Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 6:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

so my state now has online ticket sales here in australia

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 3 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
adelaide sa
Australia
Member #37136
April 11, 2006
3301 Posts
Posted: February 1, 2014, 1:29 am - IP Logged

here they have had online for a while interstate.  finally they  bring it here.  This is bad news for the retailers, who had to pay a hefty commission to get the terminals in their store. and are also embargoed form having a sales in low traffic   locations, or near another terminal owner.  When I say hefty, i mean in the realm of $40k  to get the license to operate and machine installed.

anyhow some thoughts on the new system.

you  fund thru credit card payments, yet the stores that sell them  are not allowed to accept credit payment.

you cannot withdraw funds from the account until  the credit card is verified.

although the state has a player card scheme that has ran for years, the online ticket sales is not connected to card purchase its like 2 separate data bases are in use.

the low price for min entry costs has been raised on some games, where you only have to buy 2 lines in the store you have to purchase 4 online. This really bugs me and makes it that i would have to do half my purchases online and half in store, if i wanted to  continue making  min purchases. meaning i am likely not to bother using the online sales unless i know i cant make it to a store, and  HAVE to use the online as only option not to miss buying a ticket.

last i can think of, there is  cancel ticket option where you can cancel ticket purchases before the draw.

I already used the site, seems simple enough you can save  plays as regular sets.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: February 1, 2014, 6:47 am - IP Logged

here they have had online for a while interstate.  finally they  bring it here.  This is bad news for the retailers, who had to pay a hefty commission to get the terminals in their store. and are also embargoed form having a sales in low traffic   locations, or near another terminal owner.  When I say hefty, i mean in the realm of $40k  to get the license to operate and machine installed.

anyhow some thoughts on the new system.

you  fund thru credit card payments, yet the stores that sell them  are not allowed to accept credit payment.

you cannot withdraw funds from the account until  the credit card is verified.

although the state has a player card scheme that has ran for years, the online ticket sales is not connected to card purchase its like 2 separate data bases are in use.

the low price for min entry costs has been raised on some games, where you only have to buy 2 lines in the store you have to purchase 4 online. This really bugs me and makes it that i would have to do half my purchases online and half in store, if i wanted to  continue making  min purchases. meaning i am likely not to bother using the online sales unless i know i cant make it to a store, and  HAVE to use the online as only option not to miss buying a ticket.

last i can think of, there is  cancel ticket option where you can cancel ticket purchases before the draw.

I already used the site, seems simple enough you can save  plays as regular sets.

"...you only have to buy 2 lines in the store you have to purchase 4 online."

That's called a "jerk u around" feature.

Put in there by people who like nothing more than to annoy other people with their love for control through ridiculous rules and regulations for no apparent rhyme or reason.

They're called Control Freaks.

And they have a need to be in control of other people and what they're allowed to do.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
      adelaide sa
      Australia
      Member #37136
      April 11, 2006
      3301 Posts
      Posted: February 1, 2014, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

"...you only have to buy 2 lines in the store you have to purchase 4 online."

That's called a "jerk u around" feature.

Put in there by people who like nothing more than to annoy other people with their love for control through ridiculous rules and regulations for no apparent rhyme or reason.

They're called Control Freaks.

And they have a need to be in control of other people and what they're allowed to do.

yeah i assumed it was a screw you for more feature. another interesting thing is that the stores   get t charge an agents fee, its 10c on every one dollar spent on ltto tickets. thats why all out games have weird  prices, well the lottos own  online store also charges this agents fee! I do guess if thy didnt it would make the online  purchase more competitive , by %10. and make it take even  more of the  commercial retailers business.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297