Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does anyone have luck with vending machines for scratch tickets?

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 3 years ago by LottoMomma.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #122468
February 1, 2012
530 Posts
Posted: January 30, 2014, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

I'm just wondering how many people have had much luck when it comes to buying scratch off tickets from a vending machine?  I have not had much luck with vending machines. There was one time about 3 years ago that I won 100 dollars on a 5 dollar scratch ticket from a vending machine. When I buy scratchers I tend to not use the vending machines because you can't see the ticket number in a machine. I have gone back and forth about caring about the number on a scratch ticket. There was a time that I only would be scratch tickets with low numbers or at the end of a pack. For awhile it didn't matter what the number was on a ticket because I have won occasionally on numbers like 98 or so.  I bought one 5 dollar ticket from my local grocery store vending machine the other day and lost on that ticket and then left the store.  I do not buy PB or MM tickets from my vending machines because they do not allow you to play with the multiplier. Just curious what luck people have had with vending machines in general?

NEW YORK
    United States
    Member #90535
    April 29, 2010
    11982 Posts
    Posted: January 30, 2014, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

I'm just wondering how many people have had much luck when it comes to buying scratch off tickets from a vending machine?  I have not had much luck with vending machines. There was one time about 3 years ago that I won 100 dollars on a 5 dollar scratch ticket from a vending machine. When I buy scratchers I tend to not use the vending machines because you can't see the ticket number in a machine. I have gone back and forth about caring about the number on a scratch ticket. There was a time that I only would be scratch tickets with low numbers or at the end of a pack. For awhile it didn't matter what the number was on a ticket because I have won occasionally on numbers like 98 or so.  I bought one 5 dollar ticket from my local grocery store vending machine the other day and lost on that ticket and then left the store.  I do not buy PB or MM tickets from my vending machines because they do not allow you to play with the multiplier. Just curious what luck people have had with vending machines in general?

New York Lottery sells Megaplier and Power Play tickets through lottery vending machines.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
      Texas
      United States
      Member #55889
      October 23, 2007
      5604 Posts
      Posted: January 30, 2014, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

I rarely play scratchers but I did win $100 on a scratcher from a vending machine a couple years ago. I buy my online tics whenever I can from the vending machine at the local Tom Thumb grocery store. It's faster than waiting on a clerk at the service desk. I use playslips so I never have a problem with the powerplay and megaplier.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

United States
        Member #149820
        December 9, 2013
        644 Posts
        Posted: January 30, 2014, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

We can get them at the Food lions or the Harris Teeters here, but since they dont give change I rarely use them

London
          United Kingdom
          Member #140684
          March 24, 2013
          566 Posts
          Posted: January 30, 2014, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

We don't have lottery vending machines in the UK, I'm not really bothered since I don't play scratchers. Although it would be cool to get a Euro Millions ticket from a vending machine.

2016 Won/Lost

EuroMillions / Spent: £22 / Won £0 / Total -£22

UK Lotto / Spent: £4 / Won: £0 / Total: -£4

2016 Total: -£24

Jan: -£22 Feb: £0 ~ Mar: £0 ~ April: £0 ~ May: £0 ~ June: £0 ~ July: £2

EuroMillions = £2 Line / Played: x11 [old price] 

EuroMillions = £2.50 Line / Played: x0

UK Lotto = £2 Line / Played x2

SaintAndiesPl's avatar - animal butterfly.jpg
            Yonkers, NY
            United States
            Member #127830
            May 10, 2012
            120 Posts
            Posted: January 30, 2014, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

I won the most from vending machines.. Twice I won 500 bucks from a stop and shop supermarket vending machine.. Yes the same machine Naughty... And  I won 100 from a racino vending machine..

It Takes More Than a Dollar and a Dream :)

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: January 30, 2014, 11:04 pm - IP Logged

Hi,

I rarely play scratchers but I would prefer the machines.

The Dragon Lady doesn't allow machines in East Tennessee though, anymore than jackpot winning tickets.

The lady's not too crazy about hillbillies, it seems.

We embarrass her and all them flatlanders out west.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                TX
                United States
                Member #121193
                January 4, 2012
                1637 Posts
                Posted: January 30, 2014, 11:34 pm - IP Logged

Have bought a few from the machines here in E. Texas. won some, probably lost more. But I do have to say I have had better luck going and getting them from a clerk at my fav store...only concern I have from this store ????? Their last 3 numbers of their identifier is.................     666  Thud

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

MsNumberDreamer's avatar - lottery balls-cash.jpg
                  North Carolina
                  United States
                  Member #145690
                  August 11, 2013
                  259 Posts
                  Posted: February 1, 2014, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

A lady in my area got a $100 and a $1000 win out of one.

To God be the glory... 

When you're winning you're being blessed by Him!

noise-gate's avatar - images q=tbn:ANd9GcR91HDs4UJhjxO7cmeMQWZ5lB_FOcMLOGicau4V74R45tDgPWrr
                    Bay Area - California
                    United States
                    Member #136477
                    December 12, 2012
                    4108 Posts
                    Posted: February 1, 2014, 9:48 pm - IP Logged

Scratchers are extremely addictive. They not welcome here.

lynki516's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
                      Florida
                      United States
                      Member #150771
                      December 30, 2013
                      241 Posts
                      Posted: February 2, 2014, 8:21 am - IP Logged

I do not buy scratch off's from a vending machine. I like to see the number of the ticket Im buying. I also wouldn't like if the ticket got stuck in the machine.....Big Smile

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: February 3, 2014, 7:42 am - IP Logged

All tickets need to be sold online and via more sophisticated ATM style machines to remove the incompetence and corruption of incompetent and corrupt humans.

Let the vendors maintain their present income and perquisites by replacing the terminals in their stores with these machines.

United States
                          Member #116477
                          September 11, 2011
                          353 Posts
                          Posted: February 3, 2014, 8:10 am - IP Logged

Heres my take on it... I live in Nh on the Mass border i used to work in  Mass... When i did i did win a lot on the vendor scratchers a lot of 500s and 100s a lot of the time.. nh not as much a few 500s and 100s but not nearly like Mass. If you study the real odds on those things uts really ridiculous. It says 1 in 4 is a winner but thats bunk. Look on the website and youll see how the prizea are set up the ticket says Win !00g one in four chance of winning.. 90% of the winnining tickets are losers the rest out of 3 milllion tickets have ONE 100g prize

thats one in 3 million.... all the rest are the 5 dollar prizes. Or none...any in betweens are also like if it shows 5 grand on the ticket you scratch you know how you scratch and see those 5g 10g ect... theres like 2 of those from the 3million tickets. I guess we can only hope we might find one of those but i have got lucky on the 100s and 500s then i go a long stresk without anything. Seems hot and cold times. NOW im going to tell you something i KNOW iis true ive heard it from the horses mouth so to speak... this is where all those 100g winning tickets you see are won go to.. they will say all big prizes have been won on this one....There is a "syndicate" of people who pool big chunks of money together and go and buy a lot of packs  maybe 1og at a time of the scratchers before they even hit the machines when they first come out and thats where all the big winners are coming from

after the first run of numbers that win all the rest are losers mostly and pure gravy for the lottery. These same people also gather like 20g and make a run on the new tickets in the vendors as fast as they can in the first days

and grab all the winners hoping to make a big score.. they usually do. Can you win?f you can catch the crumbs they leave behind.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                            Texas
                            United States
                            Member #55889
                            October 23, 2007
                            5604 Posts
                            Posted: February 3, 2014, 8:34 am - IP Logged

Heres my take on it... I live in Nh on the Mass border i used to work in  Mass... When i did i did win a lot on the vendor scratchers a lot of 500s and 100s a lot of the time.. nh not as much a few 500s and 100s but not nearly like Mass. If you study the real odds on those things uts really ridiculous. It says 1 in 4 is a winner but thats bunk. Look on the website and youll see how the prizea are set up the ticket says Win !00g one in four chance of winning.. 90% of the winnining tickets are losers the rest out of 3 milllion tickets have ONE 100g prize

thats one in 3 million.... all the rest are the 5 dollar prizes. Or none...any in betweens are also like if it shows 5 grand on the ticket you scratch you know how you scratch and see those 5g 10g ect... theres like 2 of those from the 3million tickets. I guess we can only hope we might find one of those but i have got lucky on the 100s and 500s then i go a long stresk without anything. Seems hot and cold times. NOW im going to tell you something i KNOW iis true ive heard it from the horses mouth so to speak... this is where all those 100g winning tickets you see are won go to.. they will say all big prizes have been won on this one....There is a "syndicate" of people who pool big chunks of money together and go and buy a lot of packs  maybe 1og at a time of the scratchers before they even hit the machines when they first come out and thats where all the big winners are coming from

after the first run of numbers that win all the rest are losers mostly and pure gravy for the lottery. These same people also gather like 20g and make a run on the new tickets in the vendors as fast as they can in the first days

and grab all the winners hoping to make a big score.. they usually do. Can you win?f you can catch the crumbs they leave behind.

Don't know about your state, but in Texas they post how many top prizes have been claimed on each ticket. So a person can know whether to spend money on a particular ticket. Don't see any evidence of syndicates buying packs of tics.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                              Los Angeles, California
                              United States
                              Member #103813
                              January 5, 2011
                              1530 Posts
                              Posted: February 3, 2014, 8:47 am - IP Logged

Scratchers are extremely addictive. They not welcome here.

They not welcome here.

Please clarify ambiguous statement. Who/what not welcome where?

Scratcher player discussion not welcome on LP?

Scratchers not welcome in Bay Area or NG household?

Confused