Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:11 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Poll: Which record gets broken first?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 3 years ago by jjtheprince.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Which record do you think will fall first?

2012 $656M Jackpot [ 9 ]  [75.00%]
Dimaggio's 56 game hitting streak [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Don Larsen's perfect World Series game [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Maury Wills stolen bases [ 2 ]  [16.67%]
Cal Ripken's consecutive games [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Any Canadian curling record [ 1 ]  [8.33%]
Other [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 12 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10354 Posts
Posted: December 18, 2013, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

Which record do you think will get broken first? Or not broken at all?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
    Member #128790
    June 2, 2012
    5431 Posts
    Posted: December 18, 2013, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7322 Posts
      Posted: December 18, 2013, 9:50 pm - IP Logged

Which record do you think will get broken first? Or not broken at all?

Which stolen base record did Maury Wills have?

I believe you mean Rickey Henderson and unless they change the way the game is played, Rickey's record will stand..

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: December 18, 2013, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

Personally, I don't think anyone will ever break the record that was set at this year's Kentucky State Fair amid a cloud of controversy.

It was in the Ladies Division Finals of "The Loudest Fart in Kentucky" Contest and it caused quite a stink stir.

It seems one of the lady contestants, unfamiliar with the protocols, and unsure of where the microphone was for her performance, stopped right in front of the judges table, grabbed the Governor's microphone, bent over and let 'er rip. Well, the Governor's wife screamed and fell over backwards in her chair off the reviewing stand right into the slop in the hog pit. Then, for some reason, she got mad at the Governor for bringing her there and started flinging pig poop and screaming at him, calling him a stupid son of a b-word. I thought that was uncalled for but the crowd went wild.

Anyway, long story short, the lady contestant pinned the decibel meter even though she used the wrong microphone and the experts in this field say the record will likely never be broken.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10354 Posts
          Posted: December 19, 2013, 10:03 am - IP Logged

Stack47,

Ooops! Good eye!

Side note, Rickey Henderson made more in one season than Mickey Mantle made his entire career.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
            NY
            United States
            Member #121961
            January 21, 2012
            3157 Posts
            Posted: December 19, 2013, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

Personally, I don't think anyone will ever break the record that was set at this year's Kentucky State Fair amid a cloud of controversy.

It was in the Ladies Division Finals of "The Loudest Fart in Kentucky" Contest and it caused quite a stink stir.

It seems one of the lady contestants, unfamiliar with the protocols, and unsure of where the microphone was for her performance, stopped right in front of the judges table, grabbed the Governor's microphone, bent over and let 'er rip. Well, the Governor's wife screamed and fell over backwards in her chair off the reviewing stand right into the slop in the hog pit. Then, for some reason, she got mad at the Governor for bringing her there and started flinging pig poop and screaming at him, calling him a stupid son of a b-word. I thought that was uncalled for but the crowd went wild.

Anyway, long story short, the lady contestant pinned the decibel meter even though she used the wrong microphone and the experts in this field say the record will likely never be broken.

LOL. She should try out for Americas Got Talent.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
              Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
              United States
              Member #112968
              June 29, 2011
              3856 Posts
              Posted: December 19, 2013, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

I picked the 656 MM JP

I don't pay attention to baseball, are the other records close to being beaten ?

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                United States
                Member #112968
                June 29, 2011
                3856 Posts
                Posted: December 19, 2013, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

Onlymoney,

Thanks for the video, Chevelle is my fav ride, have owned several

I see the blue 68 @ 2:01 has Jersey lic. also the 72 4wd looks like it's on Wildwood beach.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
                  Member #106134
                  February 13, 2011
                  806 Posts
                  Posted: December 19, 2013, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

Probably the jackpot.  I can see a slightly bigger one in the future, but  never a billion $.  When it gets real high it gets too easy to win.