Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 12:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How soon would you have to go get your money??

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 3 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #149820
December 9, 2013
644 Posts
Posted: February 12, 2014, 7:55 am - IP Logged

With all the snow and ice in the south here lately, if you hit for let's say the 2 million last night when would you try to venture out of your home to go get that check. Would you wait a week or are you one of those who thinks they can drive in the snow and ice and go the next day?

schmuckatelly's avatar - half planet.jpg
    Jacksonville, Florida
    United States
    Member #140364
    March 17, 2013
    195 Posts
    Posted: February 12, 2014, 8:29 am - IP Logged

$2 million? As soon as the roads are driveable and I dont think it would take a week to get them drivable again.

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
      u$a
      United States
      Member #106665
      February 22, 2011
      19964 Posts
      Posted: February 12, 2014, 8:35 am - IP Logged

With all the snow and ice in the south here lately, if you hit for let's say the 2 million last night when would you try to venture out of your home to go get that check. Would you wait a week or are you one of those who thinks they can drive in the snow and ice and go the next day?

I wonder if mailing is the best way the mailman works in all kinds of weather

mypiemaster's avatar - 2015021003pileofcash
        JACKPOT HUNTER

United States
        Member #141034
        April 2, 2013
        1419 Posts
        Posted: February 12, 2014, 9:45 am - IP Logged

If you have your trust or LLC formed already, I say the first thing in the morning.

Seek and ye shall find -Matt. 7:7 ...Ask and ye shall receive -John 16:24 ...Give and it shall be given unto you -Luke 6:38 ...Be careful what you ask for!!! -Mypiemaster 1:1

Having Money Solves Problems That Not Having Money Creates Yes Nod ****John Carlton****

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
          NY
          United States
          Member #121961
          January 21, 2012
          3159 Posts
          Posted: February 12, 2014, 10:20 am - IP Logged

If it's two mill, i would try and be there the next day. If it's more, maybe a few days. I"ll  bring my tire chains and a shovel.

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
            NY
            United States
            Member #121961
            January 21, 2012
            3159 Posts
            Posted: February 12, 2014, 10:23 am - IP Logged

I'm sure you could bribe the mailman for a ride to the LO. Guitar

helpmewin's avatar - dandy
              u$a
              United States
              Member #106665
              February 22, 2011
              19964 Posts
              Posted: February 12, 2014, 10:34 am - IP Logged

I'm sure you could bribe the mailman for a ride to the LO. Guitar

Green laughmay take awhile them mail trucks don't look like they go to fast

United States
                Member #149820
                December 9, 2013
                644 Posts
                Posted: February 12, 2014, 10:44 am - IP Logged

If you have your trust or LLC formed already, I say the first thing in the morning.

A trust or LLC...Really?? It's just two mil, that's like 1,360,000 after tax here in NC. By the time you'd pay off bills bought new car and house and put some away for retirement you'd only have maybe 2-3 hundred thou left. Why would you need a trusy for that?

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                  TX
                  United States
                  Member #121193
                  January 4, 2012
                  1637 Posts
                  Posted: February 12, 2014, 11:43 am - IP Logged

A trust or LLC...Really?? It's just two mil, that's like 1,360,000 after tax here in NC. By the time you'd pay off bills bought new car and house and put some away for retirement you'd only have maybe 2-3 hundred thou left. Why would you need a trusy for that?

Shelby, a trust is a great asset for keeping your business personal. Here is a quote from an atty( Jim Ross)near Dallas that helped 2 people collect a lotto win, "In general, having a trust in place to hold large cash assets is an excellent way to maintain a degree of privacy about finances, particularly if someone is becoming accustomed to a new lifestyle."

While 2 million isn't much before fed taxes/state taxes. It can be an optional benefit, depending on your needs.

Here is a link to that entire statement for some light reading:

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/7/prweb8654988.htm

As fas as how soon I would have to venture out ?? I can wait for travel conditions to normalize and go collect on a Friday.  Naughty

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: February 12, 2014, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

No, too many crooks and thieves in the post office.

And if they don't steal it, there's a fair chance they'll lose it.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                      TX
                      United States
                      Member #121193
                      January 4, 2012
                      1637 Posts
                      Posted: February 12, 2014, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

Rdg....LOL..you do have a point on lost mail... I swear I receive between 2-3 pcs every single week that are neighbors or a couple of streets away. I have gotten to the point where I write on the front"idiots delivered your mail to the wrong address" and put it back in the box to go out the next day. I know...I know....don't criticize, condemn, or complain.  No No

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                        adelaide sa
                        Australia
                        Member #37136
                        April 11, 2006
                        3316 Posts
                        Posted: February 12, 2014, 1:57 pm - IP Logged

Shelby, a trust is a great asset for keeping your business personal. Here is a quote from an atty( Jim Ross)near Dallas that helped 2 people collect a lotto win, "In general, having a trust in place to hold large cash assets is an excellent way to maintain a degree of privacy about finances, particularly if someone is becoming accustomed to a new lifestyle."

While 2 million isn't much before fed taxes/state taxes. It can be an optional benefit, depending on your needs.

Here is a link to that entire statement for some light reading:

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/7/prweb8654988.htm

As fas as how soon I would have to venture out ?? I can wait for travel conditions to normalize and go collect on a Friday.  Naughty

good link there CD. personally i could wait i've waited this long, i would wait till the roads are safe/safer.  there is a whole life to act   hastily, once ive claimed my money. no need to  risk anything, before i even collect.

<div_prefs id="div_prefs">

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

Jill34786's avatar - Lottery-006.jpg
                          Windermere, FL/Franklin, TN
                          United States
                          Member #50210
                          March 1, 2007
                          843 Posts
                          Posted: February 12, 2014, 2:27 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

My experience with the USPS hasn't been pleasant either. I have had issues with registered mail, express mail, priority mail...you name it. 

I now only use Fed Ex on important documents.

** Some people fulfill their dreams by receiving entitlements from the Government while others wake up and work hard for it! **

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                            Idaho
                            United States
                            Member #94283
                            July 17, 2010
                            2284 Posts
                            Posted: February 12, 2014, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

My experience with the USPS hasn't been pleasant either. I have had issues with registered mail, express mail, priority mail...you name it. 

I now only use Fed Ex on important documents.

There've sure been a lot of them in the news here lately.  One Postmaster was arrested for stealing gift cards.  Gift cards!  They caught her using a small Target GC that they planted to catch the thief.  I thought postmasters made quite a lot of money.  Enough they wouldn't need to be stealing $10 gift cards.

United States
                              Member #149820
                              December 9, 2013
                              644 Posts
                              Posted: February 12, 2014, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

Not here I thought they ran in rain sleet or snow too, but we have not gotten mail today where I live