Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:54 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Billionaires Made in Powerball & MegaMillions

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 3 years ago by bigbear29.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Columbia, SC
United States
Member #150054
December 15, 2013
6 Posts
Posted: February 20, 2014, 9:54 am - IP Logged

I suspect the odds of the jackpot lottery games are being constantly increased to produce billionaires or semi-billionaires, instead of many happy millionaires. I have the gut feeling the jackpot games are not clean. That's only my opinion. Not even an opinion, just a gut feeling. It is possible to create a technology where jackpot game can be rigged at gas stations or at the ball place or anywehre else. Th epast two jackpot winner tickets were sold in California and Florida. Less significant states seem to rarely get the winners. I hope I'm mistaken.

United States
    Member #145267
    August 1, 2013
    1532 Posts
    Posted: February 20, 2014, 10:39 am - IP Logged

I have said this before that there is something wrong or it is not a true random lottery number picking game.  But all you will get back is: it's the odds, or why would the lottery want to rig the game.  There is always 1 or 2 winners only, and always, mostly in the same locations.  For the smaller sales states, why spend the money to watch the same locations win the jackpot or 2nd tier winnings.

Columbia, SC
      United States
      Member #150054
      December 15, 2013
      6 Posts
      Posted: February 20, 2014, 11:17 am - IP Logged

Let's BOYCOTT MM and PB. I quit buying from now on. Thye're ugly tickets anyway, without any collector value (no topicals). I am still buying state instant scratch-off tickets sometimes, especially if I spot an attractive design, which lately are very very hard to find.... but I suspect those are rigged as well. I did win $50 once on a $10 ticket, but the odds seems whacked as I bought 11 x $5 tickets at different times and locations and none of them win, oh yes, I got $5 back on one of them. The odd are just below 1:4 but I get 1:10 and no win. I understand I got bad luck, but still, I have a bad feeling in my gut about ALL (most) of the lotteries.

In my entire life I spent many tens of thousands (I believe) of dollars on lotteries and all I won-back were $100 perhaps couple hundred in total $1s, $2s, $5s, $10s and one $50 ... I think that's unfair odds.

One more thing, I seriously collect attractive lottery tickets from around the world.

United States
        Member #145267
        August 1, 2013
        1532 Posts
        Posted: February 20, 2014, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

I also think that the lottery computer looks for the least played set of numbers, and I don't know how.