Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 9:22 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Idea for a lottery that would foil psychics, cheat codes, and birthday numbers.

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 3 years ago by Uluska.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #106134
February 13, 2011
806 Posts
Posted: January 1, 2014, 11:08 am - IP Logged

Let's face it, no one can win fair and square due to psychics, cheat codes, and birthday numbers.  I came up with an idea for a lottery that would be HARD to win and nearly impossible to cheat.

It would be 5 + 0 and the numbers would go from 31 to 999.  However, only a total of 250 random numbers would be played for each drawing, so it would be impossible to know what numbers would be played to be drawn.  For example, one drawing the numbers 31, 34, 38, 39, 42, 46, ... etc. would be played & the next drawing the numbers played would be 32, 34, 35, 40, 43, ... etc.

This would be an awesome game and whoever wins would most likely win fair & square!  What do you all think?

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    42157 Posts
    Posted: January 1, 2014, 11:13 am - IP Logged

Those pesky psychics will always find a way, the use a silver bowl full of water and stir until numbers appear, if you don't believe me, try it.

HyperBe Happy.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10392 Posts
      Posted: January 1, 2014, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

Sully16 is right. Not only are the psychics ready but  'Steve Player' aleady has the 31-999 system in the works.

Scared

jj,

Anyone who would consider playing such a game has no business playing the lottery. They should just send in the price of the tickets as a donation and skip the formailty of playing.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7344 Posts
        Posted: January 1, 2014, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

Let's face it, no one can win fair and square due to psychics, cheat codes, and birthday numbers.  I came up with an idea for a lottery that would be HARD to win and nearly impossible to cheat.

It would be 5 + 0 and the numbers would go from 31 to 999.  However, only a total of 250 random numbers would be played for each drawing, so it would be impossible to know what numbers would be played to be drawn.  For example, one drawing the numbers 31, 34, 38, 39, 42, 46, ... etc. would be played & the next drawing the numbers played would be 32, 34, 35, 40, 43, ... etc.

This would be an awesome game and whoever wins would most likely win fair & square!  What do you all think?

Why not suggest a RNG drawn pick-3 and pick-4 game where the RNG is programmed for no repeat digits, but don't tell the players who wagered on doubles, triples and quads. Cheating the players in your game is more obvious because 75% of the numbers purchased won't even be in the drawing.

Have any other ideas on how to cheat the players?

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8395 Posts
          Posted: January 1, 2014, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

Why not suggest a RNG drawn pick-3 and pick-4 game where the RNG is programmed for no repeat digits, but don't tell the players who wagered on doubles, triples and quads. Cheating the players in your game is more obvious because 75% of the numbers purchased won't even be in the drawing.

Have any other ideas on how to cheat the players?

They already did that in Tennessee

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
            rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: January 1, 2014, 10:09 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like it would be too easy to win.

We want a good challenge so we can feel good about ourselves when we win.

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              42157 Posts
              Posted: January 2, 2014, 10:15 am - IP Logged

Sounds like it would be too easy to win.

We want a good challenge so we can feel good about ourselves when we win.

You can exchange birthday days, for the year they were born

So instead of 1-2-14-16-21-26

we get 62-63-65-66-70-72, I am going to play all the years me and my brothers and sisters were born.

Yikes, my mom had 6 kids in 10 years, gotta play the 6 and 10 now.

HyperBe Happy.

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                Texas
                United States
                Member #92330
                June 5, 2010
                887 Posts
                Posted: January 2, 2014, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

So you're idea is not only a game of 968 numbers, but where 718 of those numbers will not be available within the draw, and players wouldn't be told what number selection is going on that night?

What would the odds for that game be? 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%?

LottoMetro's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                  Happyland
                  United States
                  Member #146344
                  September 1, 2013
                  1131 Posts
                  Posted: January 2, 2014, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

Talking centillions here.

To calculate the odds for this you would have to first figure out how many ways 250 numbers can be derived from 968 numbers. Hint: the answer is 239 digits long. Then you would have to calculate how many ways 5 numbers can be derived from that number, which would probably be close to a millinillion.

"This would be an awesome game and whoever wins would most likely win fair & square!  What do you all think?"

This would be a non-winner game. LOL

If the chances of winning the jackpot are so slim, why play when the jackpot is so small? Your chances never change, but the potential payoff does.
                  If a crystal ball showed you the future of the rest of your life, and in that future you will never win a jackpot, would you still play?

2017: 0% (0 tickets)
                  P&L % = Total Win($)/Total Wager($) - 1

United States
                    Member #106134
                    February 13, 2011
                    806 Posts
                    Posted: January 3, 2014, 9:10 am - IP Logged

Talking centillions here.

To calculate the odds for this you would have to first figure out how many ways 250 numbers can be derived from 968 numbers. Hint: the answer is 239 digits long. Then you would have to calculate how many ways 5 numbers can be derived from that number, which would probably be close to a millinillion.

"This would be an awesome game and whoever wins would most likely win fair & square!  What do you all think?"

This would be a non-winner game. LOL

But we NEED a lottery that is HARD.

When current mm and PB winners show up to lottery hq to turn in their tickets I'm sure they're all thinking "We just screwed them out of millions! That was too easy!"

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19903 Posts
                      Posted: January 3, 2014, 11:45 am - IP Logged

Lottery players aren't as dumb as you think, most wouldn't play a game that dumb and lottery commissions know it.  They have come up with games people will play or they are out of business.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                        Member #106134
                        February 13, 2011
                        806 Posts
                        Posted: January 4, 2014, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

Lottery players aren't as dumb as you think, most wouldn't play a game that dumb and lottery commissions know it.  They have come up with games people will play or they are out of business.

Set the jackpot to start at $500 million & charge $1 per play.

People would line up around the block to play it.

Uluska's avatar - strawberry

United States
                          Member #134627
                          November 2, 2012
                          1004 Posts
                          Posted: January 5, 2014, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

I would organise lottery where since age 18 everyone ( if he wishes so) is assigned lottery number ( like social security number) and  every month lottery ticket is played on his behalf by random pick and it is charged on person's vages, or account or his social security money. If person is made a participant of lottery for life, then amount of wins drastically increases. Lottery then can afford pretty impressive rewards, and a lot more of them. I mean there will be better wins even on 1 number match. This lottery's funds are to go only towards wins, not to social projects. Run by govermental office, this lottery is nonprofit. In my mind that be cool. Game for the sake of game.