, 8:45 am - IP Logged

I agree, now it's time to put 100% on powerball.

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
              Los Angeles, California
              United States
              Member #103813
              January 5, 2011
              1530 Posts
              Posted: December 18, 2013, 8:58 am - IP Logged

I will go out on that limb with you and say that sales will drop off dramatically for the next draw compared to last night's draw. Probably to around the nominal $15M starting sales.

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                7295 Posts
                Posted: December 18, 2013, 9:10 am - IP Logged

MM ticket sales always drop after a nine digit jackpot win and record drop in sales is $627 million from 3/30/12 to 4/03/12. Sales prove people will buy many more tickets when the jackpot reaches a certain size, but the amount of the jackpot that starts a ticket buying frenzy is gradually getting higher.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
                  NY
                  United States
                  Member #121961
                  January 21, 2012
                  3157 Posts
                  Posted: December 18, 2013, 10:43 am - IP Logged

The 656 jackpot already ruined mega. Seems like players don't care about it until it reaches 400mill. It took a Billion dollar possibility to hype it up this time. Now that people know about the changes, it might be along time before Todd gets another interview.

Saylorgirl's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                    Indiana
                    United States
                    Member #129225
                    June 13, 2012
                    546 Posts
                    Posted: December 18, 2013, 11:12 am - IP Logged

I will go back to my one ticket each drawing until the jackpot gets back up to the super high number.  I always play one line in both the MM and PB just to keep skin in the game.

gnozahs's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg

United States
                      Member #148996
                      November 17, 2013
                      28 Posts
                      Posted: December 18, 2013, 11:49 am - IP Logged

Yep! The last time I dropped my money into MM was when it had that big jackpot in 2012. And this time around for the $636 jackpot, I only used a dollar. I sure won't be touching MM until it reaches over $500 mil. Until next time MM!

United States
                        Member #135804
                        November 29, 2012
                        316 Posts
                        Posted: December 18, 2013, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

It will take at least 20 drawings to reach this height again from the starting $15 million. Powerball does this in 13 drawings

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19816 Posts
                          Posted: December 18, 2013, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

Until MM jackpot reaches at least $300M, players have lots of better or just as good of choices to play.  For example, Ohio has Classic Lotto(6/49) with a $55M jackpot with better odds of 1:14M to win it.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Greg2117's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
                            New York
                            United States
                            Member #145706
                            August 12, 2013
                            108 Posts
                            Posted: December 18, 2013, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

It will take at least 20 drawings to reach this height again from the starting $15 million. Powerball does this in 13 drawings

That's if no one wins before.

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
                              Los Angeles, California
                              United States
                              Member #149492
                              December 2, 2013
                              919 Posts
                              Posted: December 18, 2013, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

I'll definitely take a break from MM.  There are too many games competing for ones money.  SuperLotto in CA has been rolling over for a while, so it's decent sized right now.  I'll play SLP until someone wins that jackpot, as well as scratchers. 

I agree with posters above that the jackpot threshold that gets me excited seems to be rising.