Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

problems with lotsoft

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 3 years ago by CARBOB.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
stone mtn ga 30088
United States
Member #18022
July 2, 2005
209 Posts
Posted: February 9, 2014, 11:46 am - IP Logged

anyone having problems with lotsoft??? cannot update draws,,,last time was jan 28

kreative1's avatar - flower2
    NE PA
    United States
    Member #127838
    May 10, 2012
    1255 Posts
    Posted: February 9, 2014, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

prior post

hopefully he's ok

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/271581

ineedahit's avatar - tim

United States
      Member #142494
      May 13, 2013
      2852 Posts
      Posted: February 9, 2014, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

Yea this sucks .... i noticed that today also .... I read that prior post and the solutions people are saying as far as updating it yourself are well over my head , i dont use excel, ... or create spreadsheets, or use cells , etc ... never have ... i dont even think i have excel on this laptop that i have lotsoftpro on ....

I hope someone hears something soon about this .... did Ricky or Paurths ever say anything about this happening ?

winning numbers are found using odds , patterns, history, and a little work  - anything else is just a coincidence, unless your psychic..Wink

MonEl's avatar - 24zd6s0

United States
        Member #132100
        August 26, 2012
        1108 Posts
        Posted: February 9, 2014, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

Yea this sucks .... i noticed that today also .... I read that prior post and the solutions people are saying as far as updating it yourself are well over my head , i dont use excel, ... or create spreadsheets, or use cells , etc ... never have ... i dont even think i have excel on this laptop that i have lotsoftpro on ....

I hope someone hears something soon about this .... did Ricky or Paurths ever say anything about this happening ?

In Lotsoft there are 2 ways to update draws by "Import draws from file" and by "Add draw", the Import can add a lot of past draws to Lotsoft, but the Add draw can only add 1 draw at a time, it is not so good to use, many years ago I asked Paurths to make a much better Add draw thing to Lotsoft, but he didn't want to, he said that it was already good enough, using it would take forever to add draws one draw at a time, it can be made better.

As it is import draws first and then add one draw at a time, those who can't import would be out of luck as the add draw as it is right now can only add one draw and that is it, it can't be used for adding many draws unless you have years in which to do that, it could be made faster and easier to use, but so far Paurths don't want to do it.

Another problem with many software programs is that if for some reason you need to reinstall the program you need to  get a new unlock code for it as the old code won't anymore work even on the very same Windows intallation and computer.

Good thing for me that as I have learned a few things about the lottery, I also have learned just a few things about computers and software, that sure does help some.

MonEl's avatar - 24zd6s0

United States
          Member #132100
          August 26, 2012
          1108 Posts
          Posted: February 9, 2014, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

In Lotsoft there are 2 ways to update draws by "Import draws from file" and by "Add draw", the Import can add a lot of past draws to Lotsoft, but the Add draw can only add 1 draw at a time, it is not so good to use, many years ago I asked Paurths to make a much better Add draw thing to Lotsoft, but he didn't want to, he said that it was already good enough, using it would take forever to add draws one draw at a time, it can be made better.

As it is import draws first and then add one draw at a time, those who can't import would be out of luck as the add draw as it is right now can only add one draw and that is it, it can't be used for adding many draws unless you have years in which to do that, it could be made faster and easier to use, but so far Paurths don't want to do it.

Another problem with many software programs is that if for some reason you need to reinstall the program you need to  get a new unlock code for it as the old code won't anymore work even on the very same Windows intallation and computer.

Good thing for me that as I have learned a few things about the lottery, I also have learned just a few things about computers and software, that sure does help some.

The problem is that you need the draws and then you need to make them like this in order to first import them, Lotsoft doesn't have a way of making the conversion by itself, you need to find a way of making the conversions by yourself, they need to be such as like this:

05/02/2011;3;7;5
          05/03/2011;9;1;5
          05/04/2011;4;4;2
          05/05/2011;2;8;1
          05/06/2011;4;0;1
          05/07/2011;0;3;6
          05/09/2011;0;6;8
          05/10/2011;5;2;7
          05/11/2011;7;4;3
          05/12/2011;1;7;1
          05/13/2011;7;1;0
          05/14/2011;9;0;0
          05/16/2011;6;6;4
          05/17/2011;1;2;4
          05/18/2011;8;5;0
          05/19/2011;4;2;6

By hand that might take forever to do.

You are on your own on this unless somebody else can help you.

There are people here who can make software and maybe even make an"intelligent draw importer or converter" for Lotsoft and or also other softwares.

Doing 1 or 2 states is not so bad, but if you need to update many states and often it can be a very big pain you know where.

That is why sometimes you need to use a prediciton method that uses very few past draws, having to update very many past draws is just too much trouble and mostly with some softwares such as Lotsoft.

grwurston's avatar - 144
            Let's Go Rangers!!!
            bel air maryland
            United States
            Member #90251
            April 24, 2010
            5123 Posts
            Posted: February 9, 2014, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

prior post

hopefully he's ok

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/271581

kreative1

Just so you know for future use. When you put in a link, when you get to the last # in the link. Hit enter. It will turn blue and

then we can just click on it instead of having to type it in to search.  Like this...

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/272028/3473601

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

MonEl's avatar - 24zd6s0

United States
              Member #132100
              August 26, 2012
              1108 Posts
              Posted: February 9, 2014, 3:01 pm - IP Logged

kreative1

Just so you know for future use. When you put in a link, when you get to the last # in the link. Hit enter. It will turn blue and

then we can just click on it instead of having to type it in to search.  Like this...

Yes, but if the link is not clickable then just copy and paste don't retype it.

grwurston's avatar - 144
                Let's Go Rangers!!!
                bel air maryland
                United States
                Member #90251
                April 24, 2010
                5123 Posts
                Posted: February 9, 2014, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

Yes, but if the link is not clickable then just copy and paste don't retype it.

Okay, I guess you could that too. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

NE PA
                  United States
                  Member #127838
                  May 10, 2012
                  1255 Posts
                  Posted: February 9, 2014, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

kreative1

thanks !

I was wondering why it didn't turn blue and thought maybe you had to be a paid member

grwurston's avatar - 144
                    Let's Go Rangers!!!
                    bel air maryland
                    United States
                    Member #90251
                    April 24, 2010
                    5123 Posts
                    Posted: February 9, 2014, 3:39 pm - IP Logged

thanks !

I was wondering why it didn't turn blue and thought maybe you had to be a paid member

You're welcome. Yeah, I went through the same thing till one day I hit enter by mistake and then...  Idea

NE PA
                      United States
                      Member #127838
                      May 10, 2012
                      1255 Posts
                      Posted: February 9, 2014, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

gotta love learning from mistakes

lol

grwurston's avatar - 144
                        Let's Go Rangers!!!
                        bel air maryland
                        United States
                        Member #90251
                        April 24, 2010
                        5123 Posts
                        Posted: February 9, 2014, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

gotta love learning from mistakes

lol

As the saying goes, "Experience is what you get when you screw up."   LOL

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                          ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                          United States
                          Member #4924
                          June 3, 2004
                          5973 Posts
                          Posted: February 10, 2014, 6:01 am - IP Logged

The problem is that you need the draws and then you need to make them like this in order to first import them, Lotsoft doesn't have a way of making the conversion by itself, you need to find a way of making the conversions by yourself, they need to be such as like this:

05/02/2011;3;7;5
                          05/03/2011;9;1;5
                          05/04/2011;4;4;2
                          05/05/2011;2;8;1
                          05/06/2011;4;0;1
                          05/07/2011;0;3;6
                          05/09/2011;0;6;8
                          05/10/2011;5;2;7
                          05/11/2011;7;4;3
                          05/12/2011;1;7;1
                          05/13/2011;7;1;0
                          05/14/2011;9;0;0
                          05/16/2011;6;6;4
                          05/17/2011;1;2;4
                          05/18/2011;8;5;0
                          05/19/2011;4;2;6

By hand that might take forever to do.

You are on your own on this unless somebody else can help you.

There are people here who can make software and maybe even make an"intelligent draw importer or converter" for Lotsoft and or also other softwares.

Doing 1 or 2 states is not so bad, but if you need to update many states and often it can be a very big pain you know where.

That is why sometimes you need to use a prediciton method that uses very few past draws, having to update very many past draws is just too much trouble and mostly with some softwares such as Lotsoft.

Formula for Cash 3 format   =TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yyyy")&";"&B1&";"&C1&";"&D1&""

Play 4 format =TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yyyy")&";"&G1&";"&H1&";"&I1&";"&J1

change the cell references accordingly!!!!!

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                            Pennsylvania
                            United States
                            Member #2218
                            September 1, 2003
                            5396 Posts
                            Posted: February 10, 2014, 10:11 am - IP Logged

Formula for Cash 3 format   =TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yyyy")&";"&B1&";"&C1&";"&D1&""

Play 4 format =TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yyyy")&";"&G1&";"&H1&";"&I1&";"&J1

change the cell references accordingly!!!!!

Lotsoft Pick 3 text files download link:

https://app.box.com/s/2cfp2zlihr38tzz1vyeh

Lotsoft Pick 4 text files download link:

https://app.box.com/s/6yi98v507y8chda04czr

Each link will direct you to the main folder.  There are 2 subfolders.  Midday Draws and Evening Draws.  Select the Pick 3 folder for example, open the Midday Draws folder, loctae the text file for your particular game(s) and download.

There are 2 PDF's with Instructions on how to update Lotsoft Pick 3 game in the 1st link above (Lotsoft Pick 3).

The Lotsoft Pick 3 draw history can be easily deleted.  The Pick 4 I'm still trying to figure out.

Drawing text files are updated through Februrary 9 2014 in the correct format.

If you try and import any of the text files for your particurlar game you will end up with duplicate draws.  This is where you need to delete all the current draws.  Read the PDF Instructions.

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
                              ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                              United States
                              Member #4924
                              June 3, 2004
                              5973 Posts
                              Posted: February 10, 2014, 12:20 pm - IP Logged

Lotsoft Pick 3 text files download link:

https://app.box.com/s/2cfp2zlihr38tzz1vyeh

Lotsoft Pick 4 text files download link:

https://app.box.com/s/6yi98v507y8chda04czr

Each link will direct you to the main folder.  There are 2 subfolders.  Midday Draws and Evening Draws.  Select the Pick 3 folder for example, open the Midday Draws folder, loctae the text file for your particular game(s) and download.

There are 2 PDF's with Instructions on how to update Lotsoft Pick 3 game in the 1st link above (Lotsoft Pick 3).

The Lotsoft Pick 3 draw history can be easily deleted.  The Pick 4 I'm still trying to figure out.

Drawing text files are updated through Februrary 9 2014 in the correct format.

If you try and import any of the text files for your particurlar game you will end up with duplicate draws.  This is where you need to delete all the current draws.  Read the PDF Instructions.

Very nice Steve, thanks.