Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 11:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Everyone should buy only one ticket for any game

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 3 years ago by One-Day.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #128790
June 2, 2012
5431 Posts
Posted: December 20, 2013, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

Think about this. If you buy more than one ticket, you're not sure if any "One" of those tickets will be a winner. Having doubt will negatively affect any scenario.

If you buy only one ticket, your focus is 100% on one combo. Look at the numbers for a while, maybe 5 minutes.

My next project is to force myself to repeat numbers like a soft mantra in my head. It's not easy, especially if I'm driving or doing some other task/s.

I wonder if LP members would be interested in a mass focus on a pick-3 number for any state of the choosing. The focus would run for one day for the next day's midday drawing. A simple poll would first establish which state to choose and what p-3 combo to use.

Game?

Theox-'s avatar - DAylUYw

United States
    Member #148698
    November 9, 2013
    96 Posts
    Posted: December 20, 2013, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

Thoughts do not effect reality; actions change reality. Doubting or believing in numbers will not change which numbers are drawn. 

Buying multiple tickets gives you an almost non existent improvement in your odds of winning. That's mainly because the odds are stacked so highly against you.

You are arriving at the right conclusion,  but you are getting there the wrong way.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5145 Posts
      Posted: December 20, 2013, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

Think about this. If you buy more than one ticket, you're not sure if any "One" of those tickets will be a winner. Having doubt will negatively affect any scenario.

If you buy only one ticket, your focus is 100% on one combo. Look at the numbers for a while, maybe 5 minutes.

My next project is to force myself to repeat numbers like a soft mantra in my head. It's not easy, especially if I'm driving or doing some other task/s.

I wonder if LP members would be interested in a mass focus on a pick-3 number for any state of the choosing. The focus would run for one day for the next day's midday drawing. A simple poll would first establish which state to choose and what p-3 combo to use.

Game?

OM:

U have a "POINT" & pur psyko agree 50%

but, @ this point U have MM stats on UR!

"SIDE" cause IRA CURRY won w/one PIC!

pur STUPID psyko will continue 2 buy mo

TICKET'$ than ME can AFFORD$$$$$$$$!

Jack-in-the-Box

BuyLow's avatar - palm tree.jpg
        Florida
        United States
        Member #61435
        May 22, 2008
        910 Posts
        Posted: December 21, 2013, 9:59 am - IP Logged

I have been informally watching my spending and winnings and have decided to cut back to one PB with Powerplay, one MM with Megaplier, one Mega-Money (FL) ticket per draw and will continue to play FL Fantasy 5 with multiple tickets every day as the odds are best for this game (1:376,992) and buying more tickets does give you more chances to win.  With the lower odds games I think this strategy makes sense.  Looking at MM and PB and buying multiple tickets not so much because odds are astronomical.  Lets assume the population of THE ENTIRE USA were 258,890,850 (MM odds), and to win you have to be the one person chosen (have the winning ticket), and if you buy two tickets you didn't improve the odds you only increased your chances by 1.  Will see.......

Portland, OR
          United States
          Member #145973
          August 20, 2013
          226 Posts
          Posted: December 21, 2013, 10:33 am - IP Logged

There is really no difference between 1 and 1000 tickets if luck is against you.  Curry was lucky to win this big with one ticket, that's all.  A few jackpots ago I believe the guy bought $20 worth of tickets and one won.

"Understand... people are more complicated than the masks they wear in society... everyone is playing to win, and some people will use moral justifications to advance their side"

Robert Greene