Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Tickets for MegaMillions should be $2 when Jackpot is over $500M.

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Teddi.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
EZMoney's avatar - weedss04lx1

United States
Member #415
June 22, 2002
418 Posts
Posted: December 21, 2013, 1:37 am - IP Logged

My research and projections show that if tickets were increased to $2 at the $500M point, we would have a billion dollar jackpot every 8 months.  Keeping the game how it is, we can only expect a billion dollar jackpot every 24 months.

Think's avatar - lightbulb
    Marquette, MI
    United States
    Member #20541
    August 20, 2005
    705 Posts
    Posted: December 21, 2013, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

My research and projections show that if tickets were increased to $2 at the $500M point, we would have a billion dollar jackpot every 8 months.  Keeping the game how it is, we can only expect a billion dollar jackpot every 24 months.

Hmmmm....charge when the demand is high so Jackpot snipers will have to pay more....

Maybe they should have to pay more since they did not pay to build up the Jackpot...

SergeM's avatar - slow icon.png
      Economy class
      Belgium
      Member #123700
      February 27, 2012
      4035 Posts
      Posted: December 21, 2013, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

25 cents would be cool.

New York's avatar - 103h4yr
        NYC
        United States
        Member #117984
        October 19, 2011
        1843 Posts
        Posted: December 21, 2013, 7:07 pm - IP Logged
          mrcraft's avatar - images3lp4 zps7dbb4a10.jpg
          Los Angeles, California
          United States
          Member #149492
          December 2, 2013
          919 Posts
          Posted: December 21, 2013, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

I see where you're coming from, but I'm not a big fan of that idea.

Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
            Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
            United States
            Member #50210
            March 1, 2007
            843 Posts
            Posted: December 21, 2013, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

I think you're wrong. Keeping the MM game with it's current matrix and $1 ticket price could very well produce a billion dollar jackpot by early March, 2014. 

MM may end up having a few smaller jackpots won this coming year but the probability of having several billion dollar plus jackpots in the same calendar year is very conceivable.

** Some people fulfill their dreams by receiving entitlements from the Government while others wake up and work hard for it! **

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
              Texas
              United States
              Member #92330
              June 5, 2010
              887 Posts
              Posted: December 21, 2013, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

No.

If you want higher amounts more often go to PowerBall and pay $2 there. This would also cause headaches when dealing with multidraw tickets.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19830 Posts
                Posted: December 22, 2013, 12:03 am - IP Logged

Don't you think MegaMillions did their own research and projections before coming with their changes?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8363 Posts
                  Posted: December 22, 2013, 12:35 am - IP Logged

Please don't give these people ideas about razing the price of a ticket.. they are making a killing off the backs of us as it is now.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                    NY
                    United States
                    Member #23835
                    October 16, 2005
                    3474 Posts
                    Posted: December 23, 2013, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

Don't you think MegaMillions did their own research and projections before coming with their changes?

Based on what they've said about the results of their research before introducing   enew matrix, I'm pretty sure they either don't know how to do good research or don't know how to interpret the results.

foemill's avatar - nw scandix.jpg
                      TN
                      United States
                      Member #109927
                      April 22, 2011
                      3643 Posts
                      Posted: December 23, 2013, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

I don't care if it ever gets to a billion dollars, I wish someone would win every draw .....me lol.

Have a great day, Hit a str8.

United States
                        Member #149820
                        December 9, 2013
                        644 Posts
                        Posted: December 23, 2013, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

I only care if the jackpot is a billion dollars if I win, so the lowest amount would be just fine for me lol

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                          Gurnee, Illinois
                          United States
                          Member #49731
                          February 12, 2007
                          917 Posts
                          Posted: January 6, 2014, 9:31 am - IP Logged

It would not only be impossible to arbitrarily change the ticket price in that manner, it also would be wrong and unfair. Sure, it sucks to hear an infrequent or first-time lottery player shout for Joy that they won, and on a $1 QP to throw more salt in the wounded psyche of die hard systems players! Only the president of the US can pull off such arbitrary tinkering of his problematic healthcare insurance law (cannot be called "affordable" nor <insert his last name>care[s]).

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

United States
                            Member #149820
                            December 9, 2013
                            644 Posts
                            Posted: January 6, 2014, 11:28 am - IP Logged

We dont need to see a billion dollar jackpot every 6 mo. if it means we HAVE to pay an extra dollar. There is nothing wrong with the amount we pay now. I don't know anyone who would thumb their nose at winning a 15 million dollar jackpot for a dollar investment

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
                              East of Columbus, OH
                              United States
                              Member #120843
                              December 28, 2011
                              451 Posts
                              Posted: January 6, 2014, 12:00 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like price gouging.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool