Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

America's Court Lottery Case

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 3 years ago by maringoman.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #77815
August 1, 2009
3459 Posts
Posted: December 19, 2013, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

I just watched this case on America's Court with Judge Ross. A couple was suing their friend for $5,000 because she won $1,000,000.00 and "promise" to  to help them out because they were "struggling". The couple played every week and said the defendant use to tell them " stop playing the lottery because you are wasting money". Tracy Mayberry the defendant played the lottery for the very first time when she gave the husband $1 to play a ticket for her that she pick the numbers for and won.  The husband was mad  and said "We play the lottery every week and she played one time and WON! After taxes and taking the lump sum she took home $650,000. The winner took 8 people (including the couple) on a trip to Florida that cost her $15,000. The defendant presented the hotel bills which showed the following: The couple upgraded their room to a suite with a ocean view $1,600, room service $500, glass bottom boat ride $500, scuba package $500, wine service $1,175. They were spending the winners money like it was theirs. Now reality has set in and they are still struggling they want some of that lottery money. Case dismissed.

Did anyone else catch this episode?

Guess Who's Back?

United States
    Member #149820
    December 9, 2013
    644 Posts
    Posted: December 19, 2013, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

I just watched this case on America's Court with Judge Ross. A couple was suing their friend for $5,000 because she won $1,000,000.00 and "promise" to  to help them out because they were "struggling". The couple played every week and said the defendant use to tell them " stop playing the lottery because you are wasting money". Tracy Mayberry the defendant played the lottery for the very first time when she gave the husband $1 to play a ticket for her that she pick the numbers for and won.  The husband was mad  and said "We play the lottery every week and she played one time and WON! After taxes and taking the lump sum she took home $650,000. The winner took 8 people (including the couple) on a trip to Florida that cost her $15,000. The defendant presented the hotel bills which showed the following: The couple upgraded their room to a suite with a ocean view $1,600, room service $500, glass bottom boat ride $500, scuba package $500, wine service $1,175. They were spending the winners money like it was theirs. Now reality has set in and they are still struggling they want some of that lottery money. Case dismissed.

I didnt and Im glad too cause I'd have been screaming at the tv. Some people are just sore losers and she was nice enough to take them on a vacation. I wouldnt have given them anything with them acting like they were. Also if they were "struggling" where did they get them money to take someone to court?? Sore losers

Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
      Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
      United States
      Member #50210
      March 1, 2007
      843 Posts
      Posted: December 19, 2013, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

Wow?! the gratitude some people have!

** Some people fulfill their dreams by receiving entitlements from the Government while others wake up and work hard for it! **

mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
        Los Angeles, California
        United States
        Member #149492
        December 2, 2013
        919 Posts
        Posted: December 19, 2013, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

Should I get lucky to win, my first concern would be people finding me, and my second concern would be frivolous lawsuits that are bound to be filed.

United States
          Member #125918
          March 31, 2012
          362 Posts
          Posted: December 19, 2013, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

Umm i didn't watch it but it sounds like black people behaving that way and don't say that is racist since i am half black..

Win$500Quick's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
            Florida
            United States
            Member #77815
            August 1, 2009
            3459 Posts
            Posted: December 19, 2013, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

Umm i didn't watch it but it sounds like black people behaving that way and don't say that is racist since i am half black..

The wife and defendant was white. The husband was black.

Guess Who's Back?

United States
              Member #125918
              March 31, 2012
              362 Posts
              Posted: December 19, 2013, 3:17 pm - IP Logged

ok thanks

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                adelaide sa
                Australia
                Member #37136
                April 11, 2006
                3300 Posts
                Posted: December 19, 2013, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

why only $5k, is it  like judge judy? max claim is $5k?id pay em the $5k if they agree its all they ever gt nd to never contact me again or i can sue em for the $5k back.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
                  Wisconsin
                  United States
                  Member #123290
                  February 17, 2012
                  3048 Posts
                  Posted: December 24, 2013, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

What the heck does skin color have to do with it? You made that presumption based on what?

Oh no you couldn't possibly be racist because your half blackRoll Eyes

What are you mixed with? Half black, half stupid? dang!!!

...the secret to Luck is never to trust it...

2012 wins:$20 loss:$200  2013 wins:$100 loss:$270  2014 wins:$360 loss:$273 

2015 wins:$0 loss:$53  2016 Jan $0/$15.00 Feb $0/$2.50 Mar $0/$4.00 April $0/$0 May $0/$0

June $0/$0 July $0/$0 Aug $0/$0 Sep $0/$0 Oct $0/$0

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10348 Posts
                    Posted: December 24, 2013, 8:02 pm - IP Logged

why only $5k, is it  like judge judy? max claim is $5k?id pay em the $5k if they agree its all they ever gt nd to never contact me again or i can sue em for the $5k back.

savagegoose,

I read somewhere that the people appearing on those shows- both sides - are paid a set amount to appear and the rest is just for show, literally, the decision is never really paid out.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Baton Rouge, LA
                      United States
                      Member #4602
                      May 7, 2004
                      699 Posts
                      Posted: December 24, 2013, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

savagegoose,

I read somewhere that the people appearing on those shows- both sides - are paid a set amount to appear and the rest is just for show, literally, the decision is never really paid out.

What I've read about these shows is if either side wins, the show pays the judgement and if there is no judgement, each are paid for appearing.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                        Massachusetts
                        United States
                        Member #37433
                        April 14, 2006
                        2747 Posts
                        Posted: December 24, 2013, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

What the heck does skin color have to do with it? You made that presumption based on what?

Oh no you couldn't possibly be racist because your half blackRoll Eyes

What are you mixed with? Half black, half stupid? dang!!!

I Agree!  he might not be racist but he is not very smart either. I drew that conclusion when I saw some of the threads he starts. One that was pretty bad went like this;

What would you do if some stranger hands you a jackpot ticket?

I kid you not lol

That money's gone fo ever

maringoman's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcTbRxpKQmOfcCoUqF2FyqIOAwDo7rg9G-lfJLAALPGWJWwiz19eRw
                          Massachusetts
                          United States
                          Member #37433
                          April 14, 2006
                          2747 Posts
                          Posted: December 24, 2013, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

If you have a link to the story please share, it seems like an interesting story

That money's gone fo ever